Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs Ashland forfeit?
Paintsville was supposed to play Ashland tonight, but its listed as a forfeit win for Ashland on KHSAA scoreboard.  Also says that Paintsville is playing Martin County instead.....

Anybody have any details on this?
Was out pre-game came on Dicky said Paintsville scared and forgot to get on the bus. Was suppose to be a girls boys double header. Girls showed up.
Too funny...Paintsville basketball taking a page out of Paintsville football playbook. You better get a big down payment if you schedule Paintsville in case they don't show up. Sad, the fine citizens of Paintsville don't deserve to be repeatedly humiliated.
Come on people, they have nothing to gain by playing these big 3A schools...sorry, that was football.
^^^No in football they cancelled on 2A LCA
Paintsville went to Martin Co and lost but to be clear they will be very tough vs Pikeville Tuesday if the game happens.
I been saying this for years, Pikeville will step up to the plate and play Johnson central or Ashland in football just as they already play belfry every year and scrimmaged JC last year and held their own. Paintsvilles football coward-ness is transferring over to basketball if they hadn’t turned into North P-Burg they’d already have dropped out on the 57th district by now if they could find a way. I’ve heard from multiple sources that Ashland offered them to just reschedule but Paintsville refused while they both had the next 3 days off.
(02-11-2022, 10:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Too funny...Paintsville basketball taking a page out of Paintsville football playbook.  You better get a big down payment if you schedule Paintsville in case they don't show up. Sad, the fine citizens of Paintsville don't deserve to be repeatedly humiliated.
I say this with love but just shut all the way up haha! just kidding JP, kinda lol 

I’m assuming Paintsville canceled with Ashland to get this district game in, I know this game counted in district seeding which is now a 3-way tie. 

Paintsville haters are the best! (Not pointed towards you specifically JP)
^^^They had several days to play Martin Co.! I'm not really a hater lol, just have to get the zingers on Paintsville before they hit you haha. Somebody is going to have to play a great game to put Paintsville out of the postseason.
(02-12-2022, 06:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^They had several days to play Martin Co.! I'm not really a hater lol, just have to get the zingers on Paintsville before they hit you haha. Somebody is going to have to play a great game to put Paintsville out of the postseason.
Need to get everyone healthy. Ratliff didn’t play last night.
Two losses in one night. Great job guys, that’s hard to do.
Y’all go check out the two schools remaining schedule before you make yourself look like even bigger fools. I seriously doubt MC would want to play a district game after playing 3-5 days in a row. Same for Paintsville.

The level of hate for one of the smallest Class A schools in the state is baffling at times.
Paintsville had an obligation to play Ashland. Unless there is more to this story than has been told, canceling the game to play a weaker team, whether it was a district game or not, was not an honorable thing to do. If keeping its commitment to play Ashland would have resulted in a lower tournament seed, then that was no excuse.
(02-13-2022, 01:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Paintsville had an obligation to play Ashland. Unless there is more to this story than has been told, canceling the game to play a weaker team, whether it was a district game or not, was not an honorable thing to do. If keeping its commitment to play Ashland would have resulted in a lower tournament seed, then that was no excuse.
Whatever man. It’s basketball, games get canceled. Just another hater.
Can't lose if you don't play!
(02-13-2022, 05:13 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 01:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Paintsville had an obligation to play Ashland. Unless there is more to this story than has been told, canceling the game to play a weaker team, whether it was a district game or not, was not an honorable thing to do. If keeping its commitment to play Ashland would have resulted in a lower tournament seed, then that was no excuse.
Not a hater  - just a man who knows right from wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Blue dawg, Ky1976
(02-13-2022, 06:59 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Must tigers don’t know left from right, let alone right from wrong.
I very rarely post on the Tiger basketball threads. To be honest, I’m a little embarrassed to be a basketball alumni because of SOME of the attitudes. I know that will piss some people off, but I don’t give a shit. If some of the Tiger fans read this and have a problem with it, I can assure ya that there are A LOT of fans that feel the same way, they just don’t speak about it around certain people because it would spread like a wildfire and the drama just ain’t worth it to them. Me, I don’t care. 

With that being said and out of the way, Paintsville is living rent free in some of y’alls heads and it’s hilarious.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I just hope when I get there this evening the gym isn't dark and locked up haha...
Should be a great game with big crowd and max intensity.
(02-15-2022, 02:05 AM)Redneck Wrote: I very rarely post on the Tiger basketball threads. To be honest, I’m a little embarrassed to be a basketball alumni because of SOME of the attitudes. I know that will piss some people off, but I don’t give a shit. If some of the Tiger fans read this and have a problem with it, I can assure ya that there are A LOT of fans that feel the same way, they just don’t speak about it around certain people because it would spread like a wildfire and the drama just ain’t worth it to them. Me, I don’t care. 

With that being said and out of the way, Paintsville is living rent free in some of y’alls heads and it’s hilarious.

Bill Mike didn't really like you. Sorry.
(02-15-2022, 10:23 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 02:05 AM)Redneck Wrote: I very rarely post on the Tiger basketball threads. To be honest, I’m a little embarrassed to be a basketball alumni because of SOME of the attitudes. I know that will piss some people off, but I don’t give a shit. If some of the Tiger fans read this and have a problem with it, I can assure ya that there are A LOT of fans that feel the same way, they just don’t speak about it around certain people because it would spread like a wildfire and the drama just ain’t worth Big Grin Big Grin it to them. Me, I don’t care. 

Big Grin Big Grin 

Coach Runyon wouldn’t put up with some of this nonsense that’s been going on. That’s a fact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-15-2022, 02:06 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 02:05 AM)Redneck Wrote: I very rarely post on the Tiger basketball threads. To be honest, I’m a little embarrassed to be a basketball alumni because of SOME of the attitudes. I know that will piss some people off, but I don’t give a shit. If some of the Tiger fans read this and have a problem with it, I can assure ya that there are A LOT of fans that feel the same way, they just don’t speak about it around certain people because it would spread like a wildfire and the drama just ain’t worth Big Grin Big Grin it to them. Me, I don’t care. 

Big Grin Big Grin 

Coach Runyon wouldn’t put up with some of this nonsense that’s been going on. That’s a fact.
They don’t live rent free in no ones head, 100% of their problem should’ve been Prestonsburgs problem. I’ve never saw such but you can’t expect a coach to do anything when mommy’s encouraging them to act out.

Big Grin Big Grin 

Haha thanks for being a good sport. I love Coach Runyon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-15-2022, 04:07 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin

Haha thanks for being a good sport. I love Coach Runyon.
If ya can’t have a sense of humor and have fun, ya don’t need to get on here, lol. Have ya ever seen the Paintsville/Raceland football threads  Big Grin
Your opinion on this matter clearly says otherwise, on both issues
(02-15-2022, 05:22 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
What a deep response.
(02-15-2022, 09:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
What a deep response.
Wanted to make sure someone as shallow as you could comprehend. Let’s just agree to disagree, again, and keep it moving. Good luck to the Eagles in all endeavors, I genuinely want them to succeed except of course when they play the Tigers.
(02-15-2022, 10:24 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 05:13 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Whatever man. It’s basketball, games get canceled. Just another hater.
What a deep response.
Wanted to make sure someone as shallow as you could comprehend. Let’s just agree to disagree, again, and keep it moving. Good luck to the Eagles in all endeavors, I genuinely want them to succeed except of course when they play the Tigers.
Oh, I understand a school not keeping its commitments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • 2000PHS