Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1A 2022 Predictions?
Thoughts?
Pikeville is the favorites in my opinion. Bring back a huge part of their team on both sides and then Carson should be 100% healthy going into to off-season workouts.

Raceland is returning a major portion of their roster as well at key positions.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pikeville has to be the favorite with what they have coming back. Sure they lose McNamee at QB, but they really didn’t use him the way we all thought they would, hell they didn’t have to. They return a RB that just had 2,500 yards rushing this season, behind that big line, who they also return.

Raceland was a young team this year and return majority of their guys back.

Paintsville has a lot returning, but did lose their top two tacklers in Davis and Sexton. Will also have to replace Preece on the OL and all around skill guy Zack Taylor.
Pikeville on top with the usual suspects trying to knock them off from the East. I'd say the east right now is Pikeville, Hazard, Williamsburg, and Raceland in that order. I don't know anything about the other teams in 1a as far as what they return but I'd imagine those 4 teams will compose a majority of the top 7 in 1A next year if not the top 5.
Anyone but Pikeville.
Raceland is the favorite. They should win the state title by Eleventy Billion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • 2000PHS
(12-07-2021, 05:02 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Raceland is the favorite. They should win the state title by Eleventy Billion.

Eleventy Billion   Big Grin That cracks me up!
Raceland has alot coming back, but how far they go is dictated by what they are doing in the weight room right now. From an atheletic speed standpoint, we had the peices to win a title this year. That speed was not strong enough though. The kids need to live in the weight room and put on some muscle mass and KEEP THE SPEED in doing so. That, imo is the only way we get to where we want to be.
What do the western teams have? Russellville proved that the supplemental year coupled with some transfers can change EVERYTHING. From year to year. At this point just about anything can happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Big Five-0-
With what Pikeville returns next season, I think the Panthers have a legitimate shot at repeating. Raceland, Hazard, Williamsburg, and Paintsville will have something to say about that. Raceland only loses two to graduation....I think. Raceland fans could verify that. Hazard still looks good for next season. Imo, not much of a gap between them and Raceland. Pikeville loses some very good talent in Landon Hammock and Jacoby Thornsbury on the D line. Those two were VERY good players. Hammock was the starting center on the O line as well. Return defensive backs, defensive ends, linebackers. Defensive line takes a hit, but good young talent with some experience to take up the slack. On offense we lose Mcnamee at QB, but return all running backs, plus.  Lose starting center and an O tackle in Clark. Lockhart graduates at wide receiver, but Wade Jackson returns at that position, plus others with plenty of experience and good hands and speed. Panthers have two GOOD candidates that will compete to replace Isaac McNamee at quarterback. August is a looooong way off, but Pikeville, Imo has the pieces that will be put in place that COULD take them back to Kroger Field.
After seeing what Pikeville did to Raceland I think we have a long ways to go to close that gap. As Scotty said we had speed but we we overpowered by Pikeville and they had more speed than us as well. If Raceland is going to be a serious contender then our guys have to get bigger and stronger period.
Im not gonna bet against Coach Mac with all the guys he has coming back!! They may not win number 7, but they have to be the favorite going into 2022 as long as they are healthy!!
(12-07-2021, 05:02 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Raceland is the favorite. They should win the state title by Eleventy Billion.
At least
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville until someone proves why they shouldn't be. Raceland isn't going to beat Pikeville cause they don't think they can. Hazard will be their toughest competition in 1a next year.
Pikeville with the recruits they go get and have returning.
Lord god here we go with the recruiting bs. When teams win, kids wanna go win. Parents want their kids to win. Parents also want their kids getting a quality education. Pikeville delivers in both areas. Fact of the matter is this, as long as no one is creating a job for their family member just to get them to play, or no money or other incentive is involved in getting them to play, who the hell cares? Dont want kids leaving your school to play somewhere else? Build something worth sticking around for.
[-] The following 6 users Like Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, KettleKorn, PHSFOREVER1, Redneck, Sportsdadof2
(12-08-2021, 08:29 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Lord god here we go with the recruiting bs. When teams win, kids wanna go win. Parents want their kids to win. Parents also want their kids getting a quality education. Pikeville delivers in both areas. Fact of the matter is this, as long as no one is creating a job for their family member just to get them to play, or no money or other incentive is involved in getting them to play, who the hell cares? Dont want kids leaving your school to play somewhere else? Build something worth sticking around for.

That’s right!
Successful teams will have transfers or out od district kids. Its just the nature of the beast
I wouldn't pay him any mind. Look at his post history, he's had a little too much salt with his eggs this morning.
Pikeville will be in the mix for sure.
Of all the flavors in this world...people still choose salty. Smh
(12-08-2021, 07:42 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Pikeville with the recruits they go get and have returning.
I'm going to answer a fool to his folly just one time and see if you understand it.

"DO IT AND THEY WILL COME"- Do what?   Provide the best education system that you can that attracts those who want to learn all they can, and have NO politics in the system. And then go to the next level and pursue a career and give it your all!

"BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME" - BUILD WHAT?   Build sports programs that strive to go to the 2nd level in High School, and wins championships. Have these student athletes "COLLEGE READY" when they graduate by attracting the best instructors and Coaching staffs that are there for the right reason.

I don't think that's called recruiting. It's called "TRYING TO DO BETTER FOR THE SAKE OF THE STUDENT/ATHLETE"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Sportsdadof2
(12-08-2021, 01:44 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:42 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Pikeville with the recruits they go get and have returning.
I'm going to answer a fool to his folly just one time and see if you understand it.

"DO IT AND THEY WILL COME"- Do what?   Provide the best education system that you can that attracts those who want to learn all they can, and have NO politics in the system. And then go to the next level and pursue a career and give it your all!

"BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME" - BUILD WHAT?   Build sports programs that strive to go to the 2nd level in High School, and wins championships. Have these student athletes "COLLEGE READY" when they graduate by attracting the best instructors and Coaching staffs that are there for the right reason.

I don't think that's called recruiting. It's called "TRYING TO DO BETTER FOR THE SAKE OF THE STUDENT/ATHLETE"
I compare it to like jobs. If your working at job A who doesn't provide a great work environment and doesn't pay the best money and you have an opportunity to leave and go to job B who provides a great work environment and pays more money than job A your going to leave and take that better opportunity. No different. You leave bc you want a better opportunity. Boss from job B isn't begging you to come work for him bc the opportunities his job provides speak for themselves.
Pirate for life that’s about as good as I have ever seen it stated!!!! Parents and kids want to be in the best opportunity to succeed.
Yes. 1000% yes to the 2 above posts.
There is a reason small schools like Raceland and Pikeville consistently field teams of 50+ kids. Raceland had there smallest roster in nearly 15 years with 49 kids. Thats really remarkable, imo. Pikeville is one of the bigger 1A programs, but the storyline reads the same. Put more than just a "team" together each year and build a PROGRAM. A Program school goes well beyond what they do for their atheletes in the field or on the court. I think so many schools have either ignored or forgotten that fact.
I agree.
Week 4 Rams will play at fort Thomas Highlands. I think that will make some of the “beef the schedule up people” happy.
^^^Except Highlands went 5-6 last year and Pikeville is playing Cov Cath who beat Highlands by eleventy billion in the playoffs
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Gus McCrae
Hopefully the Highlands game comment is true. I know they arent the same Highlands they were at their peak, but it is still a step in the right direction, imo. Thats the type of program we are needing on the schedule. Hopefully we can get a few more.