Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK #7 in initial BCS
Jus released on Fox.
OH YEAH!

If Kentucky keeps playing with emotion, and leadership then they could very well be in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Congrats Cats! Its well deserved!
blackcat_student Wrote:OH YEAH!

If Kentucky keeps playing with emotion, and leadership then they could very well be in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Congrats Cats! Its well deserved!

If any of the undefeated teams win out.. they'll goto the championship
With USF and Ohio States weak schedule.. that may be your championship game.. I know.. how gay
The entire BCS top 20, from espn.com:

1. Ohio State
2. South Florida
3. Boston College
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. South Carolina
7. Kentucky
8. Arizona State
9. West Virginia
10. Oregon
11. Virginia Tech
12. California
13. Kansas
14. USC
15. Florida
16. Missouri
17. Auburn
18. Hawaii
19. Virginia
20. Georgia

My analysis: UK is in decent shape here, being the fourth highest of all the one-loss teams. What is keeping us from being higher is our low poll numbers. We currently sit at #13 in the coaches' poll and #11 in the Harris poll (the #8 ranking in the AP poll doesn't count). If we can start getting some respect from poll voters, we could be even higher!

Let's hope we keep it going next week against Florida and show these idiot voters that the Cats are for real!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm just curious as to how far we would move up if we do in fact defeat Florida since we are ranked ahead of them. I do think South Florida will go down before the year is over as will Boston College. Ohio State being ranked that high is just a joke. They've played basically every team in the state of Ohio and Washington. Not really sure if they have had a big win, let alone two wins against Top 10 teams like UK has. We defeated #9 Louisville and #1 LSU, go on the road and defeat pre-season #15 Arkansas, and lose at #11 South Carolina on the road. Hopefully if we can continue to win we'll get some love, the SEC is not like the Big East or Pac 10 where top teams have been defeated by major under dogs in their conference. (Cal vs. OSU; USC vs. Stanford; UofL vs. Syracuse) The Big 10 is no where near as competitive on a daily basis like the SEC. I think people get too caught up in the tradition of that conference and its teams to actually see them for what they are worth.
If UK wins every game the rest of the year and finishes 12-1, I see no way they don't play in the national championship game. With the schedule left, UK would probably end up #1 in all the computers if we win out. Maybe we might even get some respect from poll voters! LOL

Not saying it'll happen, but if we win out look who we will have beaten for the season: Louisville, Arkansas, LSU, Florida, Miss. St., Vandy, Georgia, Tennessee, and probably LSU again. How could we not be #1, even ahead of unbeaten (and untested) teams such as Boston College and Ohio State?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Most people say that they think if a team from a weaker conference goes undefeated, then a one loss team should jump them. Does anyone have UK's actual number compared to the teams ahead of them. Like is UK's ranking .735 and SC's like .802 or something like that.
espn has them up finally. or www.bcsfootball.org
If you look at the ESPN BCS rankings, the computers actually put us at 4th behind South Florida, LSU, and then South Carolina. Its just the rediculuos polls that boosted Ohio State to first and dropped us and SC back. And the computer put USC at 23; I like the computer, hate the polls.
Sad part is that UK may have to finish 12-1 to have a shot at the title, because it's very possible that South Florida will run the table with their toughest games behind them. The Bulls against on the road at Rutgers, at home against Cincy and Louisville, with UCONN, Syracuse, Rutgers remaining. Ohio State has Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. The Buckeyes could run the table as well, but a tougher task than for them than the Bulls.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Sad part is that UK may have to finish 12-1 to have a shot at the title, because it's very possible that South Florida will run the table with their toughest games behind them. The Bulls against on the road at Rutgers, at home against Cincy and Louisville, with UCONN, Syracuse, Rutgers remaining. Ohio State has Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. The Buckeyes could run the table as well, but a tougher task than for them than the Bulls.

I think if UK runs the table and finishes 12-1 they will have a great shot to play for the title. Consider who we would have to beat to get to that point from here (Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, probably LSU again) and I see no way our BCS numbers won't be right there near the top.

I agree that South Florida may be a problem, because they have a very easy schedule from this point. Cincy and Louisville at home is a plus for them, and Rutgers appears to be an easier game than expected. They are #1 in the computers right now, although that should drop as their schedule strength drops in the coming weeks. Still, if they are the only major conference unbeaten, they will likely be #1 in both polls and almost assuredly in the BCS top 2.

As for Ohio State, who knows how good they are? They haven't played anybody yet, but as you mentioned they have some tougher games coming up. I think they will get exposed when they go to Penn State in a couple weeks. Go JoePa!

Boston College seems to be a pretender, surely they'll get a loss somewhere in the ACC, which should remove them from the equation.

As for the one-loss teams, I think South Carolina will lose at Florida, and for us to go 12-1 LSU would get a second loss by losing to us in the SEC title game. Oklahoma is the team that could be a problem here, as their schedule is pretty easy from here on out (road trip to Texas Tech the most likely stumbling block - go Mike Leach!). However, our computer numbers would assuredly be much better than theirs, so we could still overcome the Sooners even if we are a spot behind them in the polls.

Side note, isn't it crazy to even be talking about UK in the football title game? Wow!! Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK will never get enough love from the haters to get a shot at the title...