Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 2022
Aug 5 vs. Lynn Camp (Scrimmage)
Aug 12 vs. Casey County (Scrimmage)

Aug 19 vs. Garrard County (@ Lincoln County Death Valley Bowl)
Aug 26 @ Russell County
Sep 2 vs. Beechwood
Sep 9 @ Paintsville
Sep 16 vs. Corbin
Sep 23 vs. Williamsburg
Sep 30 vs. Hazard
Oct 7 @ Danville (D)
Oct 14 at Lexington Christian Academy (D)
Oct 21 at Washington County (D)
Oct 28 - BYE
Keep waiting on a SHS person to sound off here. Looks like a 5-5 schedule. But I’m guessing. Not sure what they added but didn’t lose a much according the KHSAA roster.

Maybe they’ve hit the weights and will surprise some people. Or, that offense will be as awful as it was last season?
(04-09-2022, 02:31 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: Keep waiting on a SHS person to sound off here. Looks like a 5-5 schedule. But I’m guessing. Not sure what they added but didn’t lose a much according the KHSAA roster.

Maybe they’ve hit the weights and will surprise some people. Or, that offense will be as awful as it was last season?

Much bigger and stronger than last season is what I've heard from Spring ball. As you said, didn't really lose anything. Big question is going to be at QB I think, both who it is going to be and how much they let him spread it around. My guess is we'll see Bruner at QB and then they'll incorporate Gross into the offense wherever they can. Last year the only really steady offense was running it with Guy Bailey. I'd expect him to be the focal point of the offense this season as well but they will need another big playmaker in the offense to keep teams honest. I would look for that to be Haydan Dick, Kam Hughes, or Caydan Cimala. 

This is just my observation from the end of last season. Things may shake out differently and there may be others step up. Should be better than last year but still a year away IMO.
if they drop to garrard week 1 it will be a long season .. that game should tell a lot
(04-09-2022, 12:18 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: if they drop to garrard week 1 it will be a long season .. that game should tell a lot
It may be a tough season because Garrard should be tough. A 5-5 season looks optimistic. I don't mean to disrespect the program or the players, just a tough schedule.