Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Ryan
Spartan4Life Wrote:LSU is the best offense in the nation though.

No they're not. They're not even a top tier offense in the nation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I said it at the beginning of the season, if a team wins, the quarterback usually enters the Heisman discussion.... Matt Ryan isn't as good talent wise as Tebow or Woodson IMO, but his team is undefeated and Tebow and Woodson both have two losses.... may not be the best way to vote for the Heisman, but the voters put alot of weight on it....

Right now, I'd give the Heisman to Tebow, with Ryan, Dixon, Woodson and Ray Rice rounding out the top 5...

I also believe Darren McFadden is the best overall player in the country, but his team has let him down big time this year... he'll have a chance to re-enter the race because he has big games with South Carolina and LSU coming up...
ComfortEagle Wrote:Ryan played absolutely horrible tonight and is getting way too much press from ESPN.

If it wasn't for the 2 minutes that he played decent, Ryan would be out of the Heisman race alltogether.

Agreed. It must be nice to be able to play awful for 57 minutes, then score a couple touchdowns in two minutes (with the help of an onside kick) to beat an overrated Virginia Tech team. Like someone else said, there is no way Virginia Tech's defense is better than South Carolina's, when they gave up 40+ to LSU earlier this year.

If Woodson got dropped down in the Heisman race after the South Carolina game, the same should happen to Ryan here. One great throw at the end of a game doesn't erase a bunch of bad throws earlier in the game.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:No they're not. They're not even a top tier offense in the nation.

Yes IMO the best ball mover in the nation is Florida. But their Defense isnt at a high standard
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Yeah VTech's defense is real tough. LSU proved that earlier this year. Other than that their only good win was over Clemson and they scored over 20 on them. One of the only teams more overrated that Ryan's BC Eagles was the Hokies.

That's because Andre Woodson has had more than a few good games this season. Take a look at Ryan's stats. They're not that great compared to Woodson. 19 TD's 8 INTs with a 61% completion with an out of top 10 SOS.

Woodson=26 TD's 4 INT's and 64% completion with a top 5 SOS.

Yeah Ryan's team is undefeated, in the 4th or 5th best conference in the country, and from what I can tell it's not all because of him. Take away a game against Bowling Green and Ryan's stats are even worse.

He threw for over 250 yards and 2 TD's on 52 attempts. I think most QB's could do that.

Exactly, and if we based it on 4th quarter comebacks, Woodson is probably the best clutch player in college football.
blackcat Wrote:Exactly, and if we based it on 4th quarter comebacks, Woodson is probably the best clutch player in college football.

He looked real clutch against MSU. Aweful this thread is just aweful. Ryan is much better and he is rated higher than Woodsen on the pre-draft analysis boards as well.
More Cowbell Wrote:Agreed. It must be nice to be able to play awful for 57 minutes, then score a couple touchdowns in two minutes (with the help of an onside kick) to beat an overrated Virginia Tech team. Like someone else said, there is no way Virginia Tech's defense is better than South Carolina's, when they gave up 40+ to LSU earlier this year.

If Woodson got dropped down in the Heisman race after the South Carolina game, the same should happen to Ryan here. One great throw at the end of a game doesn't erase a bunch of bad throws earlier in the game.

This game was in the pouring down rain. He made some mistakes, but when his team need him the most he came through and won the game. He also threw for over 250 yards and 2tds. UK fans make me sick. They know nothing of how successful programs and teams work. Take last year, you couldn't wait to get rid of the coach. Now they want him for gov. Give me a break. Learn a lot about the game before you post. Ryan and Tebow are the only two real candidates for the Heisman. And yes winning does count for a lot. If you can bring your team back at a volitile away stadium and over come turnovers that is what elite players do. They are not just great, but great when the game is on the line. Look at Woodsen vs. MSU. Had no running game and UK needed to rely on him. Outcome another L.
No way this guy is overrated. Hes the real deal thats for sure!
Booya Wrote:This game was in the pouring down rain. He made some mistakes, but when his team need him the most he came through and won the game. He also threw for over 250 yards and 2tds. UK fans make me sick. They know nothing of how successful programs and teams work. Take last year, you couldn't wait to get rid of the coach. Now they want him for gov. Give me a break. Learn a lot about the game before you post. Ryan and Tebow are the only two real candidates for the Heisman. And yes winning does count for a lot. If you can bring your team back at a volitile away stadium and over come turnovers that is what elite players do. They are not just great, but great when the game is on the line. Look at Woodsen vs. MSU. Had no running game and UK needed to rely on him. Outcome another L.

You have to be kidding me, to say Ryan is better than Woodson is idiotic. He's plays in a weak conference and has thrown 8 interceptions to 19 touchdowns, some really nice stats. BC barely escaped a overrated Va Tech team that got thrashed by LSU. Put Ryan in the SEC and see how he does. We'll see who is drafted first..
blackcat Wrote:You have to be kidding me, to say Ryan is better than Woodson is idiotic. He's plays in a weak conference and has thrown 8 interceptions to 19 touchdowns, some really nice stats. BC barely escaped a overrated Va Tech team that got thrashed by LSU. Put Ryan in the SEC and see how he does. We'll see who is drafted first..

You do know that Va Tech is one of the toughest places in the COUNTRY to play. Plus you add in the pouring rain. Rain is generally not an aspect of nature that qbs pray for. That generally means the ball will be slick and routes will not be as sharp. As far as Ryan being rated better than Woodsen, I don't rate them I only said that he is rated better than woodsen. I'm sorry if it hurts your feel goods, but call all draft experts idiotic, not me you moron.
Ryan's performance tonight might knock him out of contention.
Every player has a bad game. Ryan didn't play well this week or last week even though they got the victory against VT. Can't judge a player of his potential on this game. If so knock woodson and mcfadden out of the heismen talk to. Ryan is an excellent player who had a bad night. He is not overrated.
Hornet Nation Wrote:Every player has a bad game. Ryan didn't play well this week or last week even though they got the victory against VT. Can't judge a player of his potential on this game. If so knock woodson and mcfadden out of the heismen talk to. Ryan is an excellent player who had a bad night. He is not overrated.

Ryan is overrated...sorry to burst your bubble. He just does so many things that leave me scratching my head. HE made a couple nice throws last night that show you he is a very talented QB, but guys like Chase Daniel, and the QB from Kansas can make those same throws. Nobody is talking about those guys for Heisman. Danile has a chance to get inb the race, but ESPN was just riding Matt Ryan to keep the feel good story of Boston, Mass being the championship city alive. It was great to see the best team in the 5th best conference finally go down. OVER-RATED Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap