Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 60 Betsy Layne 58
Belfry picks up a huge win on the road at Betsy Layne. Belfry has the talent and when they play hard like they did tonight they are a top 5 team in the region.
Belfry played their best tonight. When they play unselfish ball they are a pretty good team.
I watched a lot of this game through WPRG's Facebook page. You have to give credit where credit is due. Belfry got the job done on the road. Congrats to the Pirates.
I was at the game. Betsy layne went cold second half and didn't pull back the press. Belfry shot layups.
(01-28-2022, 10:45 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: I was at the game. Betsy layne went cold second half and didn't pull back the press. Belfry shot layups.
I’ve seen them stay in the press way to long a few times.
I don't know about the press but if anyone was going to critique the game you have to talk about the last minute. BL runs alot of stuff with screens to get shots in the paint. Looked to me like they could almost score at will inside or at least draw a foul. They had half a minute to just call out about any one of those. Instead they just dribbled around and threw up a fade away three. Don't know if Newsome went into a trance or what? Good God what a play call. Then they almost let the FT shooter get his own rebound at the end. They couldn't of had a better chance of losing that game if they tried.