• 21(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(11-30-2022, 04:49 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 02:13 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 11:07 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.
Not at Ashland, A question was asked why a politician from Elliott County would get involved with this.  Mr Howard didn’t say a word and the speaker re worded it and ask if Mr Howard had made the decision to fire Coach.  Mr Howard immediately said that the building principal Mr Campbell made the decision to fire the coach.  According to Mr Howard the khsaa and himself didn’t have anything to do with the firing of Coach.
Incorrect. Only the superintendent can fire any position. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent hires them and fires them. The buck stops with the superintendent.

(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:01 AM)KYHSFB Wrote: So they’re saying the KHSAA didn’t accept their original punishment and they fired Mays in response to that.. and people still want more?

Here’s what I think would be fitting:
-Big Fine
-Probation and the same stuff the KHSAA did to Bowling Green with the trainings and stuff.
The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.
Haha LOOK you are consistent for sure. I don’t think you been right once in this thread. The principal makes the decision. However, Mays really made it for them doing all the crap he has done that is now coming out. Mays got himself relieved of duty for breaking multiple bylaws in addition to KRS. You seem cut from the same cloth as the woman who says who care he cheated. We got to win to bring in revenue. SMH.
Well, one day from the start of the season. I guess silence means the KHSAA was satisfied with the punishment Ashland doled out, firing Mays. Or will you all be hoping for some future action negating wins after the season starts and finishes? Guess it depends on whether or not the Tomcats win the region.
(11-30-2022, 05:17 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 11:07 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
Not at Ashland, A question was asked why a politician from Elliott County would get involved with this.  Mr Howard didn’t say a word and the speaker re worded it and ask if Mr Howard had made the decision to fire Coach.  Mr Howard immediately said that the building principal Mr Campbell made the decision to fire the coach.  According to Mr Howard the khsaa and himself didn’t have anything to do with the firing of Coach.
Incorrect. Only the superintendent can fire any position. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent hires them and fires them. The buck stops with the superintendent.

(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:01 AM)KYHSFB Wrote: So they’re saying the KHSAA didn’t accept their original punishment and they fired Mays in response to that.. and people still want more?

Here’s what I think would be fitting:
-Big Fine
-Probation and the same stuff the KHSAA did to Bowling Green with the trainings and stuff.
The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Haha LOOK you are consistent for sure. I don’t think you been right once in this thread. The principal makes the decision. However, Mays really made it for them doing all the crap he has done that is now coming out. Mays got himself relieved of duty for breaking multiple bylaws in addition to KRS. You seem cut from the same cloth as the woman who says who care he cheated. We got to win to bring in revenue. SMH.
I got my information from a superintendent. I’ll give a direct quote of what he told me:

”Only the superintendent can fire any positions. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent is the only person who can hire them and fire them.”
(12-01-2022, 11:42 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Well, one day from the start of the season.  I guess silence means the KHSAA was satisfied with the punishment Ashland doled out, firing Mays.  Or will you all be hoping for some future action negating wins after the season starts and finishes?  Guess it depends on whether or not the Tomcats win the region.
Administration at the emergency meeting stated they are not finished with investigation. Did you read the Fb comments of ashland parents who kids play or played at Ashland. An actual dog in the fight. I’d suggest that you do! Then you might. See the other side.  The actual kids that are from Ashland Homegrown Tomcats. Getting kids moved in for months and when the season is over. They move back and graduated from the school he came from. The day after the loss at rupp. Until then your opinion is mute!

(12-01-2022, 12:31 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 11:07 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.

(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
I got my information from a superintendent. I’ll give a direct quote of what he told me:

”Only the superintendent can fire any positions. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent is the only person who can hire them and fire them.”
I guess that’s why Howard said Campbell is the principal and made the call when asked. Makes sense you have a random superintendent that told you that. If you don’t know who Howard is. He is the Superintendent and Campbell is the principal just so you get the dynamic correct. Again, Howard said it was Campbell’s call due to Mays cheating and ruining kids opportunities by bringing kids from different county’s and states
(12-01-2022, 01:14 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 11:42 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Well, one day from the start of the season.  I guess silence means the KHSAA was satisfied with the punishment Ashland doled out, firing Mays.  Or will you all be hoping for some future action negating wins after the season starts and finishes?  Guess it depends on whether or not the Tomcats win the region.
Administration at the emergency meeting stated they are not finished with investigation. Did you read the Fb comments of ashland parents who kids play or played at Ashland. An actual dog in the fight. I’d suggest that you do! Then you might. See the other side.  The actual kids that are from Ashland Homegrown Tomcats. Getting kids moved in for months and when the season is over. They move back and graduated from the school he came from. The day after the loss at rupp. Until then your opinion is mute!

(11-30-2022, 02:13 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Not at Ashland, A question was asked why a politician from Elliott County would get involved with this.  Mr Howard didn’t say a word and the speaker re worded it and ask if Mr Howard had made the decision to fire Coach.  Mr Howard immediately said that the building principal Mr Campbell made the decision to fire the coach.  According to Mr Howard the khsaa and himself didn’t have anything to do with the firing of Coach.

(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.

I guess that’s why Howard said Campbell is the principal and made the call when asked. Makes sense you have a random superintendent that told you that. If you don’t know who Howard is. He is the Superintendent and Campbell is the principal just so you get the dynamic correct. Again, Howard said it was Campbell’s call due to Mays cheating and ruining kids opportunities by bringing kids from different county’s and states
Campbell might have okayed it but the superintendent has to be the one who officially does it. No one is saying he didn’t discuss it with the principal beforehand.
(12-01-2022, 01:48 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:14 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

(11-30-2022, 04:49 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Incorrect. Only the superintendent can fire any position. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent hires them and fires them. The buck stops with the superintendent.

Campbell might have okayed it but the superintendent has to be the one who officially does it. No one is saying he didn’t discuss it with the principal beforehand.
I just wish they would get it over with. You have these clown like salyers and suttles saying the dumbest things possible out loud.  I will say this. I know there is people that think like them. I seen it. Cheat and who cares. We want the wins and the money. I know for a fact the majority doesn’t feel or echo those same feelings
The majority of Ashland people I talk to aren’t Mays fans or fans of what he did, they just aren’t vocal publicly- but those who are fans of him are vocal and buy into his stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KYHSFB's post:
  • 16thregionballer
What is the record for most pages for a thread on BGR?
(11-25-2022, 05:00 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: It doesn’t matter the grade.  You can not recruit.  That is a tremendous unfair advantage if you do.

You obviously can recruit if your a parent, KHSAA just approved open season on that.
(12-01-2022, 08:44 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 05:00 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: It doesn’t matter the grade.  You can not recruit.  That is a tremendous unfair advantage if you do.

You obviously can recruit if your a parent, KHSAA just approved open season on that.
Mays uses players and parents. It’s on the audio. Aau connections. Boosters who don’t care he does as long as mays wins.
(12-02-2022, 12:57 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: Mays uses players and parents. It’s on the audio. Aau connections. Boosters who don’t care he does as long as mays wins.

Your vilification of Mays is jumping the shark at this point.  Since your son didn't get playing time while Mays was at Ashland, I doubt the actions of Jason Mays cost him any possible athletic college scholarship.  Mays is gone from Ashland.  He's been fired.  The Jason Mays era was fun to watch while it lasted, but it is OVER.

Of course parents from schools try to entice other good players from other schools to come play with their kids.  Players from schools do the same thing, particularly through social media.  If you're not aware of this world, perhaps your son isn't good.  That's how it works at EVERY school.  To think otherwise is naive.

Mays messed up.  He underestimated the hatred that Boyd County has for Ashland.  He should have realized that every one of those times he beat Boyd County, particularly when he beat them in embarrassing fashion, it was like sizzling arrows through the souls of those parents with Lion pride.  Who would have thought anyone would go to the lengths they did to take Mays and Ashland down?  But they did.

Heck, it looks like the Lions even managed to get the senior who the recording parent thought shouldn't be playing to quit their team.  It's an all out victory for that parent at Boyd.

The Lions have won the battle.  Time will tell if they will win the war.  Hopefully Bonner plays your son and you can feel good this season.  The circus starts tonight at James A. Anderson gymnasium.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(12-02-2022, 09:23 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 12:57 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: Mays uses players and parents. It’s on the audio. Aau connections. Boosters who don’t care he does as long as mays wins.

Your vilification of Mays is jumping the shark at this point.  Since your son didn't get playing time while Mays was at Ashland, I doubt the actions of Jason Mays cost him any possible athletic college scholarship.  Mays is gone from Ashland.  He's been fired.  The Jason Mays era was fun to watch while it lasted, but it is OVER.

Of course parents from schools try to entice other good players from other schools to come play with their kids.  Players from schools do the same thing, particularly through social media.  If you're not aware of this world, perhaps your son isn't good.  That's how it works at EVERY school.  To think otherwise is naive.

Mays messed up.  He underestimated the hatred that Boyd County has for Ashland.  He should have realized that every one of those times he beat Boyd County, particularly when he beat them in embarrassing fashion, it was like sizzling arrows through the souls of those parents with Lion pride.  Who would have thought anyone would go to the lengths they did to take Mays and Ashland down?  But they did.

Heck, it looks like the Lions even managed to get the senior who the recording parent thought shouldn't be playing to quit their team.  It's an all out victory for that parent at Boyd.

The Lions have won the battle.  Time will tell if they will win the war.  Hopefully Bonner plays your son and you can feel good this season.  The circus starts tonight at James A. Anderson gymnasium.
You and Mays thought process are the problem. You’re absolutely have a chemical imbalance in your brain if you think everyone does what Mays was doing. Do you really think it was just my son he screwed over?  Absolutely not. This is why I told you and Jones drinking followers read the comments with kids in the program. See how they felt about Mays bringing kids in every year and starting them when they didn’t deserve it. It didn’t matter how well they played he would start them do to promising them if they came they would start. It doesn’t matter how good you are when a POS makes those kinds of deals with parents. You’re naive and don’t have a clue. Parents of homegrown tomcats didn’t like it. What could you do. Campbell assisted him in getting these kids eligible because he is the one responsible. Knowingly these kids parents rented houses and never sold their house in WV Greenup county and BC.  Mays ruined High School basketball for kids in Ashland. Regioner no one likes a cheater. I don’t care what school is doing it. This is why we have the bylaws. For arrogant coach who created a culture of cheaters. I can say this. Suttles and salyers are the few. Ashland community do not feel as they do. Cheat to win. Who cares. We need the money. I’d be embarrassed to get in front of a school board and say that out loud. That is what you are defending. It is pathetic
(12-02-2022, 11:38 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:

You and Mays thought process are the problem. You’re absolutely have a chemical imbalance in your brain if you think everyone does what Mays was doing. Do you really think it was just my son he screwed over?  Absolutely not. This is why I told you and Jones drinking followers read the comments with kids in the program. See how they felt about Mays bringing kids in every year and starting them when they didn’t deserve it. It didn’t matter how well they played he would start them do to promising them if they came they would start. It doesn’t matter how good you are when a POS makes those kinds of deals with parents. You’re naive and don’t have a clue. Parents of homegrown tomcats didn’t like it. What could you do. Campbell assisted him in getting these kids eligible because he is the one responsible. Knowingly these kids parents rented houses and never sold their house in WV Greenup county and BC.  Mays ruined High School basketball for kids in Ashland. Regioner no one likes a cheater. I don’t care what school is doing it. This is why we have the bylaws. For arrogant coach who created a culture of cheaters. I can say this. Suttles and salyers are the few. Ashland community do not feel as they do. Cheat to win. Who cares. We need the money. I’d be embarrassed to get in front of a school board and say that out loud. That is what you are defending. It is pathetic
Baller, you are so wrong about Mays it’s pathetic. You’re trying to paint him as a coach that sit in his office with a list of players or parents to call and ask them would they consider transferring to Ashland. He did not do that. The only thing he did wrong was talk to the parent when he called Jason, and that is not permissible by the KHSAA. He also answers some messages from others and that is not permissible. However, if that’s what it takes to get one fired from a coaching position there would be a lot of coaches throughout the state that would be looking for new jobs, because if you are so naive to think that all the transfers who decide to leave their old school and come to another  school aren’t communicating in some form in advance with the coach or his staff, or boosters, before they make the move then you are lying to yourself. 
Jason Mays did not nor has he ever actively gone after or recruited any players. Every transfer who came to Ashland during his tenure there as coach came on their own free will. Now, as far as promising college scholarships, all he ever promised to all his players was to do his best to help them get to that level. And he’s had 7 or 8 players in his 4 years do that. Also I suppose he does have connections with recruiting services that he knew from his college days and I’m sure if he did that he would have used them to help his kids, which is totally legal. You have labored diligently with a lot of words in this thread to try your best to make Jason appear as a recruiter. There’s nothing on the audio that makes him a recruiter. He was answering questions of a parent, explaining his program, talking basketball, etc. And that is a no-no with the KHSAA, although 90% of coaches anywhere would have done and have done the same thing with those sort of calls. I’ve listen to the audio and I’ve also asked others who have listened and all agree the only negative thing he said was he criticized the defense of one of his players (and he apologized for that). 
So, in his 4 years there he has had 4 players that played varsity for him that were transfers: Porter, Carter, Marcum, and Mayor. And everyone came on their own free will. Jason Mays did not recruit players but if they wanted to come I suppose he didn’t say no just like any other coach would not say no. I’ve been watching WYMT preseason interviews and other media outlets and it’s amazing how many coaches say, “Well, we picked up 2 transfers that’s sure gonna be a big help.” It happens, and quite a lot. 
Mays is guilty of breaking a bylaw rule by having the conversation. Although that comes under the recruiting label, there is a difference imo. It’s not the same as you’re trying to make it appear, as if he was constantly calling players/parents to try convince them to transfer. He has never done that. He received a call by a person who bragged on his coaching abilities and used flattery and Mays was on vacation and had some free time. His recruiting violations is for answering and having that conversation, not for calling others and recruiting. He is not a cheater or recruiter. He’s a hard working coach that knows how to mold a team into a winner.
(12-02-2022, 02:59 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Baller, you are so wrong about Mays it’s pathetic. You’re trying to paint him as a coach that sit in his office with a list of players or parents to call and ask them would they consider transferring to Ashland. He did not do that. The only thing he did wrong was talk to the parent when he called Jason, and that is not permissible by the KHSAA. He also answers some messages from others and that is not permissible. However, if that’s what it takes to get one fired from a coaching position there would be a lot of coaches throughout the state that would be looking for new jobs, because if you are so naive to think that all the transfers who decide to leave their old school and come to another  school aren’t communicating in some form in advance with the coach or his staff, or boosters, before they make the move then you are lying to yourself. 
Jason Mays did not nor has he ever actively gone after or recruited any players. Every transfer who came to Ashland during his tenure there as coach came on their own free will. Now, as far as promising college scholarships, all he ever promised to all his players was to do his best to help them get to that level. And he’s had 7 or 8 players in his 4 years do that. Also I suppose he does have connections with recruiting services that he knew from his college days and I’m sure if he did that he would have used them to help his kids, which is totally legal. You have labored diligently with a lot of words in this thread to try your best to make Jason appear as a recruiter. There’s nothing on the audio that makes him a recruiter. He was answering questions of a parent, explaining his program, talking basketball, etc. And that is a no-no with the KHSAA, although 90% of coaches anywhere would have done and have done the same thing with those sort of calls. I’ve listen to the audio and I’ve also asked others who have listened and all agree the only negative thing he said was he criticized the defense of one of his players (and he apologized for that). 
So, in his 4 years there he has had 4 players that played varsity for him that were transfers: Porter, Carter, Marcum, and Mayor. And everyone came on their own free will. Jason Mays did not recruit players but if they wanted to come I suppose he didn’t say no just like any other coach would not say no. I’ve been watching WYMT preseason interviews and other media outlets and it’s amazing how many coaches say, “Well, we picked up 2 transfers that’s sure gonna be a big help.” It happens, and quite a lot. 
Mays is guilty of breaking a bylaw rule by having the conversation. Although that comes under the recruiting label, there is a difference imo. It’s not the same as you’re trying to make it appear, as if he was constantly calling players/parents to try convince them to transfer. He has never done that. He received a call by a person who bragged on his coaching abilities and used flattery and Mays was on vacation and had some free time. His recruiting violations is for answering and having that conversation, not for calling others and recruiting. He is not a cheater or recruiter. He’s a hard working coach that knows how to mold a team into a winner.
This has to be the dumbest and most naive post on the internet about this entire situation. You are so out of touch about this current situation that it’s almost scary.  If you listened to audio he talks about 5-6 kids alone. That’s besides Bath Co., Midland kid and the others. Yes he recruited. Yes he was fired for that. Yes it is multiple kids. You are blinded by your loyalty to Mays. Not Ashland or the community of Ashland and most importantly the KIDS of Ashland. Just like the other Mays fanatics you are loyal to him. Regardless he cheated. The evidence is out there. Obviously now it’s a wait and see game with the KHSAA has to hand out for him just being on vacation taking calls. Hahaha
(12-02-2022, 03:36 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

This has to be the dumbest and most naive post on the internet about this entire situation. You are so out of touch about this current situation that it’s almost scary.  If you listened to audio he talks about 5-6 kids alone. That’s besides Bath Co., Midland kid and the others. Yes he recruited. Yes he was fired for that. Yes it is multiple kids. You are blinded by your loyalty to Mays. Not Ashland or the community of Ashland and most importantly the KIDS of Ashland. Just like the other Mays fanatics you are loyal to him. Regardless he cheated. The evidence is out there. Obviously now it’s a wait and see game with the KHSAA has to hand out for him just being on vacation taking calls. Hahaha
No, I’m just not going to allow you to twist and play mind games with this incident to meet your interpretation that satisfies your hatred for Mays and furthers your agenda. I’m going to call you out on it every time!
(12-03-2022, 05:06 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 03:36 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 09:23 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Your vilification of Mays is jumping the shark at this point.  Since your son didn't get playing time while Mays was at Ashland, I doubt the actions of Jason Mays cost him any possible athletic college scholarship.  Mays is gone from Ashland.  He's been fired.  The Jason Mays era was fun to watch while it lasted, but it is OVER.

No, I’m just not going to allow you to twist and play mind games with this incident to meet your interpretation that satisfies your hatred for Mays and furthers your agenda. I’m going to call you out on it every time!
I don’t hate Mays!  Never said I did. I don’t like what he has done to the kids. Wrong as it gets. He isn’t a nice man or a moral one to do kids and a community like that. But opinions vary. You can have yours and I have mine. The difference is you don’t have kids involved. So you have the luxury of sitting back and not being screwed over. The facts are the facts. Audio doesn’t lie. Khsaa additional violations don’t lie. If walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. Then it is a duck. You Look have twisted the truth and never even listened to the audio.
2023-2024 probation
Additional training
1k in fines.

It now has came to an end
(01-24-2023, 08:44 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: 2023-2024 probation
Additional training
1k in fines.

Socrates, wherefore art thou?  Perhaps Socrates is somewhere contemplating his quote "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing".  Socrates had promised a post-season ban.  Told everyone to email the KHSAA to inquire about the investigation.  Turns out Socrates knew nothing.  At least Socrates has true wisdom in knowing nothing.
This was all the khsaa was ever doing. Think of this APB has fired the last 4 Men’s coaches. The administration definitely don’t have the backs of coaches.
Yes .... I'm sure SocratesKy is in morning. He claims to have had all this inside information that APB and the fact they would be banned from the post-season tournament, it was an ongoing investigation, etc. He actually said that I was "disconnected" even though I knew people that were involved with the inverstigation. I tried to tell him back in December that the investigation had been concluded and no post-seson ban would be imposed. I'm just glad the ruling has been made.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_Messenger's post:
  • Ky1976
Additional training
1k in fines.

Guys everyone seems to be forgetting that the main penalty in this and that's why right before the season was to start that Coach Mays be fired Ashland really did not want to but it was pretty much a requirement from the KHSAA.
(01-25-2023, 04:30 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
Additional training
1k in fines.

Guys everyone seems to be forgetting that the main penalty in this and that's why right before the season was to start that Coach Mays be fired Ashland really did not want to but it was pretty much a requirement from the KHSAA.
Requirement from KHSAA?  Please show proof.
He has no proof. I’d say Jason Mays is free to coach where ever he likes. KY schools will be knocking his door down as soon as the season is over
(01-25-2023, 04:30 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
Additional training
1k in fines.

This is flat out not true. To be more bluntly, it’s a lie. As a matter of fact, the KHSAA was surprised that Ashland fired him. They did not suggest that. They suggested suspension for the month of December and then return. They were caught off guard by Ashland’s decision as much as anyone.
(01-25-2023, 07:27 PM)Night Train Wrote: He has no proof. I’d say Jason Mays is free to coach where ever he likes. KY schools will be knocking his door down as soon as the season is over
Or before season is over!!!!  Quick question wonder if Boyd’s parents would want him?  (YES)
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)