Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic Hires Tiffin University DC
People seem to forget but from 2012 -2016 LC dominated Boyle and went to 4 consecutive state semi - final appearances. It was only when Chuck Smith returned that Boyle's fortunes changed. I will say this, I do not believe outsiders understand how little time Nigel Smith put into developing the program. Always the 1st guy out of the building; demonstrated very little leadership and even less enthusiasm for the role. At one point he told the kids he was named head coach only because he was black. That comment crushed their confidence the last 2 years. Talent wise, the last 2 classes were maybe the best Catholic has had in 5 or 6 yrs. Unfortunately Boyle was better coached. In 2020 and 2021, Catholic only lost to 2 schools - LCA and Boyle.

Catholic made a strong hire this past week, don't know how it will transfer to the field in 2022 because the senior class will produce only 4/5 starters but I would be very disappointed if you did not see them play with greater intensity. Catholic will make some noise again in 2023 as the current sophomore and and freshmen classes (will be seniors and juniors in 2023) have some very good players.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexington Catholic Hires Tiffin University DC - by Iggyfan - 01-15-2022, 12:00 AM