Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Noah
(01-31-2022, 08:11 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: You aren’t giving HC’s other kids enough credit here.  Maddox Huff is one of the top 2 or 3 point guards in the region.  This kid can do it all and is only a freshman.  He’s about 6’3 and can score at all three levels, and IMO is one of the top passers in the region.  On any other team other than HC, North and probably Knox, he is averaging 20+, with his normal 7 or 8 boards and 8 or 9 assists.  His IQ is off he charts.  Also, you are forgetting that they have two of the top 3-point shooters in the state.  Daniel Carmichael and Jackson Huff’s shooting makes life easier for Trent, because teams can’t help off of either.  Jackson Huff is also an underrated defender and a great rebounder.  He is a kid that just goes about his business, without getting deserved credit and respect.  Jonah Swanner is a phenomenal defender and also is one of the quickest kids around.  He is great in transition and can break down defenses in the half court, also making life easier for guys like Trent and Maddox.  My point in this post is to highlight why your post is inaccurate.  In fact, Harlan County has been at their best when they have balanced scoring.  Covid has caused some missed games for some of these guys and Trent’s scoring increased naturally.  Believe me, at full strength, they are way more than a one man show.  Anyone from HC who follows them would agree on this.  
2 or 3 best players a PG in the region?  I don't know about that, but I do know if you take Noah off of that team, HC becomes mediocre at best.
Kids a excellent shooter and basketball player. I think he needs to work on speed which you can’t teach to play D-1
D-1 is a different level I think some people can fathom. Wish him the best
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • KColley