Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament
Fan1 Wrote:Paige is fine.

But she didn't have the best game against Pikeville.

That is the worst i have ever seen her play.

But they came back and got it back together.
Survive and advance. Better to have the bad one this round than the next two. Hopefully the youthful team gets it together.
Semi-final - 10/17/07

6:00 p.m.
JCHS vs Belfry

7:15 p.m.
PCC vs MCHS

Predictions anyone??
Pickle-princess Wrote:Semi-final - 10/17/07

6:00 p.m.
JCHS vs Belfry

7:15 p.m.
PCC vs MCHS

Predictions anyone??

Belfry and PCC
then Belfry will win it all
My Prediction: Belfry and Pike Central in the Championship. Could go either way because Belfry is awesome but Pike Central sure showed alot of heart last night against Allen Central.
belfry all the way
Johnson Central actually beat Belfry I believe!!!!
JCHS won the first game like 38-36, then Belfry came back to win the next 2 games.
wow i have never heard of a volleyball game going that long, well not around here anyway
Congrats to Belfry and PCC on their win. Also, congrats to the Lady Eagles on a great season. A lot of girls are coming back.
That was a good one on JC home floor, they have a nice ball club.
oneandonly Wrote:wow i have never heard of a volleyball game going that long, well not around here anyway
That was the longest volleyball game that I have ever seen. First game was awesome. JCHS, just lost steam during the 2nd and 3rd games. I thought that this was going to be the year they went to state.

Great season Lady Eagles, hold your heads up high.
Looks like Belfry will go to state again.

PCC cant beat them and has played good in the tournament.

But Belfry always gets fired up, esp. if know they can go to state for like the 5th time in a row.
anybody have any updates?
Belfry Won Region
Congradulations to belfry
I knew they would do it
Good luck at state girls!
Congrats to all the girls, scary thing is this team is very young. Also congrats to Rick Mounts, the man knows his business.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Congrats to all the girls, scary thing is this team is very young. Also congrats to Rick Mounts, the man knows his business.

All but 1 return next year.....Rick Mounts, is a great coach, and has a great team Congrats to Belfry and Good Luck at State
the all tournament team was a joke some girls played awful all three games an got on it some girls from belfry let the ball fall in front of them alnight long an hit it in the net alnight long an still got on it it was pitiful...:confused:
tcgswp1 Wrote:the all tournament team was a joke some girls played awful all three games an got on it some girls from belfry let the ball fall in front of them alnight long an hit it in the net alnight long an still got on it it was pitiful...:confused:

The coaches are who vote on the all tournament team. I didn't get to see all of the games, but for the most part it was a good group.
tcgswp1 Wrote:the all tournament team was a joke some girls played awful all three games an got on it some girls from belfry let the ball fall in front of them alnight long an hit it in the net alnight long an still got on it it was pitiful...:confused:

The all tournament is really picked from the two previous nights with the exception of the MVP. I don't know who you are in doubt about. All the players on it are very deserving of the honor. This is the most talented all tournament team I've seen and shows the overall improvement of volleyball in the 15th region. Congrats to all the players who made this team and all participating teams in the tournament.
Tin Cup Wrote:The all tournament is really picked from the two previous nights with the exception of the MVP. I don't know who you are in doubt about. All the players on it are very deserving of the honor. This is the most talented all tournament team I've seen and shows the overall improvement of volleyball in the 15th region. Congrats to all the players who made this team and all participating teams in the tournament.

From what I saw, I agree with you. Does the All-Tournament team go anywhere from here? Or, is it just a recognition type thing?
Pickle-princess Wrote:From what I saw, I agree with you. Does the All-Tournament team go anywhere from here? Or, is it just a recognition type thing?

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
It's just a recognition type thing!
[/COLOR]
who made the all tournament team
Jordon Jarrell from Betsy Layne
Brittany Hodge from Allen Central
Dont know the girls from East Ridge, Magoffin Co., or Pikeville.
Celena Conley & libero(dont know her name), maybe Katy King from Johnson Central-->[i'm not sure on this]
Kayla Pennington, Kayla Lowe, & another girl from PCC
Alexis Howard, Meagan(i think..#14?), #21,....& Paige Thacker got MVP
Fan1 Wrote:Jordon Jarrell from Betsy Layne
Brittany Hodge from Allen Central
Dont know the girls from East Ridge, Magoffin Co., or Pikeville.
Celena Conley & libero(dont know her name), maybe Katy King from Johnson Central-->[i'm not sure on this]
Kayla Pennington, Kayla Lowe, & another girl from PCC
Alexis Howard, Meagan(i think..#14?), #21,....& Paige Thacker got MVP

Pike Central
#3 Beth Blackburn #12 Kayla Lowe #25 Kayla Pennington

Magoffin County #11[FONT=&quot]Amelia Watkins & ???

Pikeville #11 ??

Belfry #14 Meghan Staten #21 Brittney Staten #3 Alexis Howard
#6 Paige Thacker MVP

Allen Central #6Brittany Hodge

Johnson Central #11Celena Conley & ???

[/FONT]Betsy Layne Jordon Jarrell

East Ridge ??

Maybe someone could fill in the others
Tin Cup Wrote:Pike Central
#3 Beth Blackburn #12 Kayla Lowe #25 Kayla Pennington

Magoffin County #11[FONT=&quot]Amelia Watkins & ???[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pikeville #11 ??[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Belfry #14 Meghan Staten #21 Brittney Staten #3 Alexis Howard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#6 Paige Thacker MVP[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Allen Central #6Brittany Hodge[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Johnson Central #11Celena Conley & ???[/FONT]

Betsy Layne Jordon Jarrell

East Ridge ??

Maybe someone could fill in the others
21 for Belfry is Brittney Branham, 14 is Staten girl, I can speak for Belfry girls, those all deserved the All tournament team.
Belfry Wins Wrote:21 for Belfry is Brittney Branham, 14 is Staten girl, I can speak for Belfry girls, those all deserved the All tournament team.
The other for Magoffin was # 1 Felicia ?? & JCHS was #10 Brooke Conley

I have a picture of them, but don't have a clue how to send it.
Pickle-princess Wrote:The other for Magoffin was # 1 Felicia ?? & JCHS was #10 Brooke Conley

I have a picture of them, but don't have a clue how to send it.

Felicia Prater
East Ridge-Breanna Bentley
Pikeville- Christina Johnson