Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Possible New Transfer Rule
(02-24-2022, 09:58 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 01:03 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Thankfully Joe Burrow was allowed to transfer

Also guess what some kids really want a chance to win state championships. Sometimes the group that a player might be with, the place his parents live, might just not be very good. Yeah sports are fun when you’re with your buddies but winning is also fun. If you’re a really good player on a mediocre or below average team, why begrudge a kid that wants to go somewhere and compete for championships? Kids only get 4 years of high school sports, well these days some get 5, but the point is it’s a small window. If a kid wants to stay for his friends and loyalty that’s admirable. If a kid wants to leave and get a fresh start or increase their chances of success well that’s admirable too. Theres positives and negatives associated with both decisions. Why get worked up over either. Don’t Worry, Be Happy
It's just a game, and life is not a fairy tale. We can't always win, and there's no glory in winning with players that are not even from where the school is.
Tell that to the kids after they’ve won a state title.
(02-24-2022, 10:32 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 09:37 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 12:24 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 01:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 01:51 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: Not trying to justify anything. No need to. Just simply stating a fact that kids shouldn’t have to be forced to stay loyal to a place that is more concerned with political interests than giving kids the best possible school they can both in the classroom and in sports. The grass is always greener where it’s watered….
We all know what "watered" means. kids should go to school and play where they live.
What exactly does "watered" mean, for those of us who don't know...

It's hard to tell if this is meant to be a question, but I ignore dumb questions.
I don't know what you mean by watered..elaborate.

Had a guy tell me the other day as they say the grass is greener on the other side, but what they can't see is usually there is a septic tank leaking making the grass greener LOL.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • HurryUp1001
(02-23-2022, 05:28 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 12:09 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: We should all ask Douglass how they do it. I mean heck they have been doing transfers since after their 1st season. Now look, another QB from a nearby county is transferring in. Those nearby apartments are getting into good use.
I was waiting for someone to mention that. I have known for awhile also they were after another QB that was offered by UK, guess that fell through.  I was like not again are you kidding me.  Feel sorry for the kids that thought they were going to get a chance, that's life I guess.

(02-23-2022, 12:09 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: We should all ask Douglass how they do it. I mean heck they have been doing transfers since after their 1st season. Now look, another QB from a nearby county is transferring in. Those nearby apartments are getting into good use.
You mean during there 1st, just couldn't get him eligible until almost playoff time.
Are you talking about the kid from LaRue? Yeah he was a possibility for douglass, but did not work out.... but they got another qb from a county that touches Fayette Co. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(02-24-2022, 10:51 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 01:03 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Thankfully Joe Burrow was allowed to transfer

Also guess what some kids really want a chance to win state championships. Sometimes the group that a player might be with, the place his parents live, might just not be very good. Yeah sports are fun when you’re with your buddies but winning is also fun. If you’re a really good player on a mediocre or below average team, why begrudge a kid that wants to go somewhere and compete for championships? Kids only get 4 years of high school sports, well these days some get 5, but the point is it’s a small window. If a kid wants to stay for his friends and loyalty that’s admirable. If a kid wants to leave and get a fresh start or increase their chances of success well that’s admirable too. Theres positives and negatives associated with both decisions. Why get worked up over either. Don’t Worry, Be Happy
It's just a game, and life is not a fairy tale. We can't always win, and there's no glory in winning with players that are not even from where the school is.
Bingo. You can't always win, but when you can, don't you think you'd rather do that than lose and say at least we lost with the kids that were here?
(02-24-2022, 11:28 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 05:28 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
I was waiting for someone to mention that. I have known for awhile also they were after another QB that was offered by UK, guess that fell through.  I was like not again are you kidding me.  Feel sorry for the kids that thought they were going to get a chance, that's life I guess.

You mean during there 1st, just couldn't get him eligible until almost playoff time.
Are you talking about the kid from LaRue? Yeah he was a possibility for douglass, but did not work out.... but they got another qb from a county that touches Fayette Co. lol
You know what I know.
I thought the whole point of high school sports is to represent the community you grew up in and try to win a championship for your community. It’s hard to tell which areas have most of the best talent because just about all of the good teams are full of out of district kids and transfers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • pjdoug
High school about as bad college these days. Ain’t no loyalty but how can there be with all the good ole boy hometown politics in high school sports.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-24-2022, 11:28 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 10:51 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:

Bingo. You can't always win, but when you can, don't you think you'd rather do that than lose and say at least we lost with the kids that were here?
NO!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Even if they vote against this, the state BOE did away with school districts and said kids can transfer to any school, without penalty, if their parents feel they will receive a better education. No matter what KHSAA rules, the transfer rule will be blown to hell next year in court rooms. KHSAA works for the BOE, whether they realize it or not.
(03-22-2022, 07:02 PM)bball_fan Wrote: Even if they vote against this, the state BOE did away with school districts and said kids can transfer to any school, without penalty, if their parents feel they will receive a better education. No matter what KHSAA rules, the transfer rule will be blown to hell next year in court rooms. KHSAA works for the BOE, whether they realize it or not.
Have they decided one way or other on Transfer rule?
whats the chances this rule is in place by august?
Should be in place by June I’d think.