Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 54 - Powell Co. 12
Breathitt & #28 roll over Powell !
Breathitt has a good football team. They are pure redneck though. They threw alot of cheapshots all night. That's the first time I have seen them play. They did hit pretty good but wasn't overly impressed with their toughness. Alot of hits after the whistle. I hope they get to play Belfry in the playoffs. I hope Belfry beats them real bad.:redboxer:
thats what i think there coach makes them play like rednecks.but they play like that in all there sports. yes the r very good at football but have no class.
Good win Breathitt!!!!
Just as I predicted. Congrats Breathitt on the win.
blitz43 Wrote:Breathitt & #28 roll over Powell !
Breathitt has a good football team. They are pure redneck though. They threw alot of cheapshots all night. That's the first time I have seen them play. They did hit pretty good but wasn't overly impressed with their toughness. Alot of hits after the whistle. I hope they get to play Belfry in the playoffs. I hope Belfry beats them real bad.:redboxer:

You all alway make excuses. Breathitt was just to much for you all.
qb destroyer Wrote:thats what i think there coach makes them play like rednecks.but they play like that in all there sports. yes the r very good at football but have no class.

Breathitt's coach is a top notch guy. Breathitt is aggressive, that is part of their intimidation. If you can't handle it, don't make excuses, that's the game, maybe it's not for you all!
estill fan Wrote:Just as I predicted. Congrats Breathitt on the win.

Looked bad! Line score shows Powell spotted Breathitt 20 in the first qtr. Played them even in the 2nd, halftime was 33-12. Powell had a chance to cut it to 33-19 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd on Breathitt's 3 yrd line. Powell fumbled, and that was that. Looks like Powell could have earned some respect, instead just go whipped!
blitz43 Wrote:Breathitt & #28 roll over Powell !

You guys refuse to quit embarrassing yourselves! I would like to see one time that you just admit you were defeated by the better team. I appreciate it, saves me alot of money on entertainment! :popcorn:
qb destroyer Wrote:thats what i think there coach makes them play like rednecks.but they play like that in all there sports. yes the r very good at football but have no class.

It's the coach now and not the refs? When will it ever be you all. Please quit embarrassing your team. This is REDNECK! You got beat, deal with it!!:mad:
Smile
Grid Iron fan Wrote:You all alway make excuses. Breathitt was just to much for you all.
You goofball. Can't you read? I said they were a good team! R-E-A-D the post. We were over powered. There is no doubt about it. What I said was:QUOTE"They are pure redneck though. They threw alot of cheapshots all night." You can beat a team and not be jerks!!Smile
Also, Breathitt-neck apologists, I HAVE NOT seen 1 post on here that says we got beat because of this or that! What HAS been said was "We got beat by a classless bunch of backwoods rednecks".
blitz43 Wrote:Also, Breathitt-neck apologists, I HAVE NOT seen 1 post on here that says we got beat because of this or that! What HAS been said was "We got beat by a classless bunch of backwoods rednecks".

That kind of post isn't exactly classy either. Remeber when you point a finger you have three more pointing back at you! :glassjoe:
Booya Wrote:That kind of post isn't exactly classy either. Remeber when you point a finger you have three more pointing back at you! :glassjoe:

Didn't claim to be classy. Just stating the facts. We got beat. You will never hear me give excuses for losing. Just hit the search button and check my posts. Also, I point with my whole hand...LOL:1: :howdy:
Booya Wrote:That kind of post isn't exactly classy either. Remeber when you point a finger you have three more pointing back at you! :glassjoe:

Very true Booya! However, I am sure those folks over in Powell County will have something to say about that. You cannot get one over on them! They will continue to prove you right and embarrass themselves! :Thumbs:
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:Very true Booya! However, I am sure those folks over in Powell County will have something to say about that. You cannot get one over on them! They will continue to prove you right and embarrass themselves! :Thumbs:

Old timer you never cease to amaze me by your posts. You are exactly right, Powell and their fans need to focus on building and not finger pointing. They will eventually be good, but they need to wait until then to talk trash and call people out.
Booya Wrote:Old timer you never cease to amaze me by your posts. You are exactly right, Powell and their fans need to focus on building and not finger pointing. They will eventually be good, but they need to wait until then to talk trash and call people out.

Thank You, I guess? Just cannot believe what some of these people are saying! If you listen to the talk, they are the best in the state, however, they continue to lose because of refs, redneck coaches, and anything else except for ................. HERE IT COMES.......... ARE YOU READY?????? The truth, they are not very GOOD!!!! Plus, they play a little REDNECK also. Confusederved:
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:Thank You, I guess? Just cannot believe what some of these people are saying! If you listen to the talk, they are the best in the state, however, they continue to lose because of refs, redneck coaches, and anything else except for ................. HERE IT COMES.......... ARE YOU READY?????? The truth, they are not very GOOD!!!! Plus, they play a little REDNECK also. Confusederved:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
blitz43 Wrote:I hope they get to play Belfry in the playoffs. I hope Belfry beats them real bad.:redboxer:

They will have to go through either Russell or Mason County before they would have a chance to play Belfry.
FBALL Wrote:They will have to go through either Russell or Mason County before they would have a chance to play Belfry.

And neither team will be a push over.
I hope it's Russell or Belfry! Either will be fine. I will travel to see them go down.
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:Thank You, I guess? Just cannot believe what some of these people are saying! If you listen to the talk, they are the best in the state, however, they continue to lose because of refs, redneck coaches, and anything else except for ................. HERE IT COMES.......... ARE YOU READY?????? The truth, they are not very GOOD!!!! Plus, they play a little REDNECK also. Confusederved:

Well said Old Timer#1. They just need to say they got beat and quit making excuses!!
WE GOT BEAT!!!!.........BY REDNECKS!!!.....NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE REDNECKS!!!......THEY WERE BETTER!!!....NOBODY COULD BEAT THEM!!!!(he said sarcasticly)...I HEARD THAT THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS TURNED THEM DOWN CAUSE THE WERE SCARED!!!...we should go ahead and crown them.......NOT!!....Sick em' Red Devils.....Make em' walk the plank Pirates of yonder Belfry!!..Bad-Breathitt-necks will go down!!.....
blitz43 Wrote:WE GOT BEAT!!!!.........BY REDNECKS!!!.....NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE REDNECKS!!!......THEY WERE BETTER!!!....NOBODY COULD BEAT THEM!!!!(he said sarcasticly)...I HEARD THAT THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS TURNED THEM DOWN CAUSE THE WERE SCARED!!!...we should go ahead and crown them.......NOT!!....Sick em' Red Devils.....Make em' walk the plank Pirates of yonder Belfry!!..Bad-Breathitt-necks will go down!!.....

Personally, I'd love to see them get DERAILED..... Go Neers!!!!
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:Personally, I'd love to see them get DERAILED..... Go Neers!!!!

:Thumbs:
quit making excuses powell .. if it would have been any team but breathitt the way powell they would have been a closer game .. breathitt is good .. I did see alot of good things out of powell tho .. Billy Rice and Jesse Rose tried to keep them in the game by making big plays .. #28 for breathitt is one heck of a player
Was the game really that dirty. Wow.
FBALL Wrote:Was the game really that dirty. Wow.

Same question. How many penalties were called on Breathitt for all those cheap shots, late hits or for just being "agressive"? BTW, for those of you who want a Breathitt - Belfry matchup better worry that Russell/ Mason Co. and Somerset don't knock them both off.
I think alot of people ASSUME that Breathitt County is soft on defense because they pass the ball alot. But they didn't win three state championships by being finesse. They are usually undersized compared to the team they are playing, but they usually win because they out hit them and thier kids are as strong as bulls from the work they have done in the weightroom.

You have to have a good understanding of the game to know when and where (place on the field) you can hit people and not get a 15 yd. penalty. If Powell Co. doesn't like it, they should work and get better - instead of just talking a good game on BGR. It ain't playing dirty if you don't get caught by the officials.
Ok. Lets just be honest with ourselves here. Powell hasnt had a winning football program since...well...they never have. Breathitt has had a standout program for years now. Breathitt plays a completely different style of football. It's the winning style. Powell is not used to that. Please stop embarassing Powell County...not all of us are rednecks.