Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN "Experts" Already Downplaying UK...
ComfortEagle Wrote:BTW, the betting lines have Florida as a 7 point favorite right now.

Still no respect.

I have no problem with that. Florida is, after all, the defending national champion and a traditional powerhouse, while UK is just trying to build a new football tradition. Florida plays in big games like this all the time, and UK is fairly new to this type of atmosphere. So, it makes sense to favor the Gators.

That said, I'm going with the upset and say the Cats will win!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:BTW, the betting lines have Florida as a 7 point favorite right now.

Still no respect.

Exactly my point with this thread...

But give the oddsmakers credit: when has Kentucky won a football this season under "pressure"? Not favored with LSU or Louisville: both turned into wins (at home.) You can say the Arkansas game, the Cats may have been a slight favorite, but it was more of a toss-up. Kentucky was pressued against South Carolina and lost. They are feeling the pressure again this weekend against Florida, the oddsmakers like Florida.

No respect is given, you have to take it from "the man".
More Cowbell Wrote:I have no problem with that. Florida is, after all, the defending national champion and a traditional powerhouse, while UK is just trying to build a new football tradition. Florida plays in big games like this all the time, and UK is fairly new to this type of atmosphere. So, it makes sense to favor the Gators.

That said, I'm going with the upset and say the Cats will win!
Nice post. Being new to the "national attention," I think a lot of people are going to see how UK plays in the spotlight. Sure, they beat Louisville, but that win looks less and less valuable every week. They beat a pretty good Arkansas team, and once they got into the top 10, and played under the lights, on the road, in the SEC, on ESPN, they failed. I'm not surprised Florida is favored. Like, MC, said, Florida plays in games like this all the time. How long has it been since UK has had a game hyped like this one? Or the LSU or SC game? To be honest, I'm surprised the odds have Florida the favorite by only 7. UK has been the underdog all season long, and it seems they wouldn't want it any other way. Why change things now? Let them be under appreciated. Let them take the nation by surprise week after week. We know what kind of team we have. They had a bad game in Columbia. Every team has them. I'll be at Commonwealth Saturday along with 70,000+ other fans showing the country what kind of team, and what kind of fans we have here in the Bluegrass!!!!
Remember folks, UK was not favored to win at South Carolina by the oddsmakers, who I believe had the Gamecocks as a 3-point favorite. Also, many experts were picking the Cats to lose in Columbia as well. The only way we were the "favorite" was by the poll rankings at the time.

My point is I don't buy all this about UK folding when they felt the pressure to win at South Carolina. Yeah, they felt the need to win that game, but that was no different than several other games that they won. There was certainly pressure on UK to beat Louisville this year, considering we hadn't beaten them in 5 years and this was felt to be UK's best chance to break that streak. There was pressure to beat Arkansas and get off to a good start in the SEC. And there was pressure to beat LSU, both to avoid a 2-game losing streak and to show the country that UK is for real after the embarrassing performance in Columbia.

Bottom line, I don't think UK should be under any more pressure this week than they already have been before. They've dealt with pressure before and handled it admirably, save for one game in which they simply didn't execute well.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree with jammin' jamey.The Georgia game scares me the most.
More "love" from ESPN...http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...002/SPORTS

ESPN analyst Sean Salisbury said on ESPN Radio that Louisiana State would've beaten UK if the Tigers hadn't had such a tough game with Florida the week before. (But if Florida wins tomorrow, will it be because UK faced LSU last week?)
jammin' jamey Wrote:More "love" from ESPN...http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...002/SPORTS

ESPN analyst Sean Salisbury said on ESPN Radio that Louisiana State would've beaten UK if the Tigers hadn't had such a tough game with Florida the week before. (But if Florida wins tomorrow, will it be because UK faced LSU last week?)

What do you think??? But if UK wins it will because Flordia had to long to prepare, or they had a bad game...