7.  Knott
8.  Wolfe
9.  Leslie
10.  Buckhorn
11.  Lee
12.  Owsley
13.  Jackson City
14.  Cordia
How can you rank anyone above Hazard????? They didnt lose hardly anyone.

1. Hazard
2. Estill
3. Perry
4. Breathitt
5. Letcher
Even though Perry did return most of their team and will be one of the top contenders this year, it is hard for me not to have Hazard at the 1 spot in the preseason rankings. They have won what 5 straight regions now?
1. Breathitt ( Has all the pieces to be really good this year. Well coached and a ton of talent)
2. Perry ( should be really solid this year. Have good talent and experience)
3. Hazard ( can't ever count a team out who has run the 14th region for a while now. Wont be as solid as years past but bank on it they can still win any game in the 14th region they play)
4. Estill ( will be solid and could easily slide up a spot or two in my opinion. )
5. Letcher ( should be solid)
6. Powell ( Should be decent, ton of talent if used right. Pitching will be the only issue)
7. Wolfe ( Best young team in the 14th region. Could see them rise up and surprise several teams this season. in a year or two they will be very very good)
8. Knott ( Lost a ton of talent and will be down this year.)
How anyone can’t say Hazard is #1 is smoking something. Lost Jared Napier and that’s it. Estill have several of their kids back with plenty pitching. Perry has everyone back but do they have enough pitching to win a bunch of games? Breathitt no way is #1. Andrew Combs can’t pitch every game. I have heard that Wyatt Hensley is moving to Breathitt after basketball season is over. If he comes, that may be the difference maker.
Hazard returns all but 2 I think and adds a couple younger guys that can fill those spots. I think this Hazard team will be better than last year's team. Now that doesn't guarantee anything as Breathitt, Perry, and Estill will be right there. Not sure what Powell and Letcher returns but they are usually quite competitive as well. I do agree with the post about Wolfe. They have some really good young talent and I was impressed with their team when I saw them in region last year.
Hazard lost Shoptaw as well. Hazard will be good no doubt. Breathitt has Combs and Bellamy and I've heard they have a kid that has made huge strides in the off season and is probably as good as Combs and Bellamy both on the mound. Wolfe has a new coach that has a proven track record and will have those kids ready. I still think Breathitt is as good as anybody but I could see Hazard right in the mix along with Estill. You heard it here first look out for Wolfe, they are going to shock some teams this year. Several young kids throwing the ball well and hitting their spots and probably the most improved catcher in the 14th region.
Wolfe will continue to improve each year for the next few years. The most important thing for them is to learn what it takes to win against good teams. Developing their pitchers will also have a big part in how good they can be. They have several really good YOUNG arms but not sure any of them are ready to pitch 7 innings in a high school game yet.
(02-09-2022, 06:02 PM)baseballfan06 Wrote: 1. Breathitt ( Has all the pieces to be really good this year. Well coached and a ton of talent)
2. Perry ( should be really solid this year. Have good talent and experience)
3. Hazard ( can't ever count a team out who has run the 14th region for a while now. Wont be as solid as years past but bank on it they can still win any game in the 14th region they play)
4. Estill ( will be solid and could easily slide up a spot or two in my opinion. )
5. Letcher ( should be solid)
6. Powell ( Should be decent, ton of talent if used right. Pitching will be the only issue)
7. Wolfe ( Best young team in the 14th region. Could see them rise up and surprise several teams this season. in a year or two they will be very very good)
8. Knott ( Lost a ton of talent and will be down this year.)
Knott lost a lot of talent but have players that has talent that will finally get a chance to show they can play baseball. By end of season don’t overlook them.
Estills Thomas Forehand has been participating in PBR baseball this off-season. Will be Estills best pitcher and easily one of the top players in the region.

Can't wait for the season to get started. I'm ready for some baseball.
How is big Thomas doing? Heard he hurt his knee in a wreck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Upthemiddel
Been doing good. Like I said hes been participating with PBR past couple weeks and has looked tremendous.
Hazard
Breathitt
Perry
Hazard
Estill
Perry
Breathitt

Any 4 can beat one another on any given day.
[-] The following 2 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • Bluecat, Upthemiddel
(02-15-2022, 04:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: How is big Thomas doing?  Heard he hurt his knee in a wreck.
Thomas was in a rollover and came out sore only in August.  Friends in Estill say he's in gym, a barn 6 days a week and may not recognize him, except for THE Beard on this JR. Estill has to fill Powell's all around production, Hix in left field. Flynn, Forehand, Brewer & Canyon Hix will provide solid pitching staff with the experience of Waddell keeping them tuned in.  EC should be pretty strong on offense led by Niece, Waddell, Forehand, Henry and Hix. Defense will be fine after some experimenting early, Niece, Forehand and Henry and Waddell should make for a secure infield, outfield will settle in and be fast and see rotations. May have a couple surprises suit up after Basketball that will add to good lineup.  EC has some young talent will help in relief out of Bull Pen, spot starts etc.  Crowe and staff wii have them competitive and break in New Faclities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Upthemiddel's post:
  • DukeBoy
Powell has some good young players, if they’re not competitive this year they will be in the foreseeable future. Easily district title contenders.
1. Hazard
2. Estill
3. Perry

One of these three will win the region and all are solid.
Hazard is deserving of the top spot until proven otherwise. Always in the mix at the end but Perry and Breathitt will be strong contenders.
1. Hazard
2. Perry
3. Estill
4. Breathitt
5. Powell
6. Letcher
(03-16-2022, 04:25 PM)The Revenant Wrote: Hazard is deserving of the top spot until proven otherwise. Always in the mix at the end but Perry and Breathitt will be strong contenders.
1. Hazard
2. Perry
3. Estill
4. Breathitt
5. Powell
6. Letcher
I just don’t see Powell this high. I heard Wolfe beat Powell in a scrimmage last week and it really wasn’t even close. Powell doesn’t have the talent they once had