Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic Hires Tiffin University DC
(01-14-2022, 11:34 PM)IAM22 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 01:15 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:50 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: Great hire for LC, especially on the defensive standpoint. We all know they can score, but their defense has been 'bend but don't break' to just being awful at times. Congrats to coach Bathiany and LC.
Yes seems like a great hire, but I seen LC play a couple of times last year and it just doesn't seem like they have the talent to have a good defense, you can bring in Kirby Smart, but if you do not have the players a Coach can only do so much. Good luck to them.
Talent to score points but no talent to play defense?
Yes- If you have a good QB(which they usually do) and spread the field you can score some points, Sure there are other factors linemen, rec...., but defense is different, there DB's and LB's were like tiny and slow and I didn't see one athletic person on there def. Only seen them play twice, and that was my take. On the flip side, they are a private school so thing's could change rather quickly.

(01-15-2022, 12:00 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: People seem to forget but from 2012 -2016 LC dominated Boyle and went to 4 consecutive state semi - final appearances. It was only when Chuck Smith returned that Boyle's fortunes changed. I will say this, I do not believe outsiders understand how little time Nigel Smith put into developing the program. Always the 1st guy out of the building; demonstrated very little leadership and even less enthusiasm for the role. At one point he told the kids he was named head coach only because he was black. That comment crushed their confidence the last 2 years. Talent wise, the last 2 classes were maybe the best Catholic has had in 5 or 6 yrs. Unfortunately Boyle was better coached. In 2020 and 2021, Catholic only lost to 2 schools - LCA and Boyle. 

Catholic made a strong hire this past week, don't  know how it will transfer to the field  in 2022 because the senior class will produce only 4/5 starters but I would be very disappointed if you did not see them play with greater intensity. Catholic will make some noise again in 2023 as the current sophomore and and freshmen classes (will be seniors and juniors in 2023) have some very good players.
Wasn't Coach Smith there DC during 2012-2016? Hard for me to believe Coach Smith told the players that, I know him well, it was more than likely other people saying that the only reason he got the job was because he was black being around some of those LC parents at the games, but thats a different story. I also have seen there JV and Freshman play. Freshman do have a few play maker's. QB is really good, but JV looks like the Varsity to me. Good luck to them and the new Coach
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexington Catholic Hires Tiffin University DC - by Big Daddy Bull - 01-15-2022, 10:21 AM