Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3A 2022 Predictions?
Thoughts?
Paducah v Belfry part II.
Probably Belfry.
Tilghman versus Belfry
I’m good with PT/Belfry

But as this season taught us, favorites and ratings don’t always guarantee us anything, rather who is playing their best ball at the right time
Tilghman was pretty young this year, weren't they?
Bell County will be decent next year, not sure they will compete for the 3A title, but they bring a good corp back and have a good group coming up that will be Freshmen.
Glasgow returns 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense including their 6’3 225 lb running back and QB and most of the line
Will Belfry have a big play threat (Gamebreaker) next season? I know they have some solid skill kids returning but let’s be honest, without Dixon, not sure they would’ve made it very far. I look for Young and Stanley to be standouts but not sure either have that big play speed. Maybe they do, maybe they will, some posters a little closer to the Belfry program can probably fill me in. Is there a kid on the sidelines that’s just waiting his chance to step into that Dixon role? Maybe they rely on a very good OL and literally just 3-4 yard you to death, and play good D and win games 21-14 and 28-20 and scores in that range?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(12-07-2021, 03:53 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Tilghman was pretty young this year, weren't they?
PT Started 6 freshmen
I'm going with Belfry. Heard they have a really good transfer coming in named Missaac Dickson.
Pt, Glasgow, and Bardstown will be loaded.
I believe Lawrence will battle Belfry for the region next year. It was a heck of a game in the 2nd round and the Bulldogs return a lot.
1. Tilghman
2. Glasgow
3. Belfry
4. Bardstown
5. CAL
6. Bell County
7. Lawrence County
8. Ashland
9. Union County
10. Russell
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Brutus
1. Tilghman 
2. CAL
3. Belfry 
4. Bell Co
5. Ashland 
6. Glasgow
7. Lawrence Co 
8. Taylor Co
9. Russell 
10. I’m out of good teams to even think of

(12-08-2021, 12:24 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: 1. Tilghman 
2. CAL
3. Belfry 
4. Bell Co
5. Ashland 
6. Glasgow
7. Lawrence Co 
8. Taylor Co
9. Russell 
Bardstown slots in somewhere
2. CAL
3. Belfry 
4. Bell Co
5. Ashland 
6. Glasgow
7. Lawrence Co 
8. Taylor Co
9. Russell 

2. CAL
3. Belfry 
4. Bell Co
5. Ashland 
6. Glasgow
7. Lawrence Co 
8. Taylor Co
9. Russell 
I would put Bardstown in top 5. Drop Taylor to 10.  
1.PT
2. CAL
3.Belfry
4. Glasgow
5. Bardstown 
6. Bell Co.
7. Ashland
8. Lawrence
9. Russell
10. Taylor Co.
Definitely will have sleeper teams step up, do every year. Order could be moved a little, but teams look correct.
3A is going to be fun next year looks like to me.
(12-08-2021, 03:37 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
2. CAL
3. Belfry 
4. Bell Co
5. Ashland 
6. Glasgow
7. Lawrence Co 
8. Taylor Co
9. Russell 

2. CAL
3. Belfry 
4. Bell Co
5. Ashland 
6. Glasgow
7. Lawrence Co 
8. Taylor Co
9. Russell 
I would put Bardstown in top 5. Drop Taylor to 10.  
1.PT
2. CAL
3.Belfry
4. Glasgow
5. Bardstown 
6. Bell Co.
7. Ashland
8. Lawrence
9. Russell
10. Taylor Co.
Definitely will have sleeper teams step up, do every year. Order could be moved a little, but teams look correct.
I believe Lawrence County should be up a couple spots.
Lawrence will be very strong defensively and very strong at the line of scrimmage. Replacing Strickland, Fletcher, Hall, Collinsworth, and Bellomy won’t be easy.
If they have kids step forward at the skill spots that will be vacant, there’s legit reason for serious optimism.
Will any of the teams mentioned at top be staying in 3A or move up/down in the next classification?
Tilghman supposedly has some kids who have transferred from McCracken County - whose program is struggling. They will be competitive if someone can teach the D the correct reads and keys on the modified veer.
is E-Town out of contention? What about Mercer County ? Could Garrard county be a top 10 team with the right hire?
I think Bell will be really good if we can figure out a good solution at QB. Coach Hilton can still get it done!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArJay's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
(12-09-2021, 03:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: is E-Town out of contention? What about Mercer County ? Could Garrard county be a top 10 team with the right hire?
Garrard county will have to beat the bobcats before all else, but has one of the best players in the class coming back next year for sure. He’s been one of the most dynamic young players i’ve ever seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • pjdoug
I think Garrard county will be good. Jeff Hester will be running the defense, so you know they will be tough.
Belfry may struggle early but they'll be in the hunt at the end. Replacing Dixon is nearly impossibly. Who will step up and be the featured back? Been a long time since Belfry hasn't had a homerun threat in the backfield. Who will that be next year?
3A will be bad again.
(12-25-2021, 07:09 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 3A will be bad again.
I agree wholeheartedly.  3A was down this year.....and will be down in 2022.  
I would think Paducah Tilghman will be the prohibitive favorite.
(12-25-2021, 07:05 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
I'd rather Belfry go down to 2a and go to that Martin County, Shelby Valley, East Ridge district. They are borderline 2a in numbers.
(12-25-2021, 07:49 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 07:05 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
I'd rather Belfry go down to 2a and go to that Martin County, Shelby Valley, East Ridge district. They are borderline 2a in numbers.
I’m pretty certain we are in the bottom of 2a enrollment wise right now.