Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What yearly matchup you would most like to see for your school?
I personally would like to see a yearly matchup with Pike Central. It would become a huge rivalry IMO with Pike Central finally heading in the right direction. Or a game with Somerset, i always loved going to those great games. Who would you like to see your school play every year that they don't?Wink
Tolsia, Wv
definatley sheldon clark..
Anderson Co. woodford county wants to play Anderson Co. so bad it's crazy!!!
Pikeville-Shelby Valley and Pikeville-Pike Central.
I'd like to see Sheldon Clark and Belfry every year on our schedule.
For Belfry number one I would love to see Pburg back, and then Bell County. That was a game the Pirates tried to get but their schedules didnt work out, but that would be a heck of a game.
Not Raceland.
Most def. get P-Burg back.
Some other schools Id like to see play in our area
Sheldon Clark-Pikeville
Pike County Central- Matewan WV, that would be an interesting gamet hat PCC may win.
Shelby Valley-Pikeville
East Ridge-Williamson WV - for those who dont know WV, would be a good game.
Phelps-Burch WV, not a knock on Phelps but would be a good non district win for them, Burch hasn't won in over 2 seasons.
I would like to see Russell pick up Ironton.
woods3030 Wrote:I would like to see Russell pick up Ironton.

Your wish is granted. Ironton is on the schedule for 2009.
I remember when Belfry played Ironton every year. 1-9 over the 10 years we played them, we couldn't even beat them with our 2003 or 2004 team, they were good!
2009 SCHEDULE ??????????
Greenup
Boyd
Ashland
Ironton

Lewis ????--Do you think they will be there??
East Carter
West Carter
Mason ?????-- Do you think they will be replaced by Fleming??

These are NOT valid just a thought..

Cabell Midland, WV ????
Lincoln Co, WV ???????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:2009 SCHEDULE ??????????
Greenup
Boyd
Ashland
Ironton

Lewis ????--Do you think they will be there??
East Carter
West Carter
Mason ?????-- Do you think they will be replaced by Fleming??

These are NOT valid just a thought..

Cabell Midland, WV ????
Lincoln Co, WV ???????

I think Lewis will drop a class, and I think Mason will go up a class
I want to see Pike Central and Pikeville i think this would be a great rivalry BUT it will never happen unfortunatly. Pike Central has wanted this game for years now and have never gotten it.
I would like to see the Wayne Co WV Pioneers added to the Russell schedule.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I want to see Pike Central and Pikeville i think this would be a great rivalry BUT it will never happen unfortunatly. Pike Central has wanted this game for years now and have never gotten it.
There would be no reason, other than a decent gate, for Pikeville to schedule Pike Central or Shelby Valley. Pikeville is in such a weak district they must schedule stronger non-district games to build on that year.
Some area games.....

Paintsville vs Magoffin
Johnson Central vs Sheldon Clark
Johnson Central vs Breathitt Co.
Paintsville vs Hazard (back on the schedule)
Prestonsburg vs Belfry/Sheldon Clark again
Pikeville/Pike County Central
Magoffin/Lawrence
paintsville-hazard
keep jc and paintsville game. its always fun
pburg-belfry
Instead of South Point, OH, Conner, Wheelersburg, OH and Louisville Central, I would like to see Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg & Lawrence County added to Johnson Central's schedule. Keep Belfry and Paintsville in addition to the district games and this would allow one open game to bring in an outside school. I like the local opponents.
I would like to see Paintsville vs. Lawrence. Paintsville vs. Louisa use to be a big game back in the day, they should bring it back.

Johnson Central vs. Belfry every year.
JC vs. Breathitt would be good
JC vs. Russell
I think most people down in this area of the state would like to see Whitley County play Corbin annually and most would also like to see Whitley play Williamsburg annually.
DevilsWin Wrote:I would like to see the Wayne Co WV Pioneers added to the Russell schedule.
I wouldnt mind seeing that game, Wayne is a very good fundamentaly sound football team, I think Russell would win more years than not. The bad thing about that game is if Wayne looses it kills their points in WV. From my understanding Belfry tried to get Wayne or Tolsia this year, but it didn't work out haha, Belfry had to try several teams to fill their schedule.
With no offense to Lawrence County fans, I think it is time Belfry takes the Bulldogs off the schedule.

Assuming Belfry's district remains the same:
Pike County Bowl: Can't get rid of this one

1A Pikeville- Rivalry, Long Standing

2A Prestonsburg- Replace Lawrence County, play them early, renew rivalry

5A Johnson Central- See alot of rpomise for this series, would rather play them earlier in year (7th or 8th game) to reduce injury risk impact, but still late enough to pinpoint weaknesses prior to post-season.

I also don't see Belfry continuing a long term series with Shelby Valley until they establish themselves as a legitimate contender year-in year-out, thus leaving one more game. I really would liek tos ee Belfry play up in class against soemone, but your options are limited in terms of an economically feasible series without alot oft ravel disatnce. playing up options:

- 5A Ashland, as long as they agree to home and home.

- 5A Letcher Central, program is finally on the right track and Howard and Haywood have coached against each other for years

- 5A South Laurel- Cardinals generally field competitive team, travel disatnce is bit of issue, but it allows Belfry to afce a spread offense annually.

- 4A Bell County- To be honest, as long as JC is on the schedule they don't need this game, Johnson Central gives them the exact same challenge and lessons learned with far less travel.

Playing Down Options:
- 2A Wayne, WV- Perennial WV pwoerhouse, not too far to travel

- 2A Corbin- Always tough, well rounded teams that are fundamentally solid, travel si bit of an issue.

Belfry doesn't need to play another 1A team as long as Pikeville is on the shedule and they will see a 1A state powerhouse every other year in the Pike County Bowl.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With no offense to Lawrence County fans, I think it is time Belfry takes the Bulldogs off the schedule.

Assuming Belfry's district remains the same:
Pike County Bowl: Can't get rid of this one

1A Pikeville- Rivalry, Long Standing

2A Prestonsburg- Replace Lawrence County, play them early, renew rivalry

5A Johnson Central- See alot of rpomise for this series, would rather play them earlier in year (7th or 8th game) to reduce injury risk impact, but still late enough to pinpoint weaknesses prior to post-season.

I also don't see Belfry continuing a long term series with Shelby Valley until they establish themselves as a legitimate contender year-in year-out, thus leaving one more game. I really would liek tos ee Belfry play up in class against soemone, but your options are limited in terms of an economically feasible series without alot oft ravel disatnce. playing up options:

- 5A Ashland, as long as they agree to home and home.

- 5A Letcher Central, program is finally on the right track and Howard and Haywood have coached against each other for years

- 5A South Laurel- Cardinals generally field competitive team, travel disatnce is bit of issue, but it allows Belfry to afce a spread offense annually.

- 4A Bell County- To be honest, as long as JC is on the schedule they don't need this game, Johnson Central gives them the exact same challenge and lessons learned with far less travel.

Playing Down Options:
- 2A Wayne, WV- Perennial WV pwoerhouse, not too far to travel

- 2A Corbin- Always tough, well rounded teams that are fundamentally solid, travel si bit of an issue.

Belfry doesn't need to play another 1A team as long as Pikeville is on the shedule and they will see a 1A state powerhouse every other year in the Pike County Bowl.

I want to see Ironton, OH, Wayne, WV, or Prestonsburg for Belfry.. Wayne wouldn't be considered playing down because Belfry would only be 2A in WV... Actually I think Wayne has more enrollment than Belfry
I would like for Russell to drop BC,LC, SK and pick up JC and Belfry, I really dont like picking up Ironton, only unless all games were played at Putnam, since I doubt they would go for all games at Henry R Evans, not a big fan of playing in Ohio, their losses hurt them so bad with their playoff format, Ive seen alot of dirty stuff go on in southern ohio football games
mrfootball03 Wrote:I want to see Ironton, OH, Wayne, WV, or Prestonsburg for Belfry.. Wayne wouldn't be considered playing down because Belfry would only be 2A in WV... Actually I think Wayne has more enrollment than Belfry

WV is the same class as Ky, Its ohio that is diffrent
EkyLb Wrote:I would like for Russell to drop BC,LC, SK and pick up JC and Belfry, I really dont like picking up Ironton, only unless all games were played at Putnam, since I doubt they would go for all games at Henry R Evans, not a big fan of playing in Ohio, their losses hurt them so bad with their playoff format, Ive seen alot of dirty stuff go on in southern ohio football games

You are right and this is not bashing on the refs, But its hard for a team in Ky, Wv to play a team in ohio and win cause you have to play the refs and the team from ohio at the same time, when i use to coach for Fairview We played One of the Porthmouth teams from over the I think it was west, But anyways we was beating them at half time like 42-14 and we put in are second team witch at that time was as good as the frist team,well we wnd up getting beat 49-42 cause of all the flags that ended on every play, and coach Smith from russell was a coach there as well,
These are the games I would Like to see.

Shelby Valley / Pikeville
Belfry / Bell Co.