Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida at Kentucky
Warford being out doesn't hurt UK at all. He is a pretty mediocre CB.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If...Then Wrote:well does Little get to play?

No, he is out until at least after the bye week.

alfus21 Wrote:Warford being out doesn't hurt UK at all. He is a pretty mediocre CB.

I agree with that, losing Warford isn't a huge loss. I don't mean to put him down, but there are other guys on the team at his position who can come in and do at least as well as him. On the other hand, there is a VERY steep drop-off at corner after Trevard Lindley.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just saw on College Gameday's site that UK has been picked to win from a fan vote. Right now the Cats hold 65% of the votes. You can vote by just clicking on the teams icon that you think is going to win. Its right near the top of the page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMic...howID=FBCG
Get ready to hear touchdown Tebow a lot!!!!!
Booya Wrote:Get ready to hear touchdown Tebow a lot!!!!!

That's fine, we'll be hearing touchdown UK a lot more though which is all that matters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Warford being out doesn't hurt UK at all. He is a pretty mediocre CB.

This is the only player I hate to see on the field for UK. He gives up so many big plays, and I hope this is David Jones coming out party.
blackcat_student Wrote:This is the only player I hate to see on the field for UK. He gives up so many big plays, and I hope this is David Jones coming out party.
I know Jones has been slowed by that emergency surgery he had before the season, but in his career, he has played very well against Florida. Whether it be at receiver, punt/kick returner, or defensive back, he usually plays some good ball against the Gators.
blackcat_student Wrote:This is the only player I hate to see on the field for UK. He gives up so many big plays, and I hope this is David Jones coming out party.

There really aren't a whole lot of great options for the #2 corner. Warford won the job because he played better in practice than Jones and all the other candidates. Not trying to put down Jones, because as an eastern Kentucky boy I want to see him succeed, but I don't know that he would be that much of an upgrade over Warford.

That said, Jones (or someone else) will get their shot these next couple of weeks, so hopefully he will step up and grab hold of that other starting spot!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope to see David Jones in there, I would also like to see him run the reverse against the Gators again, he truely showcased his speed an athleticism on that play...
Im gonna go with Kentucky forsure
I know if we can beat the number 1 team LSU ...that we can take this game too
GO CATS!
Yes it does. Warford has good size and speed for a CB. He got injured sacrificing his body to stop one of LSU's RBs (Murphy I believe) from going down the sideline. He is no TL but he is tough and will be missed in the secondary.
FBALL Wrote:Yes it does. Warford has good size and speed for a CB. He got injured sacrificing his body to stop one of LSU's RBs (Murphy I believe) from going down the sideline. He is no TL but he is tough and will be missed in the secondary.

I hate to disagree but every single big play against us this season has been on his side. I'm glad he stopped one of LSU's backs for once but other than that he's been miserable all season. To say otherwise would be foolish. Go back and watch the games if you want and try to find a WR he has stopped.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warford makes me CRINGE. I mean, I guess he has size and athleticism but he gets beat ALL THE TIME! And i mean ALL THE TIME. I dont know how many times ive seen a WIDE open reciever and Warford 5 yards behind hi mthis year. I dont understand it. Im not glad he's hurt, but im glad someone else will get a chance to make some plays.
You guys need to cut Warford some slack. Its not all his fault. Some of those plays he looks beat on he is supposed to have help over the top from the safties. Also he looks bad because Lindley on the other side is makes every big play possible. TL gets beat too, just like the Int agaist LSU but he is better at closing on the ball. If there was anybody better they would have been in there already.
i say kentucky by one td.
UK-34
FL-21
Andre Woodson is gonna have a big game and will lock the heisman trophy!
[Image: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_38.gif] [Image: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_314.gif] i have no idea what the score is going to be but i hope we win!
my daughter watched last week and she loves UK football now. she never cared anything about watching until that game. that was the most exciting game i have ever watched.

[Image: http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=...xdm082YYUS]
Yet another big game for the cats coming up tomorrow afternoon. Lee an the gang hosting College gameday at the Commonwealth, nothing better than that, except watching the game that is. A high scoring game it will be, but I predict a UK victory 42-39.
GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!
FBALL Wrote:You guys need to cut Warford some slack. Its not all his fault. Some of those plays he looks beat on he is supposed to have help over the top from the safties. Also he looks bad because Lindley on the other side is makes every big play possible. TL gets beat too, just like the Int agaist LSU but he is better at closing on the ball. If there was anybody better they would have been in there already.

Not necessarily...With injuries to Adams, Grigsby, and Jones at the beginning of the year, Warford was really forced in there. These guys are getting healthy now, and I think you will see an improvement tomorrow with the Gators in Lextown.
Cats in another close one. Woodson leads the cats down the field for a winning field goal by Sieber.

Cats-37 UF-34
Just got done watching all the ESPN pre-game stuff before the UConn vs. Louisville football game and everyone is picking Florida. I read an article in today's paper and it brought up a good point. LSU's excuse for getting beat by UK was they just come off a hard, physical game against Florida. UK is coming off a hard, physical game against LSU. If by chance UK does get beat will they be able to play that card as a legit excuse? I think they can but no one will buy it because they all will say that Florida is just a better team. Seems like a double standard to me. Less than 20 hours away to kick-off. Go CATS!!
GRIZZ Wrote:Just got done watching all the ESPN pre-game stuff before the UConn vs. Louisville football game and everyone is picking Florida. I read an article in today's paper and it brought up a good point. LSU's excuse for getting beat by UK was they just come off a hard, physical game against Florida. UK is coming off a hard, physical game against LSU. If by chance UK does get beat will they be able to play that card as a legit excuse? I think they can but no one will buy it because they all will say that Florida is just a better team. Seems like a double standard to me. Less than 20 hours away to kick-off. Go CATS!!

Well, LSU really didnt have an excuse for getting beat. Kentucky was better. I dont think anyone will argue that LSU did not suffer a let down, because they didnt. They came out and punched UK right in the mouth, and we punched em harder. I honestly dont believe UK will come out flat tomorrow. They will not be drained from last week, and they will come out and punch Florida in the mouth. These Wildcats will not be let down. I promise you that. If they lose tomorrow, it will be because Florida beat them.

but they wont...
I like being the underdog. Hasn't stopped these Cats all year!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is goin to be a GRRREAAAATT game.. Tebow VS Woodson I think they both put on a good show but kentucky wins ina nail bite...37-30.
UK thrives on pressure. Their backs are against the wall to collegiate experts and have to prove something to them. I don't know why, because they are the only team with wins over 2 Top 10 teams in the nation, the only team to beat an AP #1 ranked team in 3 years, move the ball effectivly against everyone's favorite defense. I don't see why we can't add defeating the defending national champs to it either. It still won't shut the majority of the nay sayers up, but damn it, it will look and feel good. I'm sure when Florida goes down tomorrow that someone will say they were emotionally drained from the loss of a teammate. I look for the Cats to come out quick, they've had 6 days to get treatments, refreshed, and rested up. No emotional or physical let down tomorrow like you said CD23.
Everyone is talking about the emotional win and everything. UK had an emotional win against Louisville, and then went on the road to Arkansas the next week and won. I know Florida is a better team, but IMO, Florida at home, and Arkansas on the road are very similar in difficulty. And what about LSU? They play an Auburn team that beat Florida AT Florida, and no one is talking about LSU recovering from an emotional LOSS. I don't even watch these college football shows anymore. It just makes me sick to see that no one is respecting UK for anything. It's always because the other team plays bad or they make up some sort of excuse for them. I hope UK plays some serious football tomorrow and sticks it to Meyer and the Gators. Maybe, just MAYBE, the nation will recognize that the powers of the SEC East have switched hands.
I know a lot of people are going to look at my opinion as bias because of my name, but I'm also an avid fan of football in general and watch every UK game I can as they are a great team this year.

A lot of people bring up LSU and that's fine, it was a game for Kentucky that proved they are in fact a contender. I think LSU was the more talented team, but Kentucky was the better team. Talent doesn't make you a better team, heart does and UK showed plenty of it. Florida had the lead the whole game but two minutes against LSU, and LSU ended the game with 5 straight 4th down conversions. That was an amazing game as well. I'm not gonna make excuses for Florida on that game as 5 4th down conversions and you deserve to lose. And Auburn just has Florida's number.

The game coming up though, I think could be a game very similar to the one against LSU and could be game of the year. Both teams are going to end up abandoning the run and it's gonna be a shoot-out between the two heisman QB's and the two hands down best QB's in the country. I d believe you get a Florida win, by 3. 45-42. But it's going to come from Percy Harvin on a carry. UK has some weapons on offense other than Woodson, but they don't have a Percy Harvin and I think his number gets called for a game-breaker and he comes through. Tebow and Woodson both put up insane numbers and neither hurts their teams with turnovers, but in this shootout I have to take Tebow, because of the insanely talented weapon that is Percy Harvin.
FloridaFan Wrote:I know a lot of people are going to look at my opinion as bias because of my name, but I'm also an avid fan of football in general and watch every UK game I can as they are a great team this year.

A lot of people bring up LSU and that's fine, it was a game for Kentucky that proved they are in fact a contender. I think LSU was the more talented team, but Kentucky was the better team. Talent doesn't make you a better team, heart does and UK showed plenty of it. Florida had the lead the whole game but two minutes against LSU, and LSU ended the game with 5 straight 4th down conversions. That was an amazing game as well. I'm not gonna make excuses for Florida on that game as 5 4th down conversions and you deserve to lose. And Auburn just has Florida's number.

The game coming up though, I think could be a game very similar to the one against LSU and could be game of the year. Both teams are going to end up abandoning the run and it's gonna be a shoot-out between the two heisman QB's and the two hands down best QB's in the country. I d believe you get a Florida win, by 3. 45-42. But it's going to come from Percy Harvin on a carry. UK has some weapons on offense other than Woodson, but they don't have a Percy Harvin and I think his number gets called for a game-breaker and he comes through. Tebow and Woodson both put up insane numbers and neither hurts their teams with turnovers, but in this shootout I have to take Tebow, because of the insanely talented weapon that is Percy Harvin.
I like your post, FF. What you said is true...UK doesn't have a Percy Harvin-type player that can have an impact in a number of ways. I think one thing people are overlooking is UK's defense. Yes, they've had problems in recent years with dual-threat quarterbacks, but they only gave up 14 points to SC, and they made the big plays when it mattered against LSU and Louisville, both of which have very good offenses. But Tebow and Harvin are VERY talented. They will get their stats, no doubt, but I do believe come 4th quarter, UK will make the stops it needs to to at least give the offense a chance to win the game. That is what they have done all year. They won't WOW anyone, but they usually put Woodson and the offense in manageable situations to where they can do what they do best. This will be one for the ages, IMO, and I am so looking forward to being there tomorrow. Good luck to both teams.
Collage Gamday picked Florida to win, I hate kirk.
By my name you know who I'm cheering for. With that said.

Wink C~A~T~S Wink

cats~cats~cats
:Cheerlead