Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 95. Belfry 62. Final
Final
What the heck happened? No way Belfry should lose by that many to any team in the region with thr talent they have.
(01-12-2022, 12:32 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: What the heck happened? No way Belfry should lose by that many to any team in the region with thr talent they have.
Belfry team has no teamwork. Some are very selfish and the have the worst coach in 15th. I made my 1 and only trip to watch tonight. They are missing a few players that started season and had several not come out I was told tonight. They are no threat for regional title if tonight was any indication
Until Belfry learns to play as a team and become discipline this is what you will continue to see.
Do they still have all the recruits playing? If so, may recruited the wrong ones. You’d think they could find 2 or 3 from the whole state of WV.
I’ve made my one and only trip when they played valley. Embarrassing is the word that comes to mind. No accountability, no discipline, definitely NO DEFENSE. No effort unless the ball is in certain players hands. EMBARRASSING!!!! A once proud basketball school is now the laughing stock of the region because we refuse to make a change.
(01-12-2022, 11:19 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: I’ve made my one and only trip when they played valley. Embarrassing is the word that comes to mind. No accountability, no discipline, definitely NO DEFENSE. No effort unless the ball is in certain players hands. EMBARRASSING!!!! A once proud basketball school is now the laughing stock of the region because we refuse to make a change.
Agree. People think all Belfry fans care about is football and that's not the case. We want to be good in other sports too. We used to be. I didn't watch the game but to get beat by 33 on your home floor by a team with a losing record is embarrassing. I agree with everything you said. Accountability is not there. Probably scared to make the wrong person mad or upset. No team ball. I believe a couple players quit the team since the season began.
(01-12-2022, 11:19 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: I’ve made my one and only trip when they played valley. Embarrassing is the word that comes to mind. No accountability, no discipline, definitely NO DEFENSE. No effort unless the ball is in certain players hands. EMBARRASSING!!!! A once proud basketball school is now the laughing stock of the region because we refuse to make a change.
Until they clean house this is what Belfry fans will see. Bring someone in with no ties!
JC will continue on to improve as the season goes on. They don’t have a ton of depth this year but they have some good talent. Ryleh McKenzie is really starting to play well.
Thompson really has them rolling. Lol. Is there a worse coach in the 15th than this guy? At what point do you move on from this horrible experiment? Dang Belfry used to have such a proud program from the 70s through the early 2000s. Sad to see. Recruit better players and still can’t get it done. The common factor is Thompson, it’s clear to anybody that knows anything about basketball.
Thompson clearly isn’t the answer. I’ve never seen the stands so empty. Why would we show to a game when our kids don’t even play? Thompson sacrificing our kids and still losing.