•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who does Breathitt go after now?
I’m going with Wright as well. I’m just not completely sold on bb. But another part of me is thinking it’s gonna be someone we have all overlooked and not mentioned. Only time would tell. Like to see a decision made by the end of the week or early next week. So they can get coaching staff in place and get the program rolling and ready for summer ball.
(05-03-2022, 10:59 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: If I was placing a bet I’d say coach king will be offered or the wright coach. But I’d say coach king.
Going with King is my uneducated guess
(05-03-2022, 03:19 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I heard today they offered Shannon Hoskins one unreal deal.  6 figures
I don’t see this being legal at all. With Shannon being Breathitt’s daddy, one would think nepotism laws would come into play
(05-03-2022, 11:36 PM)HollerRat Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 03:19 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I heard today they offered Shannon Hoskins one unreal deal.  6 figures
I don’t see this being legal at all. With Shannon being Breathitt’s daddy, one would think nepotism laws would come into play
Kinda funny
(05-03-2022, 10:21 PM)Slim one Wrote: Lot of interviews tonight. Any speculation on the outcome?

Party at Elk View this weekend.
Keg or byob?
BB?
Wright?
Perry?
Johnson?

All were interviewed. I know who was offered the job, but who do you think would be the right choice?
Offered it to king but Wright would be a better fit for a couple years

Sorry to steal your thunder catsrule
I think Wright would be the best fit as well. Just heard bb’s coaching intensity wasn’t there no more. Heard he was lat to practices and don’t practice long. Hope the boe thinks about that.
Breathitt definitely got it right this time!!!!
BB just accepted the Breathitt job is the rumor going around my area right now..Any news?
Haven’t heard.
BB King to Breathitt -- source Hometown 24
BB has a few Mustangs he has to break in order to incorporate his system. Some kids gonna be butt hurt. BB does what he thinks will make him win no matter what college potential some parents think their kids have. The guy plays to win. He will play his players to their strengths.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • clipperw
Will Coach King be practicing every evening?
Anybody know when BB starts summer ball.He sure gave McGuire the hall a lot?????
Good hire for breathitt. Coach king usually plays through the big man if he has one. By playing this type of offense the guards will have way more open opportunities for wide open shots. Hoskins is a good passer and will kick the ball out when able. Only question is can he turn 6’8 Collins into a block player? Collins likes to play 22 ft from the basket. Maybe run him alone the baseline because I don’t see him posting with his back to the basket. Everything I’ve predicted seems to unfold. So I’m predicting Collins will be a bulldog next season.
Parents complain about Noble let the fun start now. BB don’t like to play freshman basketball games plus he only plays about 6 players n his style is slow the ball down. Plus who does he get as his assistant coaches be a big question also. Let the fun start in Breathitt county basketball.
Collins go anywhere he wants to and play.Some will only play if that's all that is left.You hoping he will leave
No turnover I don’t want him to leave. I’m not who you think I am. I don’t have a kid on the team. If he left it would hurt the bobcats bad as they aren’t a deep team. Since turner graduated combs will fill in nicely. Issac Bellamy coming off the bench is about it. They have number 20 and he’s not my son as you think he is, but number 20 isn’t that good. He only needs to play if the team is in foul trouble or injured. Now if a few younger players work hard in the weight room and get a lot better that would help, but as of right now Collins leaving would cripple breathitt
(05-06-2022, 01:49 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: No turnover I don’t want him to leave. I’m not who you think I am. I don’t have a kid on the team. If he left it would hurt the bobcats bad as they aren’t a deep team. Since turner graduated combs will fill in nicely. Issac Bellamy coming off the bench is about it. They have number 20 and he’s not my son as you think he is, but number 20 isn’t that good. He only needs to play if the team is in foul trouble or injured. Now if a few younger players work hard in the weight room and get a lot better that would help, but as of right now Collins leaving would cripple breathitt

Idk about cripple, still a lot of talent 9-12th.
Who? You must know some transfers coming in. It would cripple them. Take away about 20 pts a game and about 7 boards a game. What I mean by cripple is their shot at rupp is over. Isn’t that the main goal? To win the region.. if it’s not then your taking up space on your team
(05-06-2022, 02:32 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Who? You must know some transfers coming in. It would cripple them. Take away about 20 pts a game and about 7 boards a game. What I mean by cripple is their shot at rupp is over. Isn’t that the main goal? To win the region.. if it’s not then your taking up space on your team

They can still compete with 1 big man and role guys off the bench. They do need Collins, and they need him playing HARD.
Good hire to win games and win region if the parents and grandparents will resign there positions as assistant coaches and coach King can retain the returning roster and they will accept there roles in his system. Thats a big IF in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Huck Fin's post:
  • Mountainparkway
How is his health? He looks very feeble and fragile
So does Joe Biden and he’s the leader of the free world lol

(05-06-2022, 02:44 PM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 02:32 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Who? You must know some transfers coming in. It would cripple them. Take away about 20 pts a game and about 7 boards a game. What I mean by cripple is their shot at rupp is over. Isn’t that the main goal? To win the region.. if it’s not then your taking up space on your team

They can still compete with 1 big man and role guys off the bench. They do need Collins, and they need him playing HARD.
I definitely agree with your last sentence. Collins tends to take plays off when he’s winded and he gets winded easy. I don’t think he was in shape all last season
(05-06-2022, 05:32 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Good hire to win games and win region if the parents and grandparents will resign there positions as assistant coaches and coach King can retain the returning roster and they will accept there roles in his system. Thats a big IF in my opinion.
I agree 100%! But it doesn't sound good as for grandpas as assistants. Breathitt just repeats mistakes it seems. I actually expected more out of this young administration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Turnover
Yeah I noticed that too slim. Nepotism at its best the next few years
Daddy ball is over at Breathitt County. Let the games begin.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next