•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who does Breathitt go after now?
Wright has a better resume and it’s second to none. It’s also in clear writing that he is a one year guy
(05-01-2022, 07:30 PM)Bobcatking Wrote: Wright has a better resume and it’s second to none. It’s also in clear writing that he is a one year guy
Wright may be ok. He had a good run at S Laurel and if memory serves Rosco was his assistant and got some credit for it. Someone who Breathitt got rid of the year after winning the region! Wright's record wasn't bad at Montgomery and I have no idea why they trashed him for Bentley. 
I'm not a decision maker and don't have a kid playing anymore and I doubt that the people that will decide read this crap for direction. But I do hope the right person is hired. (No pun intended)
I would take Wright over Perry, all day, everyday, and it isn't even close. Although, Perry has had some success at Morgan in the past, he has literally ran the program into the ground. I hope Breathitt makes a smart hire!
They are getting a good one.
Breathitt going back to Daddy ball?
Steve Wright and Breathitt County goes together like oil and water. Plenty of good candidates here in the 14th. 
I'm surprised more people aren't after Raymond justice
Arch Johnson would be a great hire.
Does arch Johnson have any coaching experience? I don’t think he would be that good of a hire starting out. The game has progressed since the 60s

If we are talking about old players….how about Johnny Stacy
(05-02-2022, 01:12 PM)RECOGNIZED AUTHORITY Wrote: Arch Johnson would be a great hire.
Things are getting silly now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Slim one's post:
  • Mountainparkway, wannacat
Lol I thought so too
(05-02-2022, 07:02 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Lol I thought so too
Probably have a clean slate. Pretty sure about every starter would transfer. I think the administration will do the very best they can do, and that's not it.
This became silly when Kevin keathely name was mentioned !!!!

You talk about a mass exodus let keathely get the job……..
Makes sense the poster post it tho. He’s got some grandkids coming up in the system. Prob a family member. I was joking about Johnny Stacy too. He coached a few years ago middle school and got the can so he’s definitely a no go too
(05-02-2022, 01:12 PM)RECOGNIZED AUTHORITY Wrote: Arch Johnson would be a great hire.

(05-02-2022, 06:59 PM)Slim one Wrote:
Things are getting silly now.
Arch Johnson was a very good coach back in his day. He played, and started 4 years, for Morehead State University after being a star player for Breathitt County on their 1970 14th region championship team. He was assistant coach at Breathitt before moving on to a successful stint at Wolfe Co. He then went into private business and left his school career and coaching.

The game has changed with the style of play and the 3 point shot, which wasn’t around until 1988, but don’t ever think for one minute that Arch Johnson couldn’t adapt to today’s basketball game, and quickly! He’s one of the smartest people I’ve ever been around. Now, with that being said, I don’t think he would be interested in getting back into coaching. He’s an intelligent entrepreneur and has operated several businesses over the years and my guess is he’s pretty content with his life as it is.
Big Al has turned the job down. Wright, Perry and BB has applied. Interviews will begin this week.
(05-03-2022, 10:13 AM)catsrule Wrote: Big Al has turned the job down.  Wright, Perry and BB has applied.  Interviews will begin this week.
I thought they had already interviewed those 3 last week.
All I know is it better be a good hire. It’s hard to improve after coach noble. Very few that could replace him. Bags may be packed if it ain’t a good decision.
Steve Wright if they want a one year run while the cupboard is full and scrap everything else.

Matthew Perry if they want to try to build a K-12 program long term. (If they will let him)
(05-03-2022, 12:16 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote: All I know is it better be a good hire. It’s hard to improve after coach noble. Very few that could replace him. Bags may be packed if it ain’t a good decision.
How many region wins does your boy have under his belt with noble? He’s been a starter for a couple years at breathitt and still doesn’t average double digits in points or rebounds. I know there is other faucets to the game that doesn’t show in the stats but I can’t honestly think of any he shines at. 

ps.. cheap shots in the stomach isn’t a great addition to a team. Example:: region game against pcc and McKenzie incident

Don’t care for threats and I’d say most would agree with me. Go ahead and pack….cya
(05-03-2022, 12:26 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 12:16 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote: All I know is it better be a good hire. It’s hard to improve after coach noble. Very few that could replace him. Bags may be packed if it ain’t a good decision.
How many region wins does your boy have under his belt with noble? He’s been a starter for a couple years at breathitt and still doesn’t average double digits in points or rebounds. I know there is other faucets to the game that doesn’t show in the stats but I can’t honestly think of any he shines at. 

ps.. cheap shots in the stomach isn’t a great addition to a team. Example:: region game against pcc and McKenzie incident

Don’t care for threats and I’d say most would agree with me. Go ahead and pack….cya
Yeah if you look closer it wasn’t a cheap shot to the stomach he was slapping his hand off him and when he did it slapped him in the nuts. Total accident as he told him in the line when they was shaking hands. He don’t care about scoring or rebounding. All he cares about is winning. Stats mean nothing to him.

Yeah it’s not threats either. I don’t care for threats. I just want a good coach. It’s more than about basketball and that’s what some people don’t understand.

I guess I worded that wrong. I meant to say he doesn’t care about individual stats. Only team stats. He gets in there and does what he is supposed to and that’s all you can ask for.
(05-03-2022, 12:26 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote:

I think #5 brings a physical aspect to the game that others on the team aren't willing to, or are not capable of bringing. I think Sperry plays tough, but outside of the two I have mentioned, no other player showed they were willing to "bring it" consistently. Perry Central outmanned Breathitt, and this in itself took the bobcats out of the game. I personally hate to see parents fighting amongst themselves, because it creates a toxic environment for the kids and the program.
Lol. He ain’t going nowhere I just like stirring the pot and getting reactions.
I heard today they offered Shannon Hoskins one unreal deal. 6 figures
Don’t know the rules to much. But the deadline to apply was yesterday. So would that make a difference if they could offer someone or not?
I doubt it
I thought Shannon had Breathitt once to.
(05-03-2022, 05:34 PM)Turnover Wrote: I thought Shannon had Breathitt once to.

what?????? I hope that’s not a Breathitt county education..
Wrights job if he wants it.

If he does take it, look for him to have an assistant that will take over in a year and another assistant that brings talent with him.
Lot of interviews tonight. Any speculation on the outcome?
If I was placing a bet I’d say coach king will be offered or the wright coach. But I’d say coach king.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next