•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
Per the media. Tomorrow is the last day for the Administration to wrap up their investigation into the additional findings by the KHSAA and report it to them. Since the parent meeting when the announced Bonner as the coach. Nothing else has been said. It’s been quite. A lot of questions at the meeting but Campbell didn’t give any specifics due to it still being investigated. Opinions on what might happen?
(11-24-2022, 10:59 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Per the media. Tomorrow is the last day for the Administration to wrap up their investigation into the additional findings by the KHSAA and report it to them.  Since the parent meeting when the announced Bonner as the coach. Nothing else has been said. It’s been quite. A lot of questions at the meeting but Campbell didn’t give any specifics due to it still being investigated. Opinions on what might happen?
Guessing end game here is post season ban and recruits will have the opportunity to transfer and be immediately eligible at their district school.  They can also stay but not be able to play post season.
(11-24-2022, 11:40 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 10:59 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Per the media. Tomorrow is the last day for the Administration to wrap up their investigation into the additional findings by the KHSAA and report it to them.  Since the parent meeting when the announced Bonner as the coach. Nothing else has been said. It’s been quite. A lot of questions at the meeting but Campbell didn’t give any specifics due to it still being investigated. Opinions on what might happen?
Guessing end game here is post season ban and recruits will have the opportunity to transfer and be immediately eligible at their district school.  They can also stay but not be able to play post season.
I am not sure about a post season ban. I am just guessing based on what penalties the KHSAA gave to Bowling Green. Bowling Green provided improper benefits to a player...housing. They were even able to keep their state title they won with that player.
I could be wrong, like I said just a guess.
(11-25-2022, 08:54 AM)IAM22 Wrote:
I am not sure about a post season ban. I am just guessing based on what penalties the KHSAA gave to Bowling Green. Bowling Green provided improper benefits to a player...housing. They were even able to keep their state title they won with that player.
I agree. I don’t see a post season ban or a suspension of players. The KHSAA didn’t even recommend the coach to be fired, only suspended for a month. My guess is the KHSAA is finished with their decisions. Reviewing the Bowling Green situation and results as a guide, and to now ban Ashland for post season and also maybe ban some players during season would be equivalent to sentencing someone to a year in jail for a speeding ticket while previously fining someone else $10. I don’t think the KHSAA will do that, nor will Ashland.
(11-25-2022, 10:57 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
I agree. I don’t see a post season ban or a suspension of players. The KHSAA didn’t even recommend the coach to be fired, only suspended for a month. My guess is the KHSAA is finished with their decisions. Reviewing the Bowling Green situation and results as a guide, and to now ban Ashland for post season and also maybe ban some players during season would be equivalent to sentencing someone to a year in jail for a speeding ticket while previously fining someone else $10. I don’t think the KHSAA will do that, nor will Ashland.

I believe what they are looking at is recruits that otherwise would not have been there.  There is a huge difference in BG and Ashland situation.  BG boiled down to an inadvertent violation of residency.  The Ashland recruiting scandal appears to have recruits that will be playing in the future.  The main goal it sounds is to eliminate this competitive edge by the recruits playing.  The only way to do that is a post season ban or make them ineligible.  Leaving options open for the kids they could stay at Ashland but choose not to play in the post season or they could transfer out with post season ban.  That definitely sounds like the most logical.
(11-25-2022, 12:16 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

I believe what they are looking at is recruits that otherwise would not have been there.  There is a huge difference in BG and Ashland situation.  BG boiled down to an inadvertent violation of residency.  The Ashland recruiting scandal appears to have recruits that will be playing in the future.  The main goal it sounds is to eliminate this competitive edge by the recruits playing.  The only way to do that is a post season ban or make them ineligible.  Leaving options open for the kids they could stay at Ashland but choose not to play in the post season or they could transfer out with post season ban.  That definitely sounds like the most logical.
I don’t think that will happen. Ashland won’t go that route because it would be totally unfair. The coach is not coaching anymore, which I don’t agree with but it’s what it is. I wish they had taken the recommendation of the KHSAA and gone with a one month suspension for coach but they didn’t and that’s their prerogative. Or more accurately, the superintendent’s prerogative. 
 They’re not going to penalize kids for simply transferring. Just because someone transfers does not make them a “recruit” by association. They won’t make a decision just based on whether they ‘might’ have been recruited or they ‘could’ have been recruited, because most transfers are generated by parents and kids themselves. That doesn’t mean they were recruited. 

A few of you posters on here are a bit much. You’ve got your ounce of flesh. Mays is gone. He’s no longer in your way or a hindrance to you. But you fellows won’t let it go. You want to get a man down and then grind your heels into his body. He’s no longer coaching, his wife is battling cancer, and he has two kids that have grown to love the Ashland community and play sports for Ashland, and this is emotional and difficult times for them. But a few of you just keep going on and on. Now you want to “punish” the players and their fans I suppose. Get all the blood you can while you’re on a roll.  It’s really sad.
(11-25-2022, 01:44 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 11:40 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: Guessing end game here is post season ban and recruits will have the opportunity to transfer and be immediately eligible at their district school.  They can also stay but not be able to play post season.

I don’t think that will happen. Ashland won’t go that route because it would be totally unfair. The coach is not coaching anymore, which I don’t agree with but it’s what it is. I wish they had taken the recommendation of the KHSAA and gone with a one month suspension for coach but they didn’t and that’s their prerogative. Or more accurately, the superintendent’s prerogative. 
 They’re not going to penalize kids for simply transferring. Just because someone transfers does not make them a “recruit” by association. They won’t make a decision just based on whether they ‘might’ have been recruited or they ‘could’ have been recruited, because most transfers are generated by parents and kids themselves. That doesn’t mean they were recruited. 

A few of you posters on here are a bit much. You’ve got your ounce of flesh. Mays is gone. He’s no longer in your way or a hindrance to you. But you fellows won’t let it go. You want to get a man down and then grind your heels into his body. He’s no longer coaching, his wife is battling cancer, and he has two kids that have grown to love the Ashland community and play sports for Ashland, and this is emotional and difficult times for them. But a few of you just keep going on and on. Now you want to “punish” the players and their fans I suppose. Get all the blood you can while you’re on a roll.  It’s really sad.
You are talking about penalizing the kids on Ashland’s team?  By allowing the recruited kids to continue to play on this team you are penalizing every other kid in the region.  Those kids should be allowed to play, just no incentive to continue to play at Ashland, hence a post season ban.  I feel like that is where the KHSAA’s head is at.  I don’t think getting rid of the coach introduces fairness over the next few years, long term maybe.  Also, it may deter future coaches from doing the same thing.  The tape details the the recruiting scheme.  This doesn’t compare to any type of a crime, but it is against policy and creates an unfair advantage so unfortunately there had to be punishment to the leaders.  Now all that is left is eliminating the current advantage that still exists from the recruiting.
(11-24-2022, 11:40 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: Guessing end game here is post season ban and recruits will have the opportunity to transfer and be immediately eligible at their district school.  They can also stay but not be able to play post season.

Khsaa did not make a one month recommendation for suspension!! Where do you come up with such outlandish lies?  They only said the 4 game suspension wasn’t sufficient. Like your example of the speeding ticket. It’s just the other way around. This is way worse then the BG situation.  They were found guilty of one violation. Improper benefits due living with girls coach and splitting rent. 1 bylaw violation. Mays has multiple violation and multiple kids per the letter from the Khsaa. That coach quit on his own. This is a way bigger issue then that. Still other violations the khsaa uncovered during their investigation process. I hope the kids don’t get a post season ban. The parents at the meeting all agree to that but Campbell stated he doesn’t know for sure if that wouldn’t happen. The Administration has created this and I do feel their will be sanctions against the administration and team. No one is kicking Mays while his family is going through a tough time. He created this mess for years. It just caught up with him. The timing for his family is unfortunate but it is his own creating. Logically thinking. Firing Mays does nothing to sanctions against the program for his actions and the lack of action by the administration.  Mays could go somewhere else today and coach. No sanctions follow him as of today. Next week maybe different but now.
(11-25-2022, 02:09 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 08:54 AM)IAM22 Wrote: I am not sure about a post season ban. I am just guessing based on what penalties the KHSAA gave to Bowling Green. Bowling Green provided improper benefits to a player...housing. They were even able to keep their state title they won with that player.

Khsaa did not make a one month recommendation for suspension!! Where do you come up with such outlandish lies?  They only said the 4 game suspension wasn’t sufficient. Like your example of the speeding ticket. It’s just the other way around. This is way worse then the BG situation.  They were found guilty of one violation. Improper benefits due living with girls coach and splitting rent. 1 bylaw violation. Mays has multiple violation and multiple kids per the letter from the Khsaa. That coach quit on his own. This is a way bigger issue then that. Still other violations the khsaa uncovered during their investigation process. I hope the kids don’t get a post season ban. The parents at the meeting all agree to that but Campbell stated he doesn’t know for sure if that wouldn’t happen. The Administration has created this and I do feel their will be sanctions against the administration and team. No one is kicking Mays while his family is going through a tough time. He created this mess for years. It just caught up with him. The timing for his family is unfortunate but it is his own creating. Logically thinking. Firing Mays does nothing to sanctions against the program for his actions and the lack of action by the administration.  Mays could go somewhere else today and coach. No sanctions follow him as of today. Next week maybe different but now.
No lies, I’ll leave that up to you spin masters and your cohorts. You are partially correct, though. The KHSAA did say that the 4 game suspension was not enough. They suggested at least a month, which if that had been December would have been 13 games. That would have been enough in my opinion, but that’s just me.
And you say you hope the kids don’t t get a post season ban (which I’m pretty certain will not happen). If that’s  true then why do you and a few more on here keep constantly bringing it up. Is it wishful thinking?? 
 I think when the administration makes their decision they will be fair and let the firing be enough. It would be difficult to ban a group of kids or a team for assuming they were recruited. I can assume a lot of things but assumption and guilt by association doesn’t carry any weight when these kind of decisions are made. Clark County won the state tournament last March with seven transfers,  four of which played quite a lot of minutes. I can’t assume they were recruited to GRC. I would need proof. Therefore they’re basically only transfers. And legal. And congrats to the Cards! Hundreds of transfers occur all across the state every year and it will
continue in the future. And you can bet the family farm that everyone of them at some point in time speak to the coach or coaches, or principal, to where they are wanting to transfer. Talented athletes just don’t suddenly show up on the door steps of schools to enroll without parents or guardians talking to whoever will be coaching their sons or daughters. I know if I had a kid transferring I would definitely want to know what kind of programs they have from summer through fall and into the season, what kind of offenses and defensive they run, and I would want to hear it from the horses mouth…the head coach. And you guys can turn your head and ignore it all you want but there’s plenty of schools in the 16th and elsewhere that have benefited from transfers, and very few of them can honestly say, “Wow, talk about luck. This 6’6 power forward just enrolled this morning…” Lol.
(11-25-2022, 02:52 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 10:57 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I agree. I don’t see a post season ban or a suspension of players. The KHSAA didn’t even recommend the coach to be fired, only suspended for a month. My guess is the KHSAA is finished with their decisions. Reviewing the Bowling Green situation and results as a guide, and to now ban Ashland for post season and also maybe ban some players during season would be equivalent to sentencing someone to a year in jail for a speeding ticket while previously fining someone else $10. I don’t think the KHSAA will do that, nor will Ashland.

No lies, I’ll leave that up to you spin masters and your cohorts. You are partially correct, though. The KHSAA did say that the 4 game suspension was not enough. They suggested at least a month, which if that had been December would have been 13 games. That would have been enough in my opinion, but that’s just me.
And you say you hope the kids don’t t get a post season ban (which I’m pretty certain will not happen). If that’s  true then why do you and a few more on here keep constantly bringing it up. Is it wishful thinking?? 
 I think when the administration makes their decision they will be fair and let the firing be enough. It would be difficult to ban a group of kids or a team for assuming they were recruited. I can assume a lot of things but assumption and guilt by association doesn’t carry any weight when these kind of decisions are made. Clark County won the state tournament last March with seven transfers,  four of which played quite a lot of minutes. I can’t assume they were recruited to GRC. I would need proof. Therefore they’re basically only transfers. And legal. And congrats to the Cards! Hundreds of transfers occur all across the state every year and it will
continue in the future. And you can bet the family farm that everyone of them at some point in time speak to the coach or coaches, or principal, to where they are wanting to transfer. Talented athletes just don’t suddenly show up on the door steps of schools to enroll without parents or guardians talking to whoever will be coaching their sons or daughters. I know if I had a kid transferring I would definitely want to know what kind of programs they have from summer through fall and into the season, what kind of offenses and defensive they run, and I would want to hear it from the horses mouth…the head coach. And you guys can turn your head and ignore it all you want but there’s plenty of schools in the 16th and elsewhere that have benefited from transfers, and very few of them can honestly say, “Wow, talk about luck. This 6’6 power forward just enrolled this morning…” Lol.
Khsaa did not make any recommendations of any suspension. Where are you getting that??  10 of 14 kids that currently occupy roster spots are not homegrown ashland kids. We know this. Just finished watching D&D sports network to watch the scrimmage again against BL. If you watch the end of that interview. GC kid talking about the Bath and Boyd kids. It’s sad really. Again the audio spells out a lot of insight about the Recruitment of kids. No I do not think all 10 are recruited. But we definitely know 3 we’re for sure per the audio with attempts to recruit others with money and other benefits. You really only help to prove this point by saying we had a 6’8 kid from midland show up and leave the day after we got beat in the state tournament. The very next season we get a 6’10 kid from Bath. Lol so lucky they just showed up!!
(11-25-2022, 03:09 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 12:16 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: I believe what they are looking at is recruits that otherwise would not have been there.  There is a huge difference in BG and Ashland situation.  BG boiled down to an inadvertent violation of residency.  The Ashland recruiting scandal appears to have recruits that will be playing in the future.  The main goal it sounds is to eliminate this competitive edge by the recruits playing.  The only way to do that is a post season ban or make them ineligible.  Leaving options open for the kids they could stay at Ashland but choose not to play in the post season or they could transfer out with post season ban.  That definitely sounds like the most logical.

Khsaa did not make any recommendations of any suspension. Where are you getting that??  10 of 14 kids that currently occupy roster spots are not homegrown ashland kids. We know this. Just finished watching D&D sports network to watch the scrimmage again against BL. If you watch the end of that interview. GC kid talking about the Bath and Boyd kids. It’s sad really. Again the audio spells out a lot of insight about the Recruitment of kids. No I do not think all 10 are recruited. But we definitely know 3 we’re for sure per the audio with attempts to recruit others with money and other benefits. You really only help to prove this point by saying we had a 6’8 kid from midland show up and leave the day after we got beat in the state tournament. The very next season we get a 6’10 kid from Bath. Lol so lucky they just showed up!!
You keep mentioning their “10-14 kids” distortion, basically lie.  Mays in all his varsity coaching at Ashland had 4 transfers that played varsity basketball and only 3 of them played meaningful minutes: Porter, Carter, Marcum. That’s it. You can’t go down to the lower grades and use numbers to enhance your lame arguments as if those grade schoolers are transfers for sports. Non high school kids are moved around all the time by parents, especially in an area like Boyd and surrounding counties that have so many school districts in close proximity. You’ve got more spin that the Zag’s Timme with his post moves, lol.
(11-25-2022, 04:03 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 01:44 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I don’t think that will happen. Ashland won’t go that route because it would be totally unfair. The coach is not coaching anymore, which I don’t agree with but it’s what it is. I wish they had taken the recommendation of the KHSAA and gone with a one month suspension for coach but they didn’t and that’s their prerogative. Or more accurately, the superintendent’s prerogative. 

You keep mentioning their “10-14 kids” distortion, basically lie.  Mays in all his varsity coaching at Ashland had 4 transfers that played varsity basketball and only 3 of them played meaningful minutes: Porter, Carter, Marcum. That’s it. You can’t go down to the lower grades and use numbers to enhance your lame arguments as if those grade schoolers are transfers for sports. Non high school kids are moved around all the time by parents, especially in an area like Boyd and surrounding counties that have so many school districts in close proximity. You’ve got more spin that the Zag’s Timme with his post moves, lol.
You can’t see the forrest for all the trees. Just look at the current roster. Geez facts over fiction. Listen to audio. He gets them in the middle school per the audio. Or he gets already made seniors. Ya know how well he develops.  Bless your heart. Just you gonna make up stuff and believe what ya want.
(11-25-2022, 01:44 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I don’t think that will happen. Ashland won’t go that route because it would be totally unfair. The coach is not coaching anymore, which I don’t agree with but it’s what it is. I wish they had taken the recommendation of the KHSAA and gone with a one month suspension for coach but they didn’t and that’s their prerogative. Or more accurately, the superintendent’s prerogative. 

It doesn’t matter the grade.  You can not recruit.  That is a tremendous unfair advantage if you do.
(11-25-2022, 05:00 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 02:09 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Khsaa did not make a one month recommendation for suspension!! Where do you come up with such outlandish lies?  They only said the 4 game suspension wasn’t sufficient. Like your example of the speeding ticket. It’s just the other way around. This is way worse then the BG situation.  They were found guilty of one violation. Improper benefits due living with girls coach and splitting rent. 1 bylaw violation. Mays has multiple violation and multiple kids per the letter from the Khsaa. That coach quit on his own. This is a way bigger issue then that. Still other violations the khsaa uncovered during their investigation process. I hope the kids don’t get a post season ban. The parents at the meeting all agree to that but Campbell stated he doesn’t know for sure if that wouldn’t happen. The Administration has created this and I do feel their will be sanctions against the administration and team. No one is kicking Mays while his family is going through a tough time. He created this mess for years. It just caught up with him. The timing for his family is unfortunate but it is his own creating. Logically thinking. Firing Mays does nothing to sanctions against the program for his actions and the lack of action by the administration.  Mays could go somewhere else today and coach. No sanctions follow him as of today. Next week maybe different but now.
It doesn’t matter the grade.  You can not recruit.  That is a tremendous unfair advantage if you do.
Yes you are correct per Bylaw 16
(11-25-2022, 07:32 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Yes you are correct per Bylaw 16

You have a passion for continuing to point out Ashland’s violations…almost as if you want their boys basketball team to be banned from the postseason.  I figured it would be enough for you that Mays is gone.  Having a kid on the team, you’d think you would be hoping for no more punishment.  Strange.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(11-25-2022, 08:35 PM)16thregioner Wrote:

You have a passion for continuing to point out Ashland’s violations…almost as if you want their boys basketball team to be banned from the postseason.  I figured it would be enough for you that Mays is gone.  Having a kid on the team, you’d think you would be hoping for no more punishment.  Strange.

Nobody is out to get Ashland.  Ashland’s basketball program violated recruiting rules.  When you violate the rules there is punishment.  Parents from other schools want fairness for their kid.  Benefiting from violating these rules, aka being successful by continuing to play the recruits that were brought in, would not be fair to any other kid in the district, region, or state.
I feel like, if the Ashland administration went as far as to fire Mays, after proposing a 4 game suspension.....they gotta know a big punishment is coming.
(11-25-2022, 11:14 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: Nobody is out to get Ashland.  Ashland’s basketball program violated recruiting rules.  When you violate the rules there is punishment.  Parents from other schools want fairness for their kid.  Benefiting from violating these rules, aka being successful by continuing to play the recruits that were brought in, would not be fair to any other kid in the district, region, or state.

I don’t find it odd at all that anyone from other 16th region schools would be hoping for the death penalty for Ashland boys basketball.  

I just find it odd that 16thregionballer, being a parent of a player on the team, would be hoping the KHSAA drops the hammer on his son’s program and teammates.
(11-26-2022, 12:44 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 11:14 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: Nobody is out to get Ashland.  Ashland’s basketball program violated recruiting rules.  When you violate the rules there is punishment.  Parents from other schools want fairness for their kid.  Benefiting from violating these rules, aka being successful by continuing to play the recruits that were brought in, would not be fair to any other kid in the district, region, or state.

I don’t find it odd at all that anyone from other 16th region schools would be hoping for the death penalty for Ashland boys basketball.  

I just find it odd that 16thregionballer, being a parent of a player on the team, would be hoping the KHSAA drops the hammer on his son’s program and teammates.
If you read my posts instead of making up your own agenda. I clearly stated I don’t want a post season ban for the kids. I find it odd you continue make up things. You might want to read again. I truly think the administration should be penalized regioner.   Not the kids. The kids done nothing wrong. Especially the homegrown kids. I do expect fines and restitution. In addition to training at khsaa. I find it odd that an adult like you would stand up for a guy like Mays and the Administration that assist him with his recruitment. But like you have always said. Your ok with breaking the bylaws/rules.

The firing of Mays was not a punishment in my opinion. That was a must. Believe me he was replaced in the same day. High school basketball coach isn’t a hard position to feel. My concern has been what is the khsaa going to do. I have repeatedly said I hope they do not ban for post season. You are a spin master. I just and have always wanted the facts. It’s hard for yourself to do that. Look is incapable as well. Literally just make up random stuff.  SMH
(11-26-2022, 01:16 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:

If you read my posts instead of making up your own agenda. I clearly stated I don’t want a post season ban for the kids. I find it odd you continue make up things. You might want to read again. I truly think the administration should be penalized regioner.   Not the kids. The kids done nothing wrong. Especially the homegrown kids. I do expect fines and restitution. In addition to training at khsaa. I find it odd that an adult like you would stand up for a guy like Mays and the Administration that assist him with his recruitment. But like you have always said. Your ok with breaking the bylaws/rules.

The firing of Mays was not a punishment in my opinion. That was a must. Believe me he was replaced in the same day. High school basketball coach isn’t a hard position to feel. My concern has been what is the khsaa going to do. I have repeatedly said I hope they do not ban for post season. You are a spin master. I just and have always wanted the facts. It’s hard for yourself to do that. Look is incapable as well. Literally just make up random stuff.  SMH

If you don’t do the post season ban then the only other option is to just make the recruits ineligible and allow them to transfer back to their district school and be immediately eligible.  I guess they could also go out of state and play as well.  It’s nothing personal against Ashland, not “out to get” Ashland, but again it has to be done so the Ashland program doesn’t benefit from these illicit recruiting activities from the past.
(11-26-2022, 01:38 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:

If you don’t do the post season ban then the only other option is to just make the recruits ineligible and allow them to transfer back to their district school and be immediately eligible.  I guess they could also go out of state and play as well.  It’s nothing personal against Ashland, not “out to get” Ashland, but again it has to be done so the Ashland program doesn’t benefit from these illicit recruiting activities from the past.
If khsaa deems these kids on the audio are ineligible. That may save a ban. That’s really been my talking point. What the khsaa may hand down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregionballer's post:
  • SocratesKy

The firing of Mays was not a punishment in my opinion. That was a must. Believe me he was replaced in the same day. High school basketball coach isn’t a hard position to fill. My concern has been what is the khsaa going to do. I have repeatedly said I hope they do not ban for post season. You are a spin master. I just and have always wanted the facts. It’s hard for yourself to do that. Look is incapable as well. Literally just make up random stuff.  SMH
I’m in agreement with 16thregioner.
In my opinion there’s more to ballers agenda and desires than what he is portraying in his replies. And I think 16thregioner hit a Big Ole Nerve with his post and it struck home. There has to be some underlying motivation to keep constantly bringing up the postseason ban and for players be allowed to move back to schools, etc. when you’re supposedly an Ashland fan, but then adding that you hope it doesn’t happen. Well then if you hope that it doesn’t then stop posting it over and over. Or could it be that it would give more PT to family members or friends if a few kids were no longer around?? Makes one think, doesn’t it.
(11-26-2022, 12:53 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I’m in agreement with 16thregioner.
In my opinion there’s more to ballers agenda and desires than what he is portraying in his replies. And I think 16thregioner hit a Big Ole Nerve  with his post and it struck home. There has to be some underlying motivation to keep constantly bringing up the  postseason ban and for players be allowed to move back to schools, etc. when you’re supposedly an Ashland fan, but then adding that you hope it doesn’t happen. Well then if you hope that it doesn’t then stop posting it over and over. Or could it be that it would give more PT to family members or friends if a few kids were no longer around??  Makes one think, doesn’t it.
Yes. The agenda. I’ll make it plain and simple for the people in the back. Anyone who helped Jason Mays cheat needs to be held accountable.  It’s that simple. No place for that type of behavior in their positions. It comes down to Mays and Campbell. Not the kids. Now as far as your agenda. You have upheld and condone a mays and Campbell’s behavior has a serious moral problem. You and regioner have repeatedly taken up for the action of cheating/recruitment. It’s simply pathetic and disgusting to read. If you were at the parent meeting you’d both know that parents who feel as if he should been fired back in summer from coaching. That was said to Campbell as well as to the transfer parents who up hold his cheating (vested interest). I hope that spells it out for you so can twist that anyway you want. Believe me their are some football players that play basketball who were not going to play for mays. Are now playing. It is a house divided for sure. Transfers vs homegrown. You would know this if you were around the program. Bonner will have a tough job managing the transfer parents due to promises being made by Mays to kids he RECRUITED.
(11-26-2022, 01:25 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Yes. The agenda. I’ll make it plain and simple for the people in the back. Anyone who helped Jason Mays cheat needs to be held accountable.  It’s that simple. No place for that type of behavior in their positions. It comes down to Mays and Campbell. Not the kids. Now as far as your agenda. You have upheld and condone a mays and Campbell’s behavior has a serious moral problem. You and regioner have repeatedly taken up for the action of cheating/recruitment. It’s simply pathetic and disgusting to read. If you were at the parent meeting you’d both know that parents who feel as if he should been fired back in summer from coaching. That was said to Campbell as well as to the transfer parents who up hold his cheating (vested interest). I hope that spells it out for you so can twist that anyway you want. Believe me their are some football players that play basketball who were not going to play for mays. Are now playing. It is a house divided for sure. Transfers vs homegrown. You would know this if you were around the program. Bonner will have a tough job managing the transfer parents due to promises being made by Mays to kids he RECRUITED 

Did you enjoy watching Jason Mays win the region in 2019 with all homegrown Ashland players?  I bet you were beside yourself watching a 15-year-old Cole Villers drop 21 on Boyd in the finals on 5-for-6 3-point shooting.  He showed how a big time young homegrown Tomcat steps up in big time games, didn’t he?  Heck, the Tomcats were done with Boyd at that point.  The Lions would never beat a Jason Mays-coached Ashland team again.

How about when Colin Porter joined the team the following year?  The guy was the best player ever in the 16th region.  Any true roundball fan had to enjoy his brilliance at the point guard position, especially you being the parent of a Tomcat.  Jason Mays took him along with 4 other homegrown Tomcats and went undefeated.  Won them all.  Ended up with Sports Illustrated interviewing them.  Unbelievable.  As a diehard Ashland fan, you had to be happy, right?

Have you been pleased with the opportunity your son has been given to practice with these legitimate big time players day in and day out?  If basketball is your boy’s dream, he’s gotten to see greatness up close and gotten to see the work it actually takes to be good at the sport.  Any true Tomcat had to be pleased.

Were you happy with the program at that point?  Is it only when Carter showed up that you started getting upset or were you upset when Porter showed up?
(11-26-2022, 02:13 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 01:25 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Yes. The agenda. I’ll make it plain and simple for the people in the back. Anyone who helped Jason Mays cheat needs to be held accountable.  It’s that simple. No place for that type of behavior in their positions. It comes down to Mays and Campbell. Not the kids. Now as far as your agenda. You have upheld and condone a mays and Campbell’s behavior has a serious moral problem. You and regioner have repeatedly taken up for the action of cheating/recruitment. It’s simply pathetic and disgusting to read. If you were at the parent meeting you’d both know that parents who feel as if he should been fired back in summer from coaching. That was said to Campbell as well as to the transfer parents who up hold his cheating (vested interest). I hope that spells it out for you so can twist that anyway you want. Believe me their are some football players that play basketball who were not going to play for mays. Are now playing. It is a house divided for sure. Transfers vs homegrown. You would know this if you were around the program. Bonner will have a tough job managing the transfer parents due to promises being made by Mays to kids he RECRUITED 

Did you enjoy watching Jason Mays win the region in 2019 with all homegrown Ashland players?  I bet you were beside yourself watching a 15-year-old Cole Villers drop 21 on Boyd in the finals on 5-for-6 3-point shooting.  He showed how a big time young homegrown Tomcat steps up in big time games, didn’t he?  Heck, the Tomcats were done with Boyd at that point.  The Lions would never beat a Jason Mays-coached Ashland team again.

How about when Colin Porter joined the team the following year?  The guy was the best player ever in the 16th region.  Any true roundball fan had to enjoy his brilliance at the point guard position, especially you being the parent of a Tomcat.  Jason Mays took him along with 4 other homegrown Tomcats and went undefeated.  Won them all.  Ended up with Sports Illustrated interviewing them.  Unbelievable.  As a diehard Ashland fan, you had to be happy, right?

Have you been pleased with the opportunity your son has been given to practice with these legitimate big time players day in and day out?  If basketball is your boy’s dream, he’s gotten to see greatness up close and gotten to see the work it actually takes to be good at the sport.  Any true Tomcat had to be pleased.

Were you happy with the program at that point?  Is it only when Carter showed up that you started getting upset or were you upset when Porter showed up?
I think you mean all the recruits. Not one or another but we have 10 currently on the roster. If you think Mays is greatness then you have no clue about basketball. Porter is not the best player to come out of Ashland. Nevertheless the region. That would be another thread I think worth starting. Probably the best conversation piece to talk about you have mentioned. I know you love Mays and recruiting. Sorry your upset but your off your rocker now. I’m sure you are happy the khsaa had to step in to clean up this mess. Right? Doing the right thing! If you value winning at all cost then you seriously need to do some self reflection. This is high school basketball bub! Go Cats!

(11-26-2022, 02:13 PM)16thregioner Wrote:

And I’d you want to be technical Cole is from Ironton. You’d know that if you were a Tomcat
There is so much to respond to in your inane ramblings that I give up. Mercy.

I just hope Jason Mays’ camera crew has stuck around to capture the behind the scenes action of the upcoming Tomcat season. If so, you are sure to be a star.
(11-26-2022, 03:35 PM)16thregioner Wrote: There is so much to respond to in your inane ramblings that I give up.  Mercy.

I just hope Jason Mays’ camera crew has stuck around to capture the behind the scenes action of the upcoming Tomcat season.  If so, you are sure to be a star.
I’d love for his camera crew to do a story on this. That would be great. Let him actually make a statement publicly. You were wrong about his connections helping him get out of it.  I give you credit. Take a page out of Mays book. Rules don’t apply. Lol. I guess we will see what the aftermath will be of Mays recruiting scandal. Again I hope the kids don’t pay for his stupidity. We will see This week what the KHSAA has found and hit us with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregionballer's post:
  • 16thregioner
(11-25-2022, 05:00 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 02:09 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Khsaa did not make a one month recommendation for suspension!! Where do you come up with such outlandish lies?  They only said the 4 game suspension wasn’t sufficient. Like your example of the speeding ticket. It’s just the other way around. This is way worse then the BG situation.  They were found guilty of one violation. Improper benefits due living with girls coach and splitting rent. 1 bylaw violation. Mays has multiple violation and multiple kids per the letter from the Khsaa. That coach quit on his own. This is a way bigger issue then that. Still other violations the khsaa uncovered during their investigation process. I hope the kids don’t get a post season ban. The parents at the meeting all agree to that but Campbell stated he doesn’t know for sure if that wouldn’t happen. The Administration has created this and I do feel their will be sanctions against the administration and team. No one is kicking Mays while his family is going through a tough time. He created this mess for years. It just caught up with him. The timing for his family is unfortunate but it is his own creating. Logically thinking. Firing Mays does nothing to sanctions against the program for his actions and the lack of action by the administration.  Mays could go somewhere else today and coach. No sanctions follow him as of today. Next week maybe different but now.

(11-26-2022, 03:45 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 03:35 PM)16thregioner Wrote: There is so much to respond to in your inane ramblings that I give up.  Mercy.

I just hope Jason Mays’ camera crew has stuck around to capture the behind the scenes action of the upcoming Tomcat season.  If so, you are sure to be a star.
I’d love for his camera crew to do a story on this. That would be great. Let him actually make a statement publicly. You were wrong about his connections helping him get out of it.  I give you credit. Take a page out of Mays book. Rules don’t apply. Lol. I guess we will see what the aftermath will be of Mays recruiting scandal. Again I hope the kids don’t pay for his stupidity. We will see This week what the KHSAA has found and hit us with.
I still can’t get over the ludicrous comments you made several pages back that Jason Mays “really isn’t a good coach, he’s only a good recruiter, and can’t develop players.” That’s insane. As 16regioner said, he won the region and one game at state his first season with the team he inherited. And his undefeated team the next season was all home kids except Porter. But regardless, a coach doesn’t go undefeated at 33-0 without knowing how to coach. He is one of the top tier coaches in the state. He outworks most other coaches 3-1, lives and breathes basketball. And yes, he does have connections services that recruit college kids because he knows them and became familiar as a college coach. And there’s nothing illegal about that. To my knowledge he has 7 former players on college teams. My guess is they are very appreciative of Jason. He’s been to watch Sellars and Porter in college games this season and maybe some of the others. He doesn’t forget his players. They are like family everywhere he has coached. If Jason was all about win at all cost, like you accused, then why did he call Porter into his office and convince him to skip his senior year at Ashland and go on to Liberty University, that he was ready. Porter was reluctant but decided to do it. Jason was thinking about the young man and what was best for him.
You have a personal hate for Mays and you let that hatred guide your fingers when you type up these vicious comments about a good man. I’m not saying he didn’t talk to parents, but I guarantee he never initiated the first call or contact with any of them. Possible transfers are almost always generated by the ones considering it, not coaches or schools.
If one listen to your hate-filled ramblings on this site they would think most of his players the last 4 years have been transfers. Not even close. His teams have been overwhelmingly Ashland kids. As I have mentioned several times, 4 transfers have played for him over his 4 year span, and as far as playing time only 3 have actually played. That is not earthshaking news. That’s not even the norm at most schools, including others right in the 16th region and other regions. I don’t know how sincere you are about not wanting the kids penalized but it sure doesn’t seem that way because you won’t stop talking about it. And they aren’t going to be penalized. The school won’t do that. They have gone beyond what the KHSAA expected anyway, which was a 1 month (13 games) coaching suspension. Im sure the school administrators feel that the firing will suffice and consider this a closed case whenever they meet this week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • 16thregioner
(11-26-2022, 03:45 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

The kids won’t have to pay at all.  They will still play ball this year, just not at Ashland - the only feasible option.  If you consider paying for his stupidity solely by not competing for a district or regional championship at Ashland (a team assembled through cheating) then there is no pity by anyone outside of Ashland homers for the adults, administration, or even the kids who should be taught not to cheat or see this behavior rewarded.
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next