Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 80 Clay County 76
Final from earlier today in Manchester.   Good effort by the kids from Clay.  They are making some strides. This was a regression by Corbin from the way they played against Harlan County.
Clay County showing improvement. Glen Gray doesn’t get the credit he deserves. The guy is a good coach.
(02-06-2022, 12:12 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Clay County showing improvement.  Glen Gray doesn’t get the credit he deserves.  The guy is a good coach.

Thank you very much. I thought I was alone on an island here. Gray can coach!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Wildcats94
I’m not saying he’s a bad coach, but if you are Clay County you have to be very unhappy with the program since he took over.
Clay had a nice game plan.That team is starting to improve at the right time.
(02-06-2022, 04:13 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 12:12 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Clay County showing improvement.  Glen Gray doesn’t get the credit he deserves.  The guy is a good coach.

Thank you very much. I thought I was alone on an island here. Gray can coach!!!
It's time Gray gets some credit. Keep coaching hard GG.
Will Clay be a regional contender next year with everyone returning?
(02-07-2022, 02:31 PM)nedreader Wrote: Will Clay be a regional contender next year with everyone returning?
Clay is just beginning to compete, and this is a good game by these guys but regional contender? They had a good game plan against a team full of flaws and (IMO) lackluster coaching. Hopefully clay can build for the future starting within the grade schools, but after a close game with corbin you can’t think they will be up on the list with North, south, Harlan County, etc.
(02-07-2022, 02:31 PM)nedreader Wrote: Will Clay be a regional contender next year with everyone returning?
I think so !! Go GG !!
LOL.....all I can say is other schools better hope Clay keeps Gray around a little while longer because you all are having a feast right now. You all know he is horrible and build him up in hopes Clay will keep him. Just know that as long as he wants the job it is his.
(02-09-2022, 05:12 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote: LOL.....all I can say is other schools better hope Clay keeps Gray around a little while longer because you all are having a feast right now.  You all know he is horrible and build him up in hopes Clay will keep him.  Just know that as long as he wants the job it is his.

He has beaten all the other good coaches in the 13th multiple times. This year, he is short on talent but his kids play hard and they are getting better. Anyone who says he is a bad coach is just letting their personal animosity get in the way. Glenn can coach.
Gray and the father and son photographer duo are probably still strutting around like peacocks after the Corbin LOSS...LOL. Gray just won't develop the players between now and next season. Nobody even gets up to play Clay anymore...
#runitintotheground
#moralvictorieslol
#50fansinthegym
#readtheenterpriseforinstructions
Wow Corbin must be REALLY bad.
(02-10-2022, 01:36 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Wow Corbin must be REALLY bad.

No, they are not bad.  They needed Patterson in order to be right there in the top two or three in the region.
Yep, 6 and 19.  He is awesome.  Best coach I’ve seen at clay in a long time.  LOL.
LOL we are at a point where Clay County fans are excited to be 6-19.
Clay is 1 player away from being a contender. Can't always blame the coach. You work with what you got.
Outsider looking in.
Bell took clay to the woodshed last night, I would think this game was more of an anomaly, than the rule.
(02-11-2022, 01:31 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Clay is 1 player away from being a contender. Can't always blame the coach. You work with what you got.
Outsider looking in.
1 player away from making a 6-19 team a contender? You gotta be joking
Gray is a BIG part of the reason there isn't a ton of talent on the roster.
#reapwhatyousew
#cantpolishaturd
#falsehope
#looktotheenterprise
#fallinline
#yut
(02-11-2022, 02:08 PM)CatsFan99 Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 01:31 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Clay is 1 player away from being a contender. Can't always blame the coach. You work with what you got.
Outsider looking in.
1 player away from making a 6-19 team a contender? You gotta be joking

No sir.
But maybe competitive was a better word.

(02-11-2022, 02:31 PM)nedreader Wrote: Gray is a BIG part of the reason there isn't a ton of talent on the roster.
#reapwhatyousew
#cantpolishaturd
#falsehope
#looktotheenterprise
#fallinline
#yut

Can't argue that,like I said, outsider looking in.
(02-11-2022, 01:34 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Bell took clay to the woodshed last night, I would think this game was more of an anomaly, than the rule.

And then Bell followed that up by losing to Rockastle County.

If NL doesn't win the region this time around, Valentine should be asked to pack his bags.
Outsider looking in.
1 player away????? Are you serious.......Gray had a team the previous 4 years with just as much talent as any team in the region and did nothing.  This years team isn't the most talented but they do play hard......and even with what he has this year there is no excuse for only winning 6 games.

(02-12-2022, 10:15 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 01:34 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Bell took clay to the woodshed last night, I would think this game was more of an anomaly, than the rule.

And then Bell followed that up by losing to Rockastle County.

If NL doesn't win the region this time around, Valentine should be asked to pack his bags.
Now Valentine has beat some really good teams and coaches in his tenor.  Why should they ask him to pack his bags if North doesn't win the regional title???? I mean North should have won it last year and honestly the year before but couldn't get over the Knox Central hump....... I mean you say all the time Gray is a good coach and has beat good teams and Clay people are crazy for putting all the blame on him.