Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022-2023 Early 15th Region Predictions
(05-08-2022, 10:46 AM)Old-school-coach1972 Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 01:48 AM)Nolietotell Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 10:10 AM)Old-school-coach1972 Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 09:36 AM)ballaboveall Wrote: Additions of Eli Johnson to Pikeville makes an already loaded Pikeville team almost unbeatable.
How do you figure when you really have only 1 starter returning and a bench player who got some playing time and a possible transfer who doesn’t share the ball and your other pieces are inexperience at best because of no playing time sounds unbeatable to me, what a joke….

Hey guys.  Found another hater.  Well one of the old ones that created a new profile.   On a serious note. And old school coach take notes this will be on the final exam so you'll want to learn this.

Panthers Return RYLEE SAMONS. He is the best player in the region hands down not even close. That alone makes them a top contender. But wait there's more.   They also return 6th man and a crucial part of last year's team Heath Jarrell who you can't leave open and will be a top defender in the region.    You staying with me.  Okay.   They ALSO have Charlie Fitzer who is 6'9 6'10 and he was groomed by the best big man in the region last year every single day in practice.  And as far as Eli Johnson. He may come in and be the 2nd best player in the region. Yes he's that good.  Don't believe me. Check him out on the ADIDAS AAU circuit. Yes you read that right he plays for Power Circle which is a Adidas team. It's not a local team that some dad put together full of their hs kids and go play in small low quality tournaments it's top competition AAU. Add all of that with THE BEST COACH in the region you my friend have what you call a #1 team.      Now before you raise your hand to try and question any of my statements just think back to your previous 496 profiles and think man I doubted thr panthers for awhile now.  Last year you probably said they won't gel they won't share the ball they won't play Def.  And look what they done.  Hit me up at the end of the season next year with your new profile name and I'll give you this same lesson all over again

Alright Mr Pikeville Backer let me let you in on a little reality, last year’s Pikeville team was practically an all star team and to me Mr Justice isn’t that good of a coach just a good recruiter, cause you can see what kind of coach he is a couple years back having the District tournament at home and get blowed out in the first round and yea I know Samons and Hall were hurt but doesn’t Coach Justice have more players apparently not or he just can’t coach.  Now yes Samons is going to be the preseason 15th Region POY, but like I said in a previous post my top 5 are Pike Central, Johnson Central, Betsy Layne, Magoffin Co and Pikeville. Lastly I’m not a Pikeville hater but posters like you make people hate on them and with you saying they’ll win it again don’t make predictions this early before even the school year starts cause anything can happen injuries, transfers and always some team will come out of nowhere to shock some teams, but if Coach is that good then he should coach through that like he did a couple years ago right….
For the 100th time on here.  Coach Justice does not recruit a single kid to Pikeville. So can we stop with that false narrative.  JC has been getting players forever.  Ryan Rose is from Prestonsburg.  I mean I can go back. McKenzie was at Paintsville. Butcher came from Martin County. 3 of their starters this year are technically transfers. If McKenzie is so good how come he couldn’t get out of district this year with 3 transfer starters? 

Heck even May a few years ago is from Sheldon Clark 

Pike Central has been getting kids from god knows here the last several years.   Du’Toit was enrolled back at Tate’s Creek this year and was ruled ineglible so he came back to Pike Central.  

Belfry whole team isn’t from Belfry.  

The Recruiting narrative is a joke.   Have to have a better argument than that.  Everyone gets transfers. You still have to win.

Okay so let’s get back to your rankings.   Who does JC have returning besides the Tranfer in Ryan Rose?   With Pike Central you don’t even know whose going to be there.  Word is Ridgon is leaving.  Magoffin county hasn’t got out of the district in several years.   BL has two starters returning but I could argue all day that Samons and Johnson are better than those two. 

Also I disagree Totally on your rankings because you don’t even have Shelby Valley in it.    Rodney Rowe returns his top 6 players.  They are gonna be a tough out for anyone.
Well isn’t Doesn’t Pikeville have the best team that money can buy, now on him developing players he is good at it but he is not a game coach, if he doesn’t have the talent he can’t win. Your little theory of the PC kids leaving is more than likely false or you are hoping they are leaving, and the BL kids are a good duo you know Pikeville doesn’t have a pair that good, and yes Magoffin Co has a backcourt definitely better than Pikeville and lastly those panthers would have never made the finals of the Regional if you didn’t have Worrix just my observation
(05-08-2022, 02:38 PM)Old-school-coach1972 Wrote: Well isn’t Doesn’t Pikeville have the best team that money can buy, now on him developing players he is good at it but he is not a game coach, if he doesn’t have the talent he can’t win. Your little theory of the PC kids leaving is more than likely false or you are hoping they are leaving, and the BL kids are a good duo you know Pikeville doesn’t have a pair that good, and yes Magoffin Co has a backcourt definitely better than Pikeville and lastly those panthers would have never made the finals of the Regional if you didn’t have Worrix just my observation

I swear the more you type the more people laugh at you.  Your comments isn't backed by knowledge ir proof it's based on hatred.  Face the fact. You're a hater who refuses to give respect and credit.    Will you quit with excuses already too.    Come back when you have a legitimate argument or make you another profile to come back so this one isn't continuing to be the laughing stock of this forum.
Pikeville would have been one of region favorites without Worrix. With him they were flat out better than anyone. I do not believe Justice recruits anyone. He is a good coach not best in region. Pike Central kids are looking at leaving but may not. Rose is tall can’t say much after that. Not a game changer by any means. As far as belfry the kids they will put on the floor next year will all be Belfry kids. Kid came from Chapmanville because parents bought house and business in Pike county. No recruiting there. I’ll say it again most recruiting is because parents want the instant satisfaction of winning. It happens at all schools that have a history of winning. Nobody transfers to a losing school.
(05-08-2022, 02:38 PM)Old-school-coach1972 Wrote: Well isn’t Doesn’t Pikeville have the best team that money can buy, now on him developing players he is good at it but he is not a game coach, if he doesn’t have the talent he can’t win. Your little theory of the PC kids leaving is more than likely false or you are hoping they are leaving, and the BL kids are a good duo you know Pikeville doesn’t have a pair that good, and yes Magoffin Co has a backcourt definitely better than Pikeville and lastly those panthers would have never made the finals of the Regional if you didn’t have Worrix just my observation
So now Justice isn’t a good in game Coach?   So Samons sophomore year after Hall went down what do you call beating a senior led Cody Potter team in district finals? Also that same team was close to making the Regional finals and got beat in overtime by Martin County.  One more thing of course any coach can’t win if they don’t have TALENT on the floor!!

Now back to these duos.  What has Kidd and Robinson done in their career to indicate they are better than say Samons and Johnson or Samons and Jarrell.  They’ve won two district titles in the 58th which is the weakest in the mountains. To Magoffin County backcourt.  They haven’t won anything ever. Out of all this talent that was in the mountains this season and the next Samons has and will be the best player.  Period.  Jarrell was sixth man on a state championship team. He played valuable minutes at Rupp. Nobody else can say the same.   Johnson coming I believe is a 1500+ scorer. You can compare him to Barnett cause his team at Menifee wasn’t good just like Magoffin has been bad.   So give me Pikeville players any day.  Experience with Jarrell and Samons being the best player.

Also again I can’t stress this enough.  Do Not sleep on this Shelby Valley team. Rowe will have those boys ready.   Floyd Central as well. They return everyone and add some of those DACE kids.
any sleepers in the 15th team wise? Rigdon staying or heading to the Pikeville monster portal? Heard his father is wanting head coaching job and taking him with?
(05-09-2022, 12:21 PM)ballaboveall Wrote: any sleepers in the 15th team wise? Rigdon staying or heading to the Pikeville monster portal? Heard his father is wanting head coaching job and taking him with?
Every poster on here always has to take a shot at Pikeville.  It’s pretty comical the hatred for them on this board.   

I’ve heard numerous rumors about Ridgdon and PC.  One is that a few kids from DACE which is a Floyd Central feeder may enroll. Kinda makes sense since Stewart is originally from the Minnie area.  As far as sleepers go.  I’ll answer with Floyd Central.
15TH REGION RUNS THRU PIKEVILLE AS LONG AS THE KHSAA CONTINUES TO LET THEM RECRUIT KIDS AND ALSO IN GIRLS BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL. SOON AS BASKETBALL SEASON WAS OVER THE BOYS BROUGHT IN TRANFER FLEMING FROM MENIFEE COUNTY AND THE GIRLS BROUGHT IN SPARKS FROM BELFRY. COME ON KHSAA YOU ARE LETTING PIKEVILLE MAKE A JOKE OUT OF YOU??????
(05-16-2022, 10:26 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: 15TH REGION RUNS THRU PIKEVILLE AS LONG AS THE KHSAA CONTINUES TO LET THEM RECRUIT KIDS AND ALSO IN GIRLS BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL. SOON AS BASKETBALL SEASON WAS OVER THE BOYS BROUGHT IN TRANFER FLEMING FROM MENIFEE COUNTY AND THE GIRLS BROUGHT IN SPARKS FROM BELFRY. COME ON KHSAA YOU ARE LETTING PIKEVILLE MAKE A JOKE OUT OF YOU??????

You're right.  The 15th does run through Pikeville.
But it isn't nothing to do with recruiting.   For the LAST TIME. Pikeville does not recruit have never been proved of recruiting and plain and simple they don't have to recruit.  Kids want to go to pikeville bc they win. They care about winning. They're a winning school. Kids leave your schools because losing isn't fun and frankly that's all your good at.   And if your going to bash pikeville and say they recruit atleast get the kids names right. The kid from Menifee that transferred parents are from pikeville and they moved home and their last name is Johnson not Fleming
Heard today at the golf coarse that Pikeville is getting ready to bring in another huge haul of players to their programs. They just posted a PE teacher job this week that will bring in the Varney family from Belfry and if something doesn’t change with the softball situation at Johnson Central they will be getting up to 5 or six players from Johnson County. Also heard that the Hannah girls at Pike Central will probably be at Pikeville next year. No body will be touching the Panthers for a long time if this happens.
(05-17-2022, 09:12 PM)Nolietotell Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 10:26 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: 15TH REGION RUNS THRU PIKEVILLE AS LONG AS THE KHSAA CONTINUES TO LET THEM RECRUIT KIDS AND ALSO IN GIRLS BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL. SOON AS BASKETBALL SEASON WAS OVER THE BOYS BROUGHT IN TRANFER FLEMING FROM MENIFEE COUNTY AND THE GIRLS BROUGHT IN SPARKS FROM BELFRY. COME ON KHSAA YOU ARE LETTING PIKEVILLE MAKE A JOKE OUT OF YOU??????

You're right.  The 15th does run through Pikeville.
But it isn't nothing to do with recruiting.   For the LAST TIME. Pikeville does not recruit have never been proved of recruiting and plain and simple they don't have to recruit.  Kids want to go to pikeville bc they win. They care about winning. They're a winning school. Kids leave your schools because losing isn't fun and frankly that's all your good at.   And if your going to bash pikeville and say they recruit atleast get the kids names right. The kid from Menifee that transferred parents are from pikeville and they moved home and their last name is Johnson not Fleming

It's also, along with Harlan Independent and Paintsville Independent, the top high school academically in the mountains. Shame on parents who want their kids to get the best education available in their area lol.
I heard from in a public bathroom that 6 five star juniors are coming to Pike County, 2 to PC, 2 to SV, 1 to Belfry and 1 to Phelps…
(05-21-2022, 12:56 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Heard today at the golf coarse that Pikeville is getting ready to bring in another huge haul of players to their programs. They just posted a PE teacher job this week that will bring in the Varney family from Belfry and if something doesn’t change with the softball situation at Johnson Central they will be getting up to 5 or six players from Johnson County. Also heard that the Hannah girls at Pike Central will probably be at Pikeville next year. No body will be touching the Panthers for a long time if this happens.

I think the PE job is for the Hannah family. If the Varney boys grandfather was still alive, I would tell you that you was crazy, but with him gone and the hate old Belfry High has for Bobby Jr, that would shock me, but not as much.
HAIL pikeville has REED SHEPPARD TRANSFERRING TO PIKEVILLE. BUT HE MAKES STUFF UP
PREADATOR
Last year I told people Pike Central would be the dark horse to win the 15th region and they ended up in the finals against a tough Pikeville squad. They actually played the Panthers tougher then anyone in their first match up. Pikeville will be good again, they had a lot of talent on the bench this year and their center is gonna have a break out year. Pikeville and Central look pretty good but Shelby Valley didnt lose anybody.