Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All "A" State Tournament
All "A" state tournament begins Thursday. Who is the pick to win it all? Who are the teams that can make some "upsets"?
Wouldnt be surprised to see pikeville and Evangel Christian advance with the winner becoming the all a classic champion….. but I expect the winner of Lyon county and breathit county to make a run and go possibly all the way….

I’ll take Pikeville to win the whole thing
I thought Pikeville had already won this with their transfers.
Pikeville football, boys basketball and girls basketball now 46-4 this year. Football lost by 2 at 6A Madison Central, lost at 2A LCA, girls basketball lost by 4 at Ashland first or second game of season, boys lost by 1 to Bowling Green on a buzzer beater 3-pointer.

All the tears taste like ice cream, keep 'em coming.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Panther Thunder, The Ugly Truth
Hail Pikeville!!!!!
(01-26-2022, 07:23 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Hail Pikeville!!!!!
Hail
(01-26-2022, 02:29 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: I thought Pikeville had already won this with their transfers.

Man somebody's salty!!!    On other note let's go Panthers
Good stuff, Bobcats!
That's good numbers panthers. Wonder what your overall records would be with just homegrown kids. Don't impress me.

It is what it is
Eastern Kentucky has brought it so far. Harlan, Breathitt and Pikeville have moved on to the second round. Congratulations to all three teams.
I wish one of our Mountain teams could make some noise at the Sweet 16, instead miserably stumbling out of the blocks. The South Laurel team a few years back who made it to the semi's was the last team to make any noise at all, right? Everyone else has been duds, when thrown agains any competitive teams. I remember the Knox team from last year geeeeeessssshhhhhhhhh.
(01-28-2022, 01:42 PM)I Spoozer12 Wrote: I wish one of our Mountain teams could make some noise at the Sweet 16, instead miserably stumbling out of the blocks.  The  South Laurel team a few years back who made it to the semi's was the last team to make any noise at all, right?  Everyone else has been duds, when thrown agains any competitive teams.  I remember the Knox team from last year geeeeeessssshhhhhhhhh.
Ashland made it to the semifinals last year before losing to eventual state champs Highlands. They’re not southeastern Kentucky but they’re eastern Kentucky and definitely a mountain school. Or at least the last time I was through there there were mountains, rather big ones at that.
Ashland isn’t a mountain school. Sits right on the River. Little Ohio
Pikeville & Murray is a glorified boxing match. 18-17 Pikeville at the half. Officials let it get way out of hand in a hurry.
(01-28-2022, 03:10 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 01:42 PM)I Spoozer12 Wrote: I wish one of our Mountain teams could make some noise at the Sweet 16, instead miserably stumbling out of the blocks.  The  South Laurel team a few years back who made it to the semi's was the last team to make any noise at all, right?  Everyone else has been duds, when thrown agains any competitive teams.  I remember the Knox team from last year geeeeeessssshhhhhhhhh.
Ashland made it to the semifinals last year before losing to eventual state champs Highlands. They’re not southeastern Kentucky but they’re eastern Kentucky and definitely a mountain school. Or at least the last time I was through there there were mountains, rather big ones at that.
Yup, your exactly right, My Bad.... Myself, as many other Southeastern Kentuckians think that the Mountains and Eastern KY only involves Southeastern KY, Northeastern Ky is considered city slickers...Joking.
(01-28-2022, 07:34 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Ashland isn’t a mountain school.  Sits right on the River.  Little Ohio
Northeastern Kentucky is as mountain as it gets. The river has nothing to do with it. There’s more and higher mountains in Ashland/Boyd County than there are in Laurel County, which is considered mountain in this thread. 
16th region has Boyd County schools, Greenup, Lewis, Rowan, Bath, Elliott, Morgan, Carter, Menifee…..all which have mountainous terrains. Take a drive through Sandy Hook, Grayson, Morehead or Ashland and you will soon discover you are in the mountains, and pretty big ones at that. Being in the mountains isn’t determined by 13th, 14th or 15th region boundary lines.

(01-29-2022, 01:04 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 07:34 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Ashland isn’t a mountain school.  Sits right on the River.  Little Ohio
Northeastern Kentucky is as mountain as it gets. The river has nothing to do with it. There’s more and higher mountains in Ashland/Boyd County than there are in Laurel County, which is considered mountain in this thread. 
16th region has Boyd County schools, Greenup, Lewis, Rowan, Bath, Elliott, Morgan, Carter, Menifee…..all which have mountainous terrains. Take a drive through Sandy Hook, Grayson, Morehead or Ashland and you will soon discover you are in the mountains, and pretty big ones at that. Being in the mountains isn’t determined by 13th, 14th or 15th region boundary lines.
^^^ But I’m just kidding with you for the most part, lol. I know that it’s long been a standard that the 13th, 14th and 15th regions are considered the “mountain schools”  of the state. The 16th, although geologically considered highland terrain too, is not referred to as mountain schools when discussing high school sports in Kentucky.
(01-28-2022, 07:36 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Pikeville & Murray is a glorified boxing match. 18-17 Pikeville at the half. Officials let it get way out of hand in a hurry.
I felt so as well.   I watched the first two days and I felt that Pikeville and Murray was the best matchup of them all.    Murray has a great deal of talent.   I got the feeling that they wanted to out bully Pikeville early on and well you are not going to do that to a team from EKY.   

I hadn't had a real chance to watch Warrix play but I was really impressed with his off the ball defense.  I felt he was the difference in the game.   Pikeville has a really nice club and I really enjoyed to see Justice and how he just stays under control and doesn't seem to hassle officials.   

And a total class act to see the two teams have a prayer together at half court after the game.   It was a slug fest.   The officials let a bunch go and then ticks tat calls where there really wasn't walks and fouls.   

I am def pulling for Pikeville.   Evangel plays way different than any team that Pikeville will play in this tournament and honestly come tournament time in district and maybe region and state will serve them well.
Could someone explain how a school can be 2A in football but only 1A in basketball?
Knox Central is 4A in football. How are they playing in the 2A in basketball?
(01-28-2022, 10:41 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: That's good numbers panthers. Wonder what your overall records would be with just homegrown kids. Don't impress me.

It is what it is
Your constant whining doesn't impress me. Your tears taste delicious like ice cream. You used to hang out on the Belfry football threads. You know the Belfry that has got transfers from every school west of the Rockies. So please.
(01-30-2022, 02:42 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:41 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: That's good numbers panthers. Wonder what your overall records would be with just homegrown kids. Don't impress me.

It is what it is
Your constant whining doesn't impress me. Your tears taste delicious like ice cream. You used to hang out on the Belfry football threads. You know the Belfry that has got transfers from every school east of the Rockies. So please.
(01-29-2022, 08:26 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Could someone explain how a school can be 2A in football but only 1A in basketball?
All "A" is the smallest 120 schools in the state based on population. since there are not as many football teams, the criteria change. I agree that it is confusing but that is how it works. I'm sure someone else could add on and make it a little more clear but that is how I understand it.