Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Rodriguez Opts out of Contract With Yankees
MVP 3rd baseman Alex Rodriguez opted out with his contract with the Yankees.
i wonder if boston will get him
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who else can afford him besides the Yankees? I think he will goto the Cubs.
Cubs or Cards get him.
Either Boston or Chi-town the cubs that is. Teams will be paying some big bucks to get him.
Dont count out Mr Cashman jus yet. He would rather give in and give him a raise than to lose the $20 million they would lose from the Rangers if he does leave. But it wouldnt really bother me if he did leave the bronx. Not that they are worrying how i would feel about it anyway. haha
But after studying the whole deal some more, it looks like NY would forfeit the $21 million from Texas even if they bring him back as a free agent, because, technically, it is a new contract.
I got this feeling that ARod won't be the only former Yank after this season. I think quite a few others will hit the road after what they did to Joe!
You got that right. My main concerns are that they get Jorge and Mo Rivera back. I think Rivera is gonna be the hardest one to convince. And if he goes, that puts Joba in the closer role instead of the rotation. And, i guess Girardi is who they are giving the call to for the Manager role. That what everyone else thinks it looks like?
ARod's gonna look good in that Pirates uniform next year, lol....
Send him to Cleveland!
Nah, he'll be a Cubbie, but who will they take out of the lineup, IMO they've got a stacked infield. and will NOT bench Aramis Ramirez
If he does happen to become a Cubbie, put him back at short! And then move Soriano back to 2nd like he was with the Yanks, lol. Talk about a stacked infield.

Belfry0304 Wrote:Send him to Cleveland!
Nah, he'll be a Cubbie, but who will they take out of the lineup, IMO they've got a stacked infield. and will NOT bench Aramis Ramirez
Cubs for sure...
Send him to Cincy!!!

Naw, I also just like everyone else thinks he'll in up in Chi-town but it wouldnt surpise me if he went to Boston.
I pray he goes to the Cubs. He would play short there and they could move Theriot to left and soriano to 2nd and Fonteno or Walker to RF with Jones in Center. Only problem is they have a lot of good yong talent that hav no where to go now. Like Felix Pie, Fonteno (sp), Matt Murton, and the new cather forgot his name.