Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 - Lyon County 60
Breathitt rallies back and beats Lyon Co by 2 at All A State Tournament. Good win for John Noble and the Bobcats.
How many missed layups did Lyon county have tonight? Would of won by double digits had they made them. Credit to Breathitt for rallying back.
Great Job Bobcats and Coach Noble
Big comeback for the Bobcats against a very good Lyon county team. Coach Noble has to be proud of the effort and will his kids displayed on the court.
RockyRoadHow many missed layups did Lyon county have tonight? Would of won by double digits had they made them. Credit to Breathitt for rallying back.

Think how much better BHS would’ve done if they had gotten back on transition defense and cut out the stupid turnovers.   I thought shot selection was much much better tonight  They played with much more heart and energy which showed in the press late in the game.  BHS wanted the game more and it showed.  If they could cut out the mental errors, keep playing with tremendous intensity, and somehow get Turner going, the sky is the limited for this bunch.  You don’t often win with that many turnovers against a good team.
Stupid turnovers are part of the game unfortunately. Usually the team with the most loses. Every thing you said wannacat happens at every single level of basketball. If BHS played perfect basketball they’d never lose and they would always win by 30.
Breathitt seems to play better in tournament settings feels like. They had a lot of unforced turnovers in the 1st quarter. If they can keep their offense rolling without the unforced turnovers, make good shot selection, and play solid defense without getting in foul trouble, they will be dangerous come post season I do believe.
(01-28-2022, 11:40 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Stupid turnovers are part of the game unfortunately.  Usually the team with the most loses.  Every thing you said wannacat happens at every single level of basketball.  If BHS played perfect basketball they’d never lose and they would always win by 30.
Ok.  20 30 turnovers don’t happens every game.  That is what needs corrected.  They won last night but it was far from perfect.  The amount of Unforced turnovers can be corrected is what I’m saying, Adolph.  Getting back on defense can be corrected.  Never said anything about a perfect game.  That’s why the season is played to get better and prepare for the tournament.  Otherwise, would just start with district tournament play and be done with it.  This is my thoughts on what needs improvement.  My thoughts. Maybe right, probably not, but my thoughts. This is a discussion board. A place I can voice my thoughts.
Good win.
I have wondered if Turner not involved in the offense is by design from the coaching staff or what. Seemed much more active last year.
(01-28-2022, 11:34 AM)wannacat Wrote: RockyRoadHow many missed layups did Lyon county have tonight? Would of won by double digits had they made them. Credit to Breathitt for rallying back.

Think how much better BHS would’ve done if they had gotten back on transition defense and cut out the stupid turnovers.   I thought shot selection was much much better tonight  They played with much more heart and energy which showed in the press late in the game.  BHS wanted the game more and it showed.  If they could cut out the mental errors, keep playing with tremendous intensity, and somehow get Turner going, the sky is the limited for this bunch.  You don’t often win with that many turnovers against a good team.
A big man is only as good as a guard buys into.If they play with the biggy it makes everybody better period