Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Realignment 2022
Anyone know when the realignment will start to be discussed? Any predictions on who will move up or down?
(01-12-2022, 11:30 AM)16 special Wrote: Anyone know when the realignment will start to be discussed? Any predictions on who will move up or down?

North Laurel more than likely will move up from 5A to 6A
It will probably depend on what lower class teams need to play up to stay close to teams they play

Scott Co and Great Crossing will move up and bump a few 5A schools from 6A to 5A

Maybe they expand the 6A and 5A class
(01-12-2022, 12:14 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:30 AM)16 special Wrote: Anyone know when the realignment will start to be discussed? Any predictions on who will move up or down?

Really, Wow.
Any perennial powers? I know Boyle is borderline 3a. Louisville central is 3a size. Johnson central is borderline 5a. Would either cal or desales move to 4a? Mercer still sitting firmly in 3a?
Boyle had less enrollment than Paducah according to the state programs.
Boyle is less than several current 3A schools.
(01-12-2022, 12:45 PM)Fan of many Wrote: It will probably depend on what lower class teams need to play up to stay close to teams they play

Scott Co and Great Crossing will move up and bump a few 5A schools from 6A to 5A

Maybe they expand the 6A and 5A class
Scott Co. numbers are not even close to 6A, they are closer to 4A than 6A. So they will stay 5A. Great Crossing for sure will be 6A, and more than likely Douglas will move to 6A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
(01-12-2022, 12:14 PM)64SUR Wrote:

And now the answer as to why Larkey so abruptly went back to Rock, don’t blame him….
There could be some some big changes coming from a realignment standpoint. Ashland? East and West Carter? Belfry? Could Pikeville move to 2A? What does their rolling male enrollment look like? if Ashland goes back to 4A....how does that impact Boyd Co and Rowan from a district standpoint? Does Johnson Central move back into district play with Ashland? That would be interesting...... A lot of questions.
As I recall, 1A and 6A are the smallest and largest 32 schools.
(01-12-2022, 09:57 PM)Real Badman Wrote: As I recall, 1A and 6A are the smallest and largest 32 schools.
There are a few 5A schools enrollment wise that play 6A based on geography of district teams.
so that will push a few 6A schools to 5A

and same for each class
(01-12-2022, 10:06 PM)Fan of many Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 09:57 PM)Real Badman Wrote: As I recall, 1A and 6A are the smallest and largest 32 schools.
There are a few 5A schools enrollment wise that play 6A based on geography of district teams.

and same for each class

such as?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
All of the data and information for the 2019-2022 realignment is at https://khsaa.org/sports/fall/football/ under the alignment/realignment tab. You can sift through the data and see who is close to moving, who played up, and every other bit of information on the last realignment. Of course, it all depends on the numbers when it all shakes out.
(01-12-2022, 08:37 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: There could be some some big changes coming from a realignment standpoint.  Ashland?  East and West Carter? Belfry?  Could Pikeville move to 2A?  What does their rolling male enrollment look like?    if Ashland goes back to 4A....how does that impact Boyd Co and Rowan from a district standpoint?  Does Johnson Central move back into district play with Ashland?  That would be interesting......  A lot of questions.
I’m not sure jc will be close enough to 4a to stay in 4a this time around. They had enrollment to be 5a last go round. The only reason they were allowed to stay 4a is because they were so close to the cutoff and their district teams would be much closer in 4a.
(01-12-2022, 04:18 PM)16 special Wrote: Any perennial powers? I know Boyle is borderline 3a. Louisville central is 3a size. Johnson central is borderline 5a. Would either cal or desales move to 4a? Mercer still sitting firmly in 3a?

CAL and DeSales just moved to 3A from 2A in the last realignment. I doubt they make the jump to 4A, unless their enrollment really has increased that much.
CAL, Desales, and Central all in the same district in 3A would be a whale of a district.
(01-13-2022, 10:38 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: CAL, Desales, and Central all in the same district in 3A would be a whale of a district.
From what I have heard, it’s a done deal central drops. They made quite a leap going up to 4a last time. They could have won 3a this year if they had stayed down. Beat Belfry pretty good in the regular season.
(01-12-2022, 04:18 PM)16 special Wrote: Any perennial powers? I know Boyle is borderline 3a. Louisville central is 3a size. Johnson central is borderline 5a. Would either cal or desales move to 4a? Mercer still sitting firmly in 3a?

To me one of the most important ones to watch is Ashland.  Whoever takes that job will most likely only have 1 year at 3a.  I believe at last reports they had a larger boy population than almost half of 4a.  The increase in difficulty from 3a to 4a is pretty extreme IMO, and they would go from having to win 1 game in 3a to win a championship to a playoff gauntlet.
First, I wish the KHSAA would go ahead and redistrict before next season and go on a two year realignment rather than a four. However, that a discussion for a different thread. I really only looked at 1A and 2A. I see Crittenden County moving up and Ballard Memorial taking their place in District 1. I could see Middlesboro and Pikeville possibly swapping classifications as well; but will be close.
(01-13-2022, 12:46 PM)TheBear Wrote: First, I wish the KHSAA would go ahead and redistrict before next season and go on a two year realignment rather than a four.    However, that a discussion for a different thread.  I really only looked at 1A and 2A.  I see Crittenden County moving up and Ballard Memorial taking their place in District 1.  I could see Middlesboro and Pikeville possibly swapping classifications as well; but will be close.

That would be an interesting swap. I think Middlesboro could be competitive at state in 1A and I don't think Pikeville wants any part of the top of the 2A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-12-2022, 10:12 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 10:06 PM)Fan of many Wrote:

and same for each class

such as?
That is my question also, I can't think of any maybe Bryan Station.
I would think some of the 5a Louisville schools that play up to 6A so they don’t have travel outside of Jefferson
(01-13-2022, 12:50 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:46 PM)TheBear Wrote: First, I wish the KHSAA would go ahead and redistrict before next season and go on a two year realignment rather than a four.    However, that a discussion for a different thread.  I really only looked at 1A and 2A.  I see Crittenden County moving up and Ballard Memorial taking their place in District 1.  I could see Middlesboro and Pikeville possibly swapping classifications as well; but will be close.

That would be an interesting swap. I think Middlesboro could be competitive at state in 1A and I don't think Pikeville wants any part of the top of the 2A.

This thread is about to get fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • 2000PHS
Word is the 2022 realignment will not be using the current enrollment numbers due to Covid and the issues it has caused. The numbers will be closer to those used for the 2019 realignment.
(01-13-2022, 01:22 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: Word is the 2022 realignment will not be using the current enrollment numbers due to Covid and the issues it has caused.  The numbers will be closer to those used for the 2019 realignment.

Honestly, you think it would use the current enrollments.
KHSAA does what is good for the schools that bring in money for them.
(01-13-2022, 01:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 01:22 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: Word is the 2022 realignment will not be using the current enrollment numbers due to Covid and the issues it has caused.  The numbers will be closer to those used for the 2019 realignment.

Honestly, you think it would use the current enrollments.

They cant, the State hasn't compiled proper enrollment numbers since the 2019-2020 school year.  So Id venture a guess those are the numbers they will use.
All schools were affected by Covid. I believe they have to compile new numbers though. Some schools numbers since the last alignment were trending down before Covid was ever here.
With Beechwood and Mayfield moving to 2A, it really opened up the door for Pikeville to dominant 1A. It would be interesting to see Pikeville in 2A, and I do believe they could compete with anyone in 2A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • BoondockSaint