Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only NHL fan on here?
Does anyone else here watch the NHL?

And occasionally watching a Red Wings game does not count! LOL

The Preds aren't starting off too good this year. I'm really upset that they traded Paul Kariya to the Blues and traded Vokoun to the Panthers.

IMO, Vokoun, Kariya, and Sullivan were their three best players and Sullivan is still with the Preds, but is currently injured.

So far, a disspointing 3-6.

However, the Blues are looking pretty good this year, as well as Columbus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a Blackhawks fan.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Does anyone else here watch the NHL?

No. Big Grin Wink
Sad. Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Does anyone else here watch the NHL?

Heck yes!!! :Thumbs:

It's funny you started a thread on this, I almost pm'd you yesterday over your new avatar. I had noticed the logo, and I was going to ask you if it was indeed the Predators and if you were a hockey fan.

I myself am a Colorado Avalanche fan, have been since they moved from Quebec to Denver way back in the '90's. It just so happened that the season they moved was when I started getting into hockey, and I just started liking them. My love of the Avs was cemented when they made a run through the playoffs and won the Stanley Cup in their first season in Denver!

I addition, I absolutely loved watching UK hockey games when I lived in Lexington. If you have never been to a Cool Cats game, it is quite an experience. The games are at the Lexington Ice Center, games start at midnight, and the place is packed wall-to-wall. The crowd gets VERY rowdy, as many people show up already sloshed. If you have been to one of their games, you know what I mean!

Anyway, kinda cool that there's another hockey fan on here. My Avs haven't started out too well this year, they've won all their home games but lost all but one of their road contests.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Heck yes!!! :Thumbs:

It's funny you started a thread on this, I almost pm'd you yesterday over your new avatar. I had noticed the logo, and I was going to ask you if it was indeed the Predators and if you were a hockey fan.

I myself am a Colorado Avalanche fan, have been since they moved from Quebec to Denver way back in the '90's. It just so happened that the season they moved was when I started getting into hockey, and I just started liking them. My love of the Avs was cemented when they made a run through the playoffs and won the Stanley Cup in their first season in Denver!

I addition, I absolutely loved watching UK hockey games when I lived in Lexington. If you have never been to a Cool Cats game, it is quite an experience. The games are at the Lexington Ice Center, games start at midnight, and the place is packed wall-to-wall. The crowd gets VERY rowdy, as many people show up already sloshed. If you have been to one of their games, you know what I mean!

Anyway, kinda cool that there's another hockey fan on here. My Avs haven't started out too well this year, they've won all their home games but lost all but one of their road contests.

Hopefully, they're doing better than 3-6....Rolleyes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BTW, what do you think about these new sweaters?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Hopefully, they're doing better than 3-6....Rolleyes

LOL, I guess I just have high expectations for the Avs after their offseason acquisitions, and I expected a better start to the season. After an OT win over the Flames tonight, they now sit at 6-4 for the year, and have now won their last two on the road.

I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about their start, although your Preds did beat them like a drum a couple weeks ago. Sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
True, but it's a long season. Kind of like baseball. It's hard to determine what they'll be like in a few months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CE, how long have you been a hockey fan? And how did you start following the Nashville Predators?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Went to watch a fight and a hockey game broke out, lol. I always did love that quote!
I love watching hockey live, but I don't have a rooting interest in the NHL, and without someone to cheer for it's easy to ignore a sport.
I am a Bruins fan.
-STATS- Wrote:Went to watch a fight and a hockey game broke out, lol. I always did love that quote!

HAHA nice, Im not much into Hockey myself tho.
-STATS- Wrote:Went to watch a fight and a hockey game broke out, lol. I always did love that quote!

Smile
More Cowbell Wrote:CE, how long have you been a hockey fan? And how did you start following the Nashville Predators?

I gained some interest when Gretzky was playing, but didn't follow anything but Gretzky.

Then in Jr. High and High School, about the only hockey you could watch was the Red Wings......Rolleyes

I didn't start watching it regularly until about 4 years ago when I started going to UK hockey games.

And with Nashville being the closest team, and being on FSN South, I guess that's why I'm a Preds fan.

*Plus they have the cool Sabre Tooth Tiger head that comes down to the ice and they skate out of it when they're introduced.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im a Coyotes fan...BTW what is Nashville's CHL team??
vundy33 Wrote:Im a Coyotes fan...BTW what is Nashville's CHL team??

I think they may be called the Nighthawks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ahh...I just recently caught a Sundogs game..there the CHL team for Phoenix.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I gained some interest when Gretzky was playing, but didn't follow anything but Gretzky.

Then in Jr. High and High School, about the only hockey you could watch was the Red Wings......Rolleyes

I didn't start watching it regularly until about 4 years ago when I started going to UK hockey games.

And with Nashville being the closest team, and being on FSN South, I guess that's why I'm a Preds fan.

*Plus they have the cool Sabre Tooth Tiger head that comes down to the ice and they skate out of it when they're introduced.

As a true Colorado Avalanche fan, I hate anything and everything to do with the Detroit Red Wings! Although it seems as though their rivalry has cooled off some in recent years, I remember back in the late 90's and early 00's when those two teams absolutely hated each other. Tons of penalties, lots of fights, the works! It was a rivalry that was made even better since they were regularly two of the top teams in the league, and when they met in the playoffs, the winner usually went on to the Stanley Cup finals.

As for UK hockey, going to one of their games is enough to make anyone a hockey fan! However, I also used to go to the Thoroghblades' games a few years ago, and they weren't nearly as much fun to see...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gah last time I really got into hockey was back when the Avs won it all in 2001they were stacked back then Sackic(sp?) was the man! Patrick Roy was a beast! Peter Foresberg and Adam Foote! Those were the days!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Gah last time I really got into hockey was back when the Avs won it all in 2001they were stacked back then Sackic(sp?) was the man! Patrick Roy was a beast! Peter Foresberg and Adam Foote! Those were the days!

That was a great year, when they traded for Ray Bourque right before he retired. I still have a copy of the Sporting News with a victorious Bourque on the cover holding up the Stanley Cup.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]