Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Pineville
Who do we think is next in line to take over the Mountain Lions program?
I would imagine the middle school coach or possible Vaughn Hatcher from Williamsburg or a Bell Co assistant. I can assure you no one from the lower end of Bell is interested.
I know Williamsburg very well! I doubt Hatcher is the man. He has always been a jacket and I imagine he always will be. However, Pineville's middle school coach won alot last year. So, there might be some fire there!
(02-01-2022, 08:33 PM)Yellerjacket Wrote: I would imagine the middle school coach or possible Vaughn Hatcher from Williamsburg or a Bell Co assistant. I can assure you no one from the lower end of Bell is interested.
I was told 2 of Bell County assistants have already applied. PM for names, Fact

One of our hometown guys was there yesterday all day. College coach, Brian Williams. This could be a big hire for Pineville.
This is a big decision for Pineville just because they have really struggled in every other boys sport for a bit, with enrollment being critical having something to make the boys want to be there is important and if this goes south could really hurt enrollment. Which may not be as big a deal as it was before the legislation last year, but still something a smaller school like Pineville always has to consider.
(02-02-2022, 03:38 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: This is a big decision for Pineville just because they have really struggled in every other boys sport for a bit, with enrollment being critical having something to make the boys want to be there is important and if this goes south could really hurt enrollment. Which may not be as big a deal as it was before the legislation last year, but still something a smaller school like Pineville always has to consider.
Very true, Pineville is struggling hard with enrollment and funding. They need something as small as a halfway decent football team to keep the male population afloat. It will also keep enough for cheerleaders. A big group of seniors is leaving and there is not much left to build with so hopefully they can pull a huge hire. Anyways, I expect either one of the two bell county assistants, or even the bell county middle school coach as he has proven that he can build a program.
Any chance an assistant with Pineville could get this job?
Why does pineville not have a lot of boys play football, will some kids leave Bell or Middlesboro if a Bell coach gets the job
(02-06-2022, 11:38 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Why does pineville not have a lot of boys play football, will some kids leave Bell or Middlesboro if a Bell coach gets the job
It is possible a few would leave. Personally, it would matter the who the coach was. Hearing names of a couple of the applicants gives me some concern that a couple underclassmen at bell would follow, maybe not the upperclassmen that have already devoted most of their youth to a winning program and dudley. Who knows about the older kids tho they continue to confuse me, like how the last 3 years a bell transfer has made big impacts on the pineville program. There is one coach that i believe could attract most of the attention in the county but i doubt if he is truly considered.
Isn't Pineville very small, enrollment wise?
(02-07-2022, 03:14 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: Isn't Pineville very small, enrollment wise?
Almost nothing, but find a way to be competitive sports wise.
I will be interested to see if they reach out to any young coaches that are from that area, but are out at different programs throughout the state.
I heard a couple Bell assistants have interviewed for the job.
(02-16-2022, 12:31 AM)ArJay Wrote: I heard a couple Bell assistants have interviewed for the job.
Would hate to see some leave, but would also love to see some leave…
fingers crossed they mess this hire up ..
I misread this thread title and nearly had a heart attack….LOL!!!
Rumors I've heard expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
(02-16-2022, 02:14 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Rumors I've heard expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
Has these Rumors came true
Any news yet?
(02-17-2022, 11:31 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 02:14 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Rumors I've heard expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
Has these Rumors came true

I'd expect it to be public knowledge sometime this afternoon once school is over for the day. I don't believe they are going to do a formal introduction/press conference until next week but it's my understanding they've made a decision.
Allen Harris is new HC at Pineville
Was he let go at Lynn Camp? Anyone know why?
I doubt any Bell Co kids would go to Pineville with that hire.
Allen Harris isn’t a bad hire, but there will be minimal players leave Bell for him. He’s a great guy and great coach from what I’ve seen. Could’ve got better IMO. Guess it’s better to get a decent hire rather than shoot for the stars and miss and end up with a dead beat. Good luck Coach Harris!! even if he’s coaching them nasty lions…
No offense to Harris but I sure am glad it’s him leaving and not the other Bell coach. Good luck!
(02-18-2022, 05:17 AM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: No offense to Harris but I sure am glad it’s him leaving and not the other Bell coach. Good luck!

Harris is top notch and as good as anyone on Dudley's staff last year. Honestly I had hoped he'd stick around and be in the running in a few years.
(02-18-2022, 11:13 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 05:17 AM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: No offense to Harris but I sure am glad it’s him leaving and not the other Bell coach. Good luck!

Harris is top notch and as good as anyone on Dudley's staff last year. Honestly I had hoped he'd stick around and be in the running in a few years.
Hate to see him go he was a good one, best on the staff… stretch. Would take Harbin and Napier over him because their relationship with the players. But he’s definitely qualified to become a head coach and wish him the best. Heard the other coach interviewed from Bell was Amis, and heard Amis was interviewed somewhere else as well as an assistant. I was hoping Amis would get the job at Pineville so them Lions would run themselves into the ground. Smile
How you can say he’s the best coach on Bells staff after a very limited role for one season obviously says a lot about your relationship with him haha. Napier and Harbin do all the defense and they do it very well. Dudley and Amis do all the offense and as far as I know Dudley trusts him as much as anybody which is very rare. The o line coach we brought in from middlesboro done the lords work this year with the hand he was dealt. I’m sure Harris will do a great job as the head man again just didn’t see him do a whole lot with our program
(02-18-2022, 03:48 PM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: How you can say he’s the best coach on Bells staff after a very limited role for one season obviously says a lot about your relationship with him haha. Napier and Harbin do all the defense and they do it very well. Dudley and Amis do all the offense and as far as I know Dudley trusts him as much as anybody which is very rare. The o line coach we brought in from middlesboro done the lords work this year with the hand he was dealt. I’m sure Harris will do a great job as the head man again just didn’t see him do a whole lot with our program
I agree with everything you have said except one thing about amis. Dudley trusts Harbin more. Over the last couple years since he’s been back, Amis was on the bottom of the list. Then in basketball he’s almost useless. that’s why i was shocked when a friend told me he was interviewed for a HC
Amis and Harris both did a good job at Bell. Hopefully we can keep Amis. There is no reason to bad mouth either. I’d say Napier, Harbin, JD Hilton, and Amis are all well thought of and been with Coach Hilton fir a while. Canady, Harris, and Shipley were all great additions this year based on what I’ve heard.