Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 80 - Harlan County 68
Final from Breathitt County. Christian Collins finished the game with 3 big dunks. Good win for the Bobcats. 
Congratulations to Breathitt.
Good win.
(02-03-2022, 11:36 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Congratulations to Breathitt.
Good win.
Congrats bobcats! How did Noah play?
Bobcats gonna be hard to beat at home in the Region this year. They are a matchup nightmare for any team in the region.
(02-04-2022, 12:30 AM)Wildcats94 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 11:36 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Congratulations to Breathitt.
Good win.
Congrats bobcats! How did Noah play?

He ended up with 29 I think
I think Sperry showed last night that he’s the best freshman in the mountains regardless of rankings. Gets it done on both ends of the court.
(02-04-2022, 01:58 PM)momentoftruth Wrote: I think Sperry showed last night that he’s the best freshman in the mountains  regardless of rankings. Gets it done on both ends of the court.
“freshman”
Bobcats are by no means a young team. Turner is a true senior, sperry is a two time hold back so he’s a true junior. Bellamy, Collins and Hoskins should be seniors as they are hold backs too. This bobcat team in reality is a old team. However all kids in the 14th seem to be hold backs
(02-04-2022, 02:51 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Bobcats are by no means a young team. Turner is a true senior, sperry is a two time hold back so he’s a true junior. Bellamy, Collins and Hoskins should be seniors as they are hold backs too. This bobcat team in reality is a old team. However all kids in the 14th seem to be hold backs
Certainly not true. Sperry had never held back until the covid bill.
Age is all that matters. As long as you don’t turn 19 before August 1st your senior year, you’re good to go. The rule is in place to police the age of high school athletes. Holding back is actually irrelevant.
(02-07-2022, 06:01 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Age is all that matters. As long as you don’t turn 19 before August 1st your senior year, you’re good to go.  The rule is in place to police the age of high school athletes.  Holding back is actually irrelevant.
Well aware, just correcting the record for someone speaking from a false base of knowledge acting like they knew something they didn't.
Yep, using “holdback” to describe a kid is misleading. It suggests the kid is older than everyone else in their grade, which is not true. I’ve always despised that narrative.
(02-07-2022, 06:17 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: Yep, using “holdback” to describe a kid is misleading.  It suggests the kid is older than everyone else in their grade, which is not true.  I’ve always despised that narrative.
I agree. And truth is any kid who had repeated a grade prior to high school wouldn't have been able to repeat under the Bill because of the age restriction you mentioned. So to tag him as a "two time holdback who should be a junior" was just wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • TheProfessor33
Ok I stand corrected about sperry. I honestly thought he was a hold back in elementary school. So he should be a sophomore instead of a junior, which is impressive with his ability. But all the other players I take it is true what I said. Bobcats are a old team which will be way better next year. Turner is by far the best athlete but he hardly displays it on the court. Some nights he may get 10 some nights he doesn’t score, so losing him won’t be a huge loss next year
(02-07-2022, 09:22 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Ok I stand corrected about sperry. I honestly thought he was a hold back in elementary school. So he should be a sophomore instead of a junior, which is impressive with his ability. But all the other players I take it is true what I said. Bobcats are a old team which will be way better next year. Turner is by far the best athlete but he hardly displays it on the court. Some nights he may get 10 some nights he doesn’t score, so losing him won’t be a huge loss next year

Jaylen is averaging somewhere around 7 points, 6 rebounds. While those numbers are lower than some, his presence will definitely be missed on that floor next year. He can play all 5 spots on the floor and play them well. He is very athletic and makes big plays that isn’t statistically tracked.
Combs will step in to that spot next year unless they get a few from the portal. JT is more of a defensive stopper and garbage man type player. All great teams have a kid or two like him. JT is very good.
(02-07-2022, 05:54 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 02:51 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Bobcats are by no means a young team. Turner is a true senior, sperry is a two time hold back so he’s a true junior. Bellamy, Collins and Hoskins should be seniors as they are hold backs too. This bobcat team in reality is a old team. However all kids in the 14th seem to be hold backs
Certainly not true. Sperry had never held back until the covid bill.
Sperry turned 16yrs old at the beginning of the school year so yeah it’s most likely he started school late/or held back in grade school and then took advantage of the Covid year. (Good Birthday) Regardless of age he is a very good player and well advanced for a 16yr old. 

Breathitt is still pretty young. Will have everyone back next year minus Turner
I thought he was older than one year hold back. Wouldn’t that make him 19 to start his senior year and make him ineligible
(02-09-2022, 12:22 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I thought he was older than one year hold back. Wouldn’t that make him 19 to start his senior year and make him ineligible
If he turned 16 after august 1st of his freshman year, he’s still eligible. I was 13 turning 14 going into my freshman year so at least in my own thoughts, he’s got an advantage.
Ok. Gotcha
If you fail to take advantage of holding your child back, or you didn't hold your child back during Covid, then that's on the parents. It kills me to here parents complain and say it's unfair, or puts other kids at a disadvantage, because everyone has or had, the opportunity to do so. So as long as they turn nineteen, after August during their Senior year, it's fair game.
(02-09-2022, 01:18 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If you fail to take advantage of holding your child back, or you didn't hold your child back during Covid, then that's on the parents. It kills me to here parents complain and say it's unfair, or puts other kids at a disadvantage, because everyone has or had, the opportunity to do so. So as long as they turn nineteen, after August during their Senior year, it's fair game.

Sperry needs to play under control more and limit turnovers. Could work on outside shot, but he is a tremendous athlete and gets up and down the court 
The thing that wasn’t fair is getting another GOOD YEAR of high school sports. Staying back in Elementary school isn’t even comparable. Feel bad for the kids that retained back in grade school, missed a year of GOOD high school sports. Kids don’t learn hardly anything in grade school ball. Not many quality coaches. I’m sure no kid would stayed back in grade school knowing they’d get another year of HS if they went on. But it is what it is.