Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rafael Little Out Indefinitely
University of Kentucky tailback Rafael Little is out indefinitely, Wildcats coach Rich Brooks said today, with a thigh injury that kept him out of the Cats’ 43-37 win over Louisiana State last Saturday. Little will not play when No. 8 UK hosts No. 14 Florida Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium. “I’m sure (he’ll be out) the next two weeks, and we’ll have to see how that responds after the bye week (Nov. 3),” Brooks said at his weekly news conference. Backup tailbacks Tony Dixon (hip flexor) and Alfonso Smith (ankle sprain) will practice this week. Smith, who has missed the last three games with a high ankle sprain, will be close to 100 percent this week, Brooks said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...3/71015026
How did Little go from being questionable for last weekend to out indefinitely today??? must be more wrong than originally expected...
You know, Little is a great player, but this is not a HUGE loss. At the start of the season I might have thought differently, but with Locke playing as well as he has so far, this is an injury that won't hurt this team severely. Just as we showed in the LSU game, this team is stocked with depth at running back, and with Smith getting back healthy we should be in good shape.

I also agree with holding him out a few weeks if he's not completely healthy. No point in sending Little out at less than 100% and then he gets hurt even worse. By waiting until after the bye week, he will have had 5 whole weeks to get healthy for the stretch run.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Little is our best back, but our depth at running back is a strength. Depending on who practices better, I expect Smith or Locke to get the start. Dixon fumbles way too much.
Are you sure Brooks isn't doing this as a psyche job? In today's CJ it said that Brooks told the media yesterday that everyone would be back to full health this week, with the exception of the guy with a broke collar bone. I really hope that Little is able to make it back to the field, but if he isn't I would start Locke. He gained more yards in one quarter than what LSU had been averaging as a team for the game. Runs hard and protects the ball well.
Brooks said in his radio show this evening that cartilage had built up on Rafael's thigh. But just like last week I don't think it will hurt UK that much, especially with Alfonso Smith returning for the Cats.
Well hopefully Little does get back to a healthy recovery!
More Cowbell Wrote:You know, Little is a great player, but this is not a HUGE loss. At the start of the season I might have thought differently, but with Locke playing as well as he has so far, this is an injury that won't hurt this team severely. Just as we showed in the LSU game, this team is stocked with depth at running back, and with Smith getting back healthy we should be in good shape.

I also agree with holding him out a few weeks if he's not completely healthy. No point in sending Little out at less than 100% and then he gets hurt even worse. By waiting until after the bye week, he will have had 5 whole weeks to get healthy for the stretch run.

I agree, Little is more versatile, but I think Locke is the better back.