Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. boys basketball coach Mark White no longer with program
Per the Times Tribune:

"Whitley County High School's boys basketball program has parted ways with coach Mark White, just two games into his second season.
White had led the team to a 2-0 start to the season after a 4-16 season last year.
Whitley County Athletic Director Bryan Stewart sent a press release to make the announcement on Wednesday evening."
Okay, what did he do ? Did he pull a Rick Jones? Did Rick even coach a single game as Wburg coach?
(12-08-2021, 09:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Okay, what did he do ?  Did he pull a Rick Jones? Did Rick even coach a single game as Wburg coach?
Unfortunately Rick did not make it but days into the school year.  Very sad.  Williamsburg had some talent that he could have really made some waves with in the region.  This was not that type of issue.
(12-09-2021, 01:08 AM)Navin Johnson Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Okay, what did he do ?  Did he pull a Rick Jones? Did Rick even coach a single game as Wburg coach?
Unfortunately Rick did not make it but days into the school year.  Very sad.  Williamsburg had some talent that he could have really made some waves with in the region.  This was not that type of issue.

Rick found trouble about everywhere he went--- Vandy, EKU, Williamsburg. Did he stay out of trouble while at Murray?  He was a fun player to watch. Too bad he had those personal issues.
It’s no secret that Whitley has had a lot of issues. They made the right step by going outside to hire White. After last years debacle and several players leaving team for various reasons, it was inevitable that they would get rid of White. He did a great job considering he was told who he would start and play and couldn’t play. This type stuff is why Whitley can’t get out of its own way. Get ready for some family ball, I mean hoops.
Per The News Journal:

"White said in a phone interview Thursday that he has no hard feelings toward anyone over the decision, but officials offered him no reason behind it.

“The only thing that they said to me was they just didn’t like the direction of the program,” White said when asked what he was told by Whitley County officials.

Neither Whitley County Superintendent John Siler nor Athletic Director Bryan Stewart returned calls seeking a comment."

https://www.thenewsjournal.net/former-wh...p8wS_mbsIE
Mad mommies and daddies, I guess.  Damn shame...
(12-09-2021, 09:06 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: It’s no secret that Whitley has had a lot of issues. They made the right step by going outside to hire White. After last years debacle and several players leaving team for various reasons, it was inevitable that they would get rid of White. He did a great job considering he was told who he would start and play and couldn’t play. This type stuff is why Whitley can’t get out of its own way. Get ready for some family ball, I mean hoops.

Whitley is trying to do the right thing, I just wish they would have thrown away the playbook of political stuff. Instead they gave it to MIlls and he brought it back to corbin and ruined our football program. Siler and Stewart are going to have whitley the top program in the county in football, and baseball( and I love corbins philpot) but whitley will be tough again this year they just wont be able to get past Coach P in basketball, that dude can coach and win.
(12-09-2021, 10:54 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 09:06 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: It’s no secret that Whitley has had a lot of issues. They made the right step by going outside to hire White. After last years debacle and several players leaving team for various reasons, it was inevitable that they would get rid of White. He did a great job considering he was told who he would start and play and couldn’t play. This type stuff is why Whitley can’t get out of its own way. Get ready for some family ball, I mean hoops.

Whitley is trying to do the right thing, I just wish they would have thrown away the playbook of political stuff.  Instead they gave it to MIlls and he brought it back to corbin and ruined our football program.  Siler and Stewart are going to have whitley the top program in the county in  football, and baseball( and I love corbins philpot) but whitley will be tough again this year they just wont be able to get past Coach P in basketball, that dude can coach and win.

I guess opening the season 2-0 was going the wrong direction. I don't really know what's going on here, but I figured he was a good coach, and would turn them around. I hope the truth comes out soon.
(12-09-2021, 11:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Whitley is trying to do the right thing, I just wish they would have thrown away the playbook of political stuff.  Instead they gave it to MIlls and he brought it back to corbin and ruined our football program.  Siler and Stewart are going to have whitley the top program in the county in  football, and baseball( and I love corbins philpot) but whitley will be tough again this year they just wont be able to get past Coach P in basketball, that dude can coach and win.

I guess opening the season 2-0 was going the wrong direction. I don't really know what's going on here, but I figured he was a good coach, and would turn them around. I hope the truth comes out soon.

This basketball thing is pretty odd. Why two games into the season? I'm guessing some moms and dads were threatening to pull their little jimmys and johnnies off the team.  The political stuff in HS athletics just ruins programs, like it has in Corbin football. I hope they give Zeke E. a chance to build something good there in football and don't let politics ruin it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(12-09-2021, 10:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Mad mommies and daddies, I guess.  Damn shame...
That’s exactly what this is about. Hearing one quit last week that had quit last season also. Be very interesting to see who gets this position. Any ideas?
(12-09-2021, 11:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

This basketball thing is pretty odd. Why two games into the season? I'm guessing some moms and dads were threatening to pull their little jimmys and johnnies off the team.  The political stuff in HS athletics just ruins programs, like it has in Corbin football. I hope they give Zeke E. a chance to build something good there in football and don't let politics ruin it.

It seemed things are going in the right direction with the baseball program, and trying to make good hires in other sports. I don't know enough about the basketball program right now to say what's going on. I hope it's not politics. that has been so frustrating Sad
The Colonels moved to 3-0 with a win over Hazard last night by the way.
How do we get coach reinstated immediately?
(12-10-2021, 03:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote: How do we get coach reinstated immediately?
Well,  in Tony P's case at Knox Central, I heard 60% of the starting lineup was prepared to transfer to Corbin if he wasn't reinstated. Seems like White probably has not built up quite the equity with Whitley's mommy and daddy fanbase that Patterson has at KCentral.
(12-10-2021, 05:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
Well,  in Tony P's case at Knox Central, I heard 60% of the starting lineup was prepared to transfer to Corbin if he wasn't reinstated. Seems like White probably has not built up quite the equity with Whitley's mommy and daddy fanbase that Patterson has at KCentral.

it somehow doesn't seem right that a little small clique gets to make decisions for large groups of people. too much nepotism, and too many  life-long school board members going on.

Vote democrat Lol!!
60% of starting lineup? That’s insane, what would Corbin do with current starters?
Horne starts his head coaching resume with a win over Hazard. Whitley held a 19 point lead at one time but did hold on for the victory to start off 3-0. Schedule is not horrific like some past seasons.
(12-10-2021, 11:06 AM)64SUR Wrote:

Vote democrat Lol!!

that's probably a thing of the past.
(12-10-2021, 07:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

it somehow doesn't seem right that a little small clique gets to make decisions for large groups of people. too much nepotism, and too many  life-long school board members going on.

TRUTH !!!
(12-10-2021, 03:44 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

It seemed things are going in the right direction with the baseball program, and trying to make good hires in other sports. I don't know enough about the basketball program right now to say what's going on. I hope it's not politics. that has been so frustrating Sad

So as an outsider who is this clique that is making all the decisions????  Is it like the Varsity Club in Corbin?   Everyone says that it’s a clique but nobody calls them out.  You seem to know, so I’m just curious
(12-11-2021, 02:58 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 10:54 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Whitley is trying to do the right thing, I just wish they would have thrown away the playbook of political stuff.  Instead they gave it to MIlls and he brought it back to corbin and ruined our football program.  Siler and Stewart are going to have whitley the top program in the county in  football, and baseball( and I love corbins philpot) but whitley will be tough again this year they just wont be able to get past Coach P in basketball, that dude can coach and win.

So as an outsider who is this clique that is making all the decisions????  Is it like the Varsity Club in Corbin?   Everyone says that it’s a clique but nobody calls them out.  You seem to know, so I’m just curious

I've not only called out the Redhound VC, I've posted names and a photo(the only one I could find).  They have run the football program in the ground. Is basketball next?  What happened to the CFIT?

I wouldn't doubt that the same political bullshittery goes on at Whitley. I just hope they leave Coach Eier alone and let him run the football program. He knows what he's doing.
Maybe Whitley needs someone to call them out. Not sure anyone here has the club or list info…..and like Corbin it wouldn’t change a thing.
(12-11-2021, 03:40 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: Maybe Whitley needs someone to call them out.  Not sure anyone here has the club or list info…..and like Corbin it wouldn’t change a thing.

Sad but true !!!
Had a chance to get to know Coach White, wish him the best…
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldJacket's post:
  • pjdoug
What happened to the Estes brothers at Whitley?
(12-11-2021, 02:58 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 10:54 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Whitley is trying to do the right thing, I just wish they would have thrown away the playbook of political stuff.  Instead they gave it to MIlls and he brought it back to corbin and ruined our football program.  Siler and Stewart are going to have whitley the top program in the county in  football, and baseball( and I love corbins philpot) but whitley will be tough again this year they just wont be able to get past Coach P in basketball, that dude can coach and win.

Most questions are not stupid, but usually when a stupid question is asked, it is asked by a member of the clique, and is usually an A-hole or a Whole-A.
(12-11-2021, 03:40 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: Maybe Whitley needs someone to call them out.  Not sure anyone here has the club or list info…..and like Corbin it wouldn’t change a thing.

Maybe they need called out, but it wouldn't change a thing???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????