Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: North Laurel
What funny face, I don’t think I ever put anything on a post

(01-13-2022, 11:45 AM)Whoknows816 Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 10:00 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Very anxious to see who is hired. Is their a time line to when?
Why the funny face? serious question?
I don’t think I ever put a face on a post.
Anybody heard names for this job?
Was told last night they are going to interview applicants on Monday.
This will be an interesting coaching hire. With the wrong hire they very well could start to slide again after this current group is gone.
(01-15-2022, 01:54 PM)DarthVader Wrote: This will be an interesting coaching hire. With the wrong hire they very well could start to slide again after this current group is gone. 

It’s not like they’ve rose to the occasion or done anything with the current group. They barely beat a rebuilding Whitley team and beat up on a lot of bad to mediocre teams last year.
(01-15-2022, 02:05 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:54 PM)DarthVader Wrote: This will be an interesting coaching hire. With the wrong hire they very well could start to slide again after this current group is gone. 

It’s not like they’ve rose to the occasion or done anything with the current group. They barely beat a rebuilding Whitley team and beat up on a lot of bad to mediocre teams last year.

Freshmen and sophomore dominated teams aren't winning district, region, or state titles, so I am not really sure what the expectations were for this year.. It doesn't matter how good they were in Middle School. You just don't see that at the varsity level. The true measure will be what they do as juniors and seniors.
(01-15-2022, 02:09 PM)DarthVader Wrote:

Freshmen and sophomore dominated teams aren't winning district, region, or state titles, so I am not really sure what the expectations were for this year.. It doesn't matter how good they were in Middle School. You just don't see that at the varsity level. The true measure will be what they do as juniors and seniors.

When the majority of the sophomores should be juniors then there’s no difference about them being competitive. That’s not a knock on holdbacks it’s just saying they’re not true aged sophomores. The expectation should’ve been second in district. They had the talent to beat Pulaski with all the injuries they had this year and still got ran.
(01-15-2022, 02:20 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

When the majority of the sophomores should be juniors then there’s no difference about them being competitive. That’s not a knock on holdbacks it’s just saying they’re not true aged sophomores. The expectation should’ve been second in district. They had the talent to beat Pulaski with all the injuries they had this year and still got ran.

Every school that's any good in football is probably going to have several hold backs at this point. That's not the advantage it used to be, especially in the mountain area because its a level playing field everywhere. If the talent is there, then the Jags should be able to make some noise in the district the next two years. I'd be more concerned if they are that good and not competing better against Pulaski County down the road than them coming up a little short as sophomores. Either way, good luck! That football program has sure came a long way over the years.
A sophomore or freshman that’s been held back in middle school is still a sophomore and freshman in Hs. Most schools have had lots of repeat players. All three Pulaski schools have almost every kid a holdback and that’s why they are so good. Pulaski beat a state title team in belfry and apparently had good players.
Any truth to Hazards Coach or one of the Assistants applied for this job?

Also any truth to Pennington applied for it?

They have ALWAYS underachieved and been mediocre at best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • FootballFan1999
Will Monday be the day we find out who is offered the job.
(01-15-2022, 11:18 PM)KENTUCKY10 Wrote: Any truth to Hazards Coach or one of the Assistants applied for this job?

Also any truth to Pennington applied for it?
No truth to any of that.
Anyone hear what they decided after interviews today
Looking like it will come down between a former Cumberlands coach or a corbin assistant, not being Mills or Elam.
(01-17-2022, 09:36 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Looking like it will come down between a former Cumberlands  coach or a corbin assistant, not being Mills or Elam.
 What happened with Rhymer at the Cumberlands?
Sorry, haven’t figured out how to post with a quote.

The interviews must have lasted a long time to get all the people I heard was interviewing.
(01-17-2022, 09:36 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Looking like it will come down between a former Cumberlands  coach or a corbin assistant, not being Mills or Elam.
Gotta admit you've got me very curious. Can't think of any remaining Corbin assistant coaches outside of Mills and Elam who would have any desire to become a head coach. I will admit, you are much closer to the Corbin program than I am. Guess we will find out soon enough.
(01-18-2022, 12:47 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
Gotta admit you've got me very curious. Can't think of any remaining Corbin assistant coaches outside of Mills and Elam who would have any desire to become a head coach. I will admit, you are much closer to the Corbin program than I am. Guess we will find out soon enough.
 It is Mauser. All over London.
(01-18-2022, 03:04 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:

no way jody gets it what has he ever done..
(01-18-2022, 03:52 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

He got an interview, don't know if he's getting it. What happened with Rhymer at the Cumberlands?
(01-18-2022, 03:52 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

Got to agree with you. He's never been a head coach, oc, or dc, just a position coach. North Laurel program is better than that.
Did Rhymer get fired from Cumberlands
Interviews are Wednesday. From what I understand it will be a long day. 6 or 7 interviews.

As a Redhound fan I hoped Mouser wouldn’t go for it. In my opinion It would be a way bigger loss than Buckner leaving. He may not have been a HC or coordinator but has been around good football more than any of the names I heard.
(01-18-2022, 10:40 PM)Goingdeep Wrote: Interviews are Wednesday. From what I understand it will be a long day. 6 or 7 interviews.

As a Redhound fan I hoped Mouser wouldn’t go for it. In my opinion It would be a way bigger loss than Buckner leaving. He may not have been a HC or coordinator but has been around good football more than any of the names I heard.

I like Mouser. He does know good football!
(01-18-2022, 07:28 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Did Rhymer get fired from Cumberlands
 I can't find anyone with the lowdown on Rhymer and the Cumberlands.
I don’t think anybody can and it depends on who you talk to. I was told by one person that he was forced out and I was told by another that he wanted get more involve in preaching and his schedule at UC got in the way of that.
(01-18-2022, 11:21 PM)Goingdeep Wrote: I don’t think anybody can and it depends on who you talk to. I was told by one person that he was forced out and I was told by another that he wanted get more involve in preaching and his schedule at UC got in the way of that.
 Did not know he was a minister. A football coach has a heavy work load as done a preacher.
(01-18-2022, 11:04 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 07:28 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Did Rhymer get fired from Cumberlands
 I can't find anyone with the lowdown on Rhymer and the Cumberlands.

He did not get fired, after 8 or so good seasons, he resigned his position. From what I heard, he has been looking to make the move back into high school coaching and teaching for the last couple years and unofficially floated his name for the Corbin job a couple years back. No clue if he even applied for the North Laurel job but it seems like he would be one of the most experienced ones mentioned here if so.
I have a difficult time seeing him leave a job that pays at least 80,000 with little if any classes to teach in college for a high school job that pays 10,000 and having to teach everyday.