Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Pikeville at Corbin 8/19/22 in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
I'm going to start fasting right now, so I can eat more Popcorn during the game. Now, I will share but if Birchfield starts having a big night, then Pikeville fans can have my popcorn lol.......
(08-01-2022, 12:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I know now that kid Elam is the QB1 and will have a open playbook, you can throw the film away on the Corbin offense. It will be a totally new era. I like this kid. I’ll say it now. He is a baller. I think it’s the right move for Corbin .

honest question .. why would elam get a full playbook and not combs .. was there doubt on combs talent ??
I didn't doubt the kid.

Combs, Cameron 22 for 34 passing with 1 incterception with a total of 457 passing yards and 5 Touchdowns in the District Championship game against Wayne County his Freshman year.

Show me another freshman doing that. He just needed to be further developed. Not made into a primary running QB.

Now look at his stats with 2 D1 commits on the roster at Wide Reciever and 2 1000 yard rushers in the backfield.

18 Combs, Cameron 12 games 92 for 157 1529 yards 13 Touchdowns 127.4 yards per game 1.1 TDs Per game. For the entire 2021 Season.

He almost had these stats in 1 performance his freshman year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • FootballFan1999
(08-01-2022, 04:24 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 12:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I know now that kid Elam is the QB1 and will have a open playbook, you can throw the film away on the Corbin offense. It will be a totally new era. I like this kid. I’ll say it now. He is a baller. I think it’s the right move for Corbin .

honest question .. why would elam get a full playbook and not combs .. was there doubt on combs talent ??

It’s called daddy ball…why did we have two 4 star talents that never touched the ball?  Wells only playing one side of the ball last year was another head scratcher, touched the ball one time in the region championship against JC, scored a touchdown and never touched it again…. I’m hoping I’m wrong but all I see is a continuation of the past two years and Haddix at Boyle singing how do you like me know…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Corbin
(08-01-2022, 02:00 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 11:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 10:33 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 10:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 01:29 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: C'mon dougie and bring some of that cue! I got De beer!!
Are you coming to Corbin?

Im coming to Corbin…
Where from? I'm not too far away Smile

Big Grin Whitley Co….

LOL
Pikeville plays Russellville at somerset also.
Opening game
Pikevillle- 21
Corbin- 7
(08-01-2022, 05:38 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 04:24 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

It’s called daddy ball…why did we have two 4 star talents that never touched the ball?  Wells only playing one side of the ball last year was another head scratcher, touched the ball one time in the region championship against JC, scored a touchdown and never touched it again…. I’m hoping I’m wrong but all I see is a continuation of the past two years and Haddix at Boyle singing how do you like me know…

Daddy ball is the only thing that makes sense as to why the Combs kid would not be your no doubt 4yr starter. The only reason you have a QB controversy is because of the coaches. Combs completed 60% of his passes going 13-1 on TD-INT. He has proven himself for 3yrs as a high level varsity starter and any school would love to have that leadership and experience of a 4yr starter with his resume. If one thing is certain it is that Corbin seems to be really good at mismanaging their talent the last few years. If the back up had any other last name he would be playing JV & a back up varsity role and waiting his turn next season, just my .02
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-07-2022, 07:25 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Pikeville plays Russellville at somerset also.
Opening game
Pikevillle- 21
Corbin- 7

What date is the Russellville game and thats a low score prediction?
I wouldn't put too much into a scrimmage as Boyle Co. fans will tell u also.Heard Knox Central beat them yesterday 14-7
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonelfan72's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(08-07-2022, 09:04 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: I wouldn't put too much into a scrimmage as Boyle Co. fans will tell u also.Heard Knox Central beat them yesterday 14-7

You know, I heard that Knox had went down there for a 7x7. Then I heard from another source that they were playing this weekend at Boyle but didnt know if it was a rumor or a deathwish.....  Smile ...... I would like to have confirmation from the Boyle crowd if that was the case or not? So North Laurel game with Boyle should be interesting.....I'll be there to put my lazy eye on it...
  • 64SUR
(08-07-2022, 09:04 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: I wouldn't put too much into a scrimmage as Boyle Co. fans will tell u also.Heard Knox Central beat them yesterday 14-7
Highly doubtful. I assume that score came from a KC player!
(08-07-2022, 07:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 07:25 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Pikeville plays Russellville at somerset also.
Opening game
Pikevillle- 21
Corbin- 7

What date is the Russellville game and thats a low score prediction?
Pikeville vs. Russellville is Saturday 10/15 at 2:00 at Somerset High School.
I am going to roll with Pikeville. I am going to say Birchfield has a big game and Boykins pops a big play as well.

Pikeville 26
Corbin 21
(08-08-2022, 10:53 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: I am going to roll with Pikeville. I am going to say Birchfield has a big game and Boykins pops a big play as well.

Pikeville 26
Corbin 21

So you are implying some missed extra point attempts?  Smile
11 days Bull to go,can you fast that long. Hope this lives up to the hype it’s getting on here and hope for a injury free game for both teams. Pikeville has a lot to get straightened out before that game and hopefully they will and it’s a classic game that helps both teams get to where they want to be when it matters. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-08-2022, 12:05 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: 11 days Bull to go,can you fast that long. Hope this lives up to the hype it’s getting on here and hope for a injury free game for both teams. Pikeville has a lot to get straightened out before that game and hopefully they will and it’s a classic game that helps both teams get to where they want to be when it matters. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I’m with you. I do think it will be a very good game! I have been watching the highlights of Pikeville and all I can say is Wow! I do think this will be like a playoff atmosphere to start the season. Corbin has some things to work out as well but will have some tuff players on the field to represent the Redhound Nation. Im excited for both programs to play this game. Right now, I’m drinking my Bullitt Proof coffee to hold me over for breakfast so that should allow me to eat more popcorn. But I have a backup plan too. If Blake starts doing the Icky Shuffle, I’m going to try my best to throw my popcorn plum across town to PJDOUG  Big Grin
  • Patriot1
(08-08-2022, 12:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 12:05 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: 11 days Bull to go,can you fast that long. Hope this lives up to the hype it’s getting on here and hope for a injury free game for both teams. Pikeville has a lot to get straightened out before that game and hopefully they will and it’s a classic game that helps both teams get to where they want to be when it matters. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I’m with you. I do think it will be a very good game! I have been watching the highlights of Pikeville and all I can say is Wow! I do think this will be like a playoff atmosphere to start the season. Corbin has some things to work out as well but will have some tuff players on the field to represent the Redhound Nation. Im excited for both programs to play this game. Right now, I’m drinking my Bullitt Proof coffee to hold me over for breakfast so that should allow me to eat more popcorn. But I have a backup plan too. If Blake starts doing the Icky Shuffle, I’m going to try my best to throw my popcorn plum across town to PJDOUG  Big Grin
Now that’s funny, but I have always had respect the Red Hound program even though that was the last high school game of football I played. Believe me I can remember it although I can’t remember what I did yesterday sometimes. We will be posting more the closer it gets but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Bull got out!