Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida at Kentucky
I think we got one of the better coaches in the SEC. He turned that Oregon progam around, and look what he has done with UK when they were finally able to get their depth up to a full roster of scholarship players last season. I think read somewhere that when Brooks got to UK only one player ran a sub 4.5. Now they have over 20. One of the best if not the best QB in the nation(Woodson), a great running back to make his return this week(Little), three good wide recievers(Lyons, Burton, Johnson), quite possibly the best TE in the SEC(Tamme), a great LB in Woodyard, and an OL and DL that is improving every week(Didn't allow a single sack to the top sacking team in the SEC, and the DL is helping to stuff the runs up the middle). We played Florida in the first half close the past couple of meetings, but then got tired in the second half allowing them to pull away. This UK team seems to thrive in the second half, having already 3 or 4 comebacks in the 2nd half for wins this season. I don't think UK will put up 40 but I think they will put up enough to allow the defense a few bad miscues and still win the game.
The key for Kentucky is to Contain Tebow and force him to make his mistakes.... Kentucky by 13... 37-24
Where could I get tickets at, besides on ebay and ticket master?
or are them the only way I could get them?
So how many of you are going? I sure am. say hi if ya see me. Ill be in section 104 Row 5 seat 22. YEE-HAA GO CATS!!!
NYY10 Wrote:Where could I get tickets at, besides on ebay and ticket master?
or are them the only way I could get them?

www.stubhub.com

or facebook.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stubhub.com is good, but you will not find a ticket under $125.00- or $150.00 anywhere...
TE#82 Wrote:to much speed and talent for the wildcats... to much tebow to much havin to much myer to much class for the cats... ive picked uk all year long but u got to face the facts they havent got the talent that florida has and sure the hell hasnt got the coach that florida has... florida by 21... 42 - 21...

Quite possibly the most ridiculous post I have ever read here on BGR.

Like others have said, if UK has the talent to beat LSU, what makes you think they couldn't beat Florida? Not saying they should be favored to win, but to make a blanket statement that UK can't compete with the Gators is utterly ridiculous. If memory serves me correctly, UK has hung tough with Florida in recent years with teams much less talented than this year's Wildcats.

If you say Florida will win, that's fine. I'd say they will be favored by both the oddsmakers and national experts. But to say UK gets blown out in their home stadium? No way.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If...Then Wrote:will anyone be there besides me?

Kentucky - 19
Florida - 24

SORRY CATS
DANG! You pick against Pikeville and UK. You probably are picking al queda to beat the US as well arent you? LOL!!!!
A Lonas Sieber field goal wins it for the Cats
UK-24
UF-21
Alfus your anti UK because of tubby leaving.Of course i will get some harsh words from middee for even disagreeing with you alfus but this is a free country and your ANTI KY SINCE TUBBY WAS RUN OFF.YOU WILL DIE IF KY BEATS FLORIDA. yOUR THE MOST NEGATIVE PERSON ON HERE ALFUS AND YOU GO TO KENTUCKY.GO BACK AND READ YOUR POSTS AND SEE HOW A GOOD WORD FROM YOU ABOUT KY IS FEW AND FAR BETWEEN
alfus21 Wrote:Just because UK beat the #1 team doesn't mean they can't lose to anyone in the country. LSU beat South Carolina who beat us, so you can't make those comparisons.

Truth be told, Florida's offense is much more potent than LSU's and their defense is solid as well. I think Urban is a much better coach than Les Miles, not to mention Florida is coming to UK on two weeks rest while UK has a week after a draining emotional win over LSU.

I know UK can win this one, but it won't be as easy as many think. I won't predict a score but this one can go either way. And If Then...'s prediction is just as valid as any others I've seen. This will be a battle.
Nobody thinks this will be an easy game.Kentucky will have to play their best to just have a chance to win.
TE#82,
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Rediculous statement - LSU has by far the most talented and fastest team in the country, as they proved when they beat Florida. If we can beat them, no team will beat us just on "talent and speed". And as for you Ohio State avatar, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to talk about talnt and speed. OSU is the most overrated team in the country - UK would hang 40+ on them.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You're the only one so far not picking the Cats.

Tell us why after beating the #1 team, who Florida couldn't beat, why UK would lose to them at home?

florida lost by 1 TD to LSU. actually just 4. Kentucky won by 1 TD to LSU so its anybodys game. I just think that UK will come in thinking woahh we beat LSU were the stuff. and Florida will be ready to play and keep it running kickoff to buzzer

You guys wait and see. Let me just say it will be no cake walk for the CATS. But i gotta keep the faith for my home team.
ComfortEagle Wrote:www.stubhub.com

or facebook.com

alrite, thanks. I'll check them out!
this is gonna be a great game but uk by a hair 27-24 uk
College Gameday going to Lexington, Cats are in top 10, and Florida is scared Shitless....Going with the Cats Baby!!!!

Kentucky- 42 Florida-35 Live Blue!.......
I seen a lot of predictions saying like UK-24-21, I really hope UK just comes out of the game with the W, But I see no way UK cant hold FL under 30pts.Their offense is better than LSU and maybe the best we will have seen so far, I think the Cats will take it but it will be a high scoring game no way FL scores under 30.Cats are just going to have to outscore the gators!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MVP2 Wrote:I seen a lot of predictions saying like UK-24-21, I really hope UK just comes out of the game with the W, But I see no way UK cant hold FL under 30pts.Their offense is better than LSU and maybe the best we will have seen so far, I think the Cats will take it but it will be a high scoring game no way FL scores under 30.Cats are just going to have to outscore the gators!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats basically what i was trying to say in my earlier posts
Just in case no one was aware, Rafael Little will miss yet another game along with DB Paul Warford, sophomore back Alfonso Smith will return for the Cats, so will LB Johnny Williams, and safety Marcus McClinton.
ESPN College Game Day will set up their set in front of the Library due to the stadium being out there all by itself. ESPN decided to do something different for this broadcast by setting up set in front of the library because they feel the library provides and excellent back drop.

I also feel this will show alot of kids looking at college that hey UK is also a top school when it comes to education.

UK will win this game. We couldn't beat The Ole Coach's" streak against us in Columbia but I bet UK musters up a win on Saturday to break UF's streak!
tomcatin Wrote:Alfus your anti UK because of tubby leaving.Of course i will get some harsh words from middee for even disagreeing with you alfus but this is a free country and your ANTI KY SINCE TUBBY WAS RUN OFF.YOU WILL DIE IF KY BEATS FLORIDA. yOUR THE MOST NEGATIVE PERSON ON HERE ALFUS AND YOU GO TO KENTUCKY.GO BACK AND READ YOUR POSTS AND SEE HOW A GOOD WORD FROM YOU ABOUT KY IS FEW AND FAR BETWEEN

tomcatin, I think alfus is just trying to be reasonably optimistic. UK football fans have had their hearts broken so many times, it's safe to not be too optimistic.

I gaurantee that everyone in that stadium on Saturday was thinking back to the "Bluegrass Miracle" and praying that it wouldn't happen agan.

So, to approach the Florida game with some caution is something many UK fans can't avoid right now.

I don't doubt that alfus or the majority of the people here want UK to win, but Florida won't be a pushover.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tomcatin Wrote:Alfus your anti UK because of tubby leaving.Of course i will get some harsh words from middee for even disagreeing with you alfus but this is a free country and your ANTI KY SINCE TUBBY WAS RUN OFF.YOU WILL DIE IF KY BEATS FLORIDA. yOUR THE MOST NEGATIVE PERSON ON HERE ALFUS AND YOU GO TO KENTUCKY.GO BACK AND READ YOUR POSTS AND SEE HOW A GOOD WORD FROM YOU ABOUT KY IS FEW AND FAR BETWEEN

Yeah, since that has so much to do with the football team. I'm pretty anti UK, that's why I go here and go to every home game, because I hate them so bad. Rolleyes Smile

I won't die, maybe of partying after the win but it won't be because I'm upset. I wasn't being negative at all. I said UK can win this game but it's easy to see that Florida has more rest, a better offense than LSU, and playing with more emotion after the death of a teammate.

Thanks for the analysis though, I appreciate it.

tomcatin Wrote:Nobody thinks this will be an easy game.Kentucky will have to play their best to just have a chance to win.

And then you agree with what I said? Makes plenty of sense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If...Then Wrote:florida lost by 1 TD to LSU. actually just 4. Kentucky won by 1 TD to LSU so its anybodys game. I just think that UK will come in thinking woahh we beat LSU were the stuff. and Florida will be ready to play and keep it running kickoff to buzzer

You guys wait and see. Let me just say it will be no cake walk for the CATS. But i gotta keep the faith for my home team.

I disagree, I don't think Rich Brooks will allow them to get the big head. For one, there is simple too much at stake (SEC East, potential national title game) to lose focus on Florida. Also, the fact that the Gators are favored by a TD despite the game being at Commonwealth should help Brooks convince the players that they are still not getting any respect.

This will be a close game, and the Cats may lose, but if they do it won't be because they came in overconfident. More likely, if they lose it will be because UK is coming into the game banged up with some injuries, while Florida had a bye week to rest up and get healthy.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First of all how did I get drug into this discussion?

Second Alfus is a true blue UK fan but he does not get caught up trying to look at everything through his blue glasses. He states his opinion of the game and the team and that is the premise of this board. No one has a right to call him out and belittle him for voicing his opinion because i have not seen any absurd projections coming from him. Until then he is as welcome to voice his opinion as the next person.
More Cowbell Wrote:I disagree, I don't think Rich Brooks will allow them to get the big head. For one, there is simple too much at stake (SEC East, potential national title game) to lose focus on Florida. Also, the fact that the Gators are favored by a TD despite the game being at Commonwealth should help Brooks convince the players that they are still not getting any respect.

This will be a close game, and the Cats may lose, but if they do it won't be because they came in overconfident. More likely, if they lose it will be because UK is coming into the game banged up with some injuries, while Florida had a bye week to rest up and get healthy.

well does Little get to play?

I also have to ask this question. You are a new member that joined in September of 07, long after all of the Tubby issues have been put to rest. How in the world do you know anything about Alfus and his feelings towards the situation?

I would find it hard to believe that you went back through and read all of the old threads on UK basketball before you joined. Seems like there is something fishy going on about all of this.
Why is Warford out??? I know he went out for a series or two but was back in at the end of the game...
kyr450 Wrote:Why is Warford out??? I know he went out for a series or two but was back in at the end of the game...

Paul Warford broke his collarbone in the game. According to Fox Sports he will be out for two weeks, however, I believe it will be much longer.
Enjoy those expensive ebay tickets, I will settle for my $5 student ticket..
Warford said it is only a fracture, not a serious break.. looking at 3 weeks