Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Steps Down at Knott
Gonna miss The King. Great Coach. Great Career.
Oh dukeboy he will still be around…..
BB to Breathitt County. Rumors!!!
Heard he was offered. But no confirmation of accepting it yet.
What’s your thoughts on king mount monster. I think he does good with big men as he plays thru the center in the past. That’s what it looked like when he had McGuire
(05-05-2022, 06:19 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: What’s your thoughts on king mount monster. I think he does good with big men as he plays thru the center in the past. That’s what it looked like when he had McGuire
Don’t know what to think. Is he healthy enough to coach? How will practices be? Heard he is a big man coach. 1 man can’t win a game it takes a team. That’s all we are worried about is winning. And getting better. The goal is still the same at the end of the year to play at rupp. You can throw individual awards out the window.

Will they play summer ball? Heard he hasn’t participated in summer ball recently.
I get it man….team, team, and team player. It’s like you keep saying it to make yourself believe it. All I was asking about do you like his style of coaching. I don’t know about his health. Hopefully he wouldn’t take a job If his health is failing.
Breathitt program could take a hit because BB don’t play a freshman team . Knott only had 1 freshman team played in last 5 years. Plus he only plays a 6 man rotation. so players on bench parents are not going be happy.
Let's extend the rumor mill.....  King has accepted Breathitt.  Now, hearing Honeycutt gets boys job and Huff duo coaches girls with Megan as head coach and husband as assistant.  Honeycutt has had success with girls program.  Will he be able to put the boys program in same position?  It will be a wait and see.  Commodore Nation will benefit I believe.
BB KING IS THE NEW COACH AT BREATHITT COUNTY. THEY GOT A GOOD ONE. GOOD LUCK.
At this point with Coach King taking arguably the best team in the 14th region over I think there is only one hire that the Knott County administration can make that will make everyone happy. That hire is Big Al Holland. Big Al is the only hire they can make that fans and players will be happy with.
Dude it ain’t happening. Honeycutt will be the new chief.
They have went down that road before. It didnt go so good. Surely Pollard is smarter than that
Huff is the talk in Hindman
I'm Hearing Honeycutt.
(05-05-2022, 06:19 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: What’s your thoughts on king mount monster. I think he does good with big men as he plays thru the center in the past. That’s what it looked like when he had McGuire
I can tell you with first hand knowledge, BB is not a big man coach. He is very much guard oriented. Evan Hall wasn't played in the right way, nor was McGuire. Your best big man coach in the 14th in my opinion is Al Holland. He tried to get McGuire, almost succeeded, if he had, Hazard, not Knott would have hung the 2021 banner! That is all Hazard lacked compared to Knott. BB coaching style probably isn't going to go over well with the BHS parents I don't believe. Collins won't be allowed to shoot those 3's he likes to try and shoot, be lucky to come off the block.
I think you will be surprised. BB wants to go out on top. He will arrange his coaching style to make that happen. Knott lost a heck of a coach because they couldn’t handle one season that was down.
(09-14-2022, 12:44 PM)roundballer Wrote:
I can tell you with first hand knowledge, BB is not a big man coach. He is very much guard oriented. Evan Hall wasn't played in the right way, nor was McGuire. Your best big man coach in the 14th in my opinion is Al Holland. He tried to get McGuire, almost succeeded, if he had, Hazard, not Knott would have hung the 2021 banner! That is all Hazard lacked compared to Knott. BB coaching style probably isn't going to go over well with the BHS parents I don't believe. Collins won't be allowed to shoot those 3's he likes to try and shoot, be lucky to come off the block.
Hallelujah, been preaching this all last year. Collins needs to keep his behind on the block towards the basket
It take a fool to make Collins post up on the block he has to be put in motion to play his game.
Turnover you just don’t want him down low dominating the post in the region. Big Bryce will handle big boy from Wolfe like he had his entire career.
Parkway I figure BB use his waterboy turner on Wolfe's big man
This is ridiculous. And this is the problem with kids these days. It’s the adults acting like lunatics fighting on social media. Grow up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaterBoy15thregion's post:
  • Mountain Monster
(10-28-2022, 08:28 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: This is ridiculous. And this is the problem with kids these days. It’s the adults acting like lunatics fighting on social media. Grow up.

It reminds me of the infamous Topix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion