Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2022 Pike County Bowl - Pikeville vs. Covington Catholic
nm it was 2019. Pikeville went on to beat Belfry in the county tournament and avenge the loss to Valley 32-24 after Valley blew them out in the first matchup and then beat them 16-14 in the county championship.
(02-10-2022, 01:13 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:52 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:09 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 04:33 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I'd be shocked if Osborne comes from Valley or Parsons kid comes from BL. They have both grown up in their school systems from literally before they could walk. Talk about losing their minds though could you imagine if he did leave SV for Pikeville. They're fans are still fuming cause Worrix left in basketball

I like to give Pikeville folks a hard time but anyone who has a brain knows Pikeville and Belfry are the only 2 football programs in Pike County who will ever have a legit shot to win a state championship. Yea these other programs may have a good team once every 10 years or so but that's about it
Yeah it’s most likely the Buckley’s creek connection. And I agree about the other 2 kids being long shots but boy that would be exciting to see the fireworks if russ did go to pikeville. Lol
I’ve known Russ’ Dad for 30 years and he’s a friend of mine…Trust me Russ won’t leave Valley. They’re dug in up at Virgie deeper than an Alabama tick…
Wasn't it just a few years ago (I think Russ Osbornes 8th grade year) they beat Pikeville 50-0 in middle school football? Just funny how that never translates to high school.
2019 I believe they beat us 49-0 at Valley in the regular season. We beat them in the playoffs at Pikeville a few weeks later.
(02-09-2022, 01:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Speaking of Pike Central and Pikeville. Pikeville just got PC’s good QB for this upcoming season.

Undecided  He fast. There are several positions on the field that kid could play and he has experience. This team can be GOOD when its all said and done.
(02-10-2022, 07:00 PM)Hambley Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 01:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Speaking of Pike Central and Pikeville. Pikeville just got PC’s good QB for this upcoming season.

Undecided  He fast. There are several positions on the field that kid could play and he has experience. This team can be GOOD when its all said and done.
SCARY good!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
Sounds like Tayvian Boykins would make a good replacement for Zach Lockhart at WR. With his athleticism and speed, I could see him playing on both sides of the ball. As good as he is, even if he hadn't transferred, Pikeville has a great chance of repeating with what returns, but he will be a difference maker with any football team. Jmo.
(02-17-2022, 10:56 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Sounds like Tayvian Boykins would make a good replacement for Zach Lockhart at WR. With his athleticism and speed, I could see him playing on both sides of the ball. As good as he is, even if he hadn't transferred, Pikeville has a great chance of repeating with what returns, but he will be a difference maker with any football team. Jmo.
Survey Says: One More for THE GOOD GUYS!!! HAHA!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
(02-19-2022, 03:56 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 10:56 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Sounds like Tayvian Boykins would make a good replacement for Zach Lockhart at WR. With his athleticism and speed, I could see him playing on both sides of the ball. As good as he is, even if he hadn't transferred, Pikeville has a great chance of repeating with what returns, but he will be a difference maker with any football team. Jmo.
Survey Says: One More for THE GOOD GUYS!!! HAHA!!!
Yep. Survey don't lie. Another one for Coach Mac's men in maroon!
Sorry but Johnson central won the softball region championship not pikeville. Johnson central mercied pikeville. Dont start talking how Belfry football getting transfers from west Virginia either.
Pikeville transfers:
Thornsbury- Mingo central/ west Virginia
Sawyers twins-letcher county central
And there were more
And already getting transfers for upcoming year:
Boykins-pike county central
(04-03-2022, 09:36 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Sorry but Johnson central won the softball region championship not pikeville. Johnson central mercied pikeville.  Dont start talking how Belfry football getting transfers from west Virginia either.
Pikeville transfers:
And there were more
Why not, list too long to post? LOL. Thurnsbury transferred to Belfry before he ever went to Pikeville, Sayers twins never went to any HS except PHS. Please give us the very very long list of Belfry transfers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(04-03-2022, 03:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 09:36 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Sorry but Johnson central won the softball region championship not pikeville. Johnson central mercied pikeville.  Dont start talking how Belfry football getting transfers from west Virginia either.
Pikeville transfers:
And there were more
Why not, list too long to post? LOL. Thurnsbury transferred to Belfry before he ever went to Pikeville, Sayers twins never went to any HS except PHS. Please give us the very very long list of Belfry transfers.
If your not gonna county the Sayers twins as transfers since they they came in 9th grade then the number of transfers to Belfry is going to be very low. I am having a hard time thinking of very many transfers to Belfry who transferred during high school. Most come from Williamson or Matewan when they are in elementary school so they go thru all the youth and middle school programs at BHS.
(04-03-2022, 07:21 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Pikeville transfers:
And there were more
If your not gonna county the Sayers twins as transfers since they they came in 9th grade then the number of transfers to Belfry is going to be very low. I am having a hard time thinking of very many transfers to Belfry who transferred during high school. Most come from Williamson or Matewan when they are in elementary school so they go thru all the youth and middle school programs at BHS.
Please.
(04-04-2022, 04:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 07:21 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Pikeville transfers:
And there were more
Please.
yeah....he's right on this....at least regarding Belfry Football.   I can't speak to the other sports.   I'm sure I may miss a few....but some notable transfers would be.. David Jones--- transferred his sophomore season from Matewan.   Zach Savage-- transferred his sophomore year as well. I'm sure there are others...those are just two that popped into my mind.  But.....there isn't a huge amount of kids that didn't play at the very least MS football for Belfry.  Look...IMO Belfry and Pikeville should be on the same page regarding transfers .  Both schools have benefited from them.....all the way back to the late 80's early 90's.   it is what it is.   Both Programs have more to offer.....and are attractive landing spots to kids in their respective areas.....no different than Johnson central, Bell Co, Boyle Co, Frederick Douglas, Ashland, etc etc.   All of these programs and many, many  more get transfers.   As much smack that goes on between Belfry and Pikeville....this is common ground.   just sayin'.
Agree common ground...but have you guys already forgot about Dixon and Z Hatfield last year? I like to start there and work back...
I keep thinking of that Spider-Man meme where there’s 3 of them all pointing at each other hahahaha.
(04-05-2022, 02:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Agree common ground...but have you guys already forgot about Dixon and Z Hatfield last year? I like to start there and work back...

Where I don't live back on the creek anymore...I'm not as privy to the daily goings on.  No idea about Hatfield.  I was thinking Dixon transferred halfway thru his 8th grade year.  I know he dressed for Belfry has a freshman.  Jet.....I'm getting too old to brother Smile Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-05-2022, 04:12 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 02:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Agree common ground...but have you guys already forgot about Dixon and Z Hatfield last year? I like to start there and work back...

Where I don't live back on the creek anymore...I'm not as privy to the daily goings on.  No idea about Hatfield.  I was thinking Dixon transferred halfway thru his 8th grade year.  I know he dressed for Belfry has a freshman.  Jet.....I'm getting too old to brother Smile Smile
Dixon went his entire high school career to BHS. You did not consider the Sayers twins transfers since they did the same so I didn't count Dixon. You're right Hatfield came after his sophomore year at Mingo. Savage come from Tug Valley his Jr year when it was doubtful WV was gonna be allowed to play. Other than that I can't think of any. Nick Sartin come i believe his sophomore year. But 90% of guys from WV the last 20 years went to a Belfry feeder school. Most of them Southside Elementary and BMS. Pikeville has had a lot of those. How many went to Betsy Layne, Valley or Johns Creek/Mullins st one point who played at Pikeville HS? Quite a few I know of. Nothing to get upset about. Do what you think is best for you.
I agree with you. My bad on Dixon, didn’t know he played for Belfry as a freshman.