Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Rank The Six State Champions
1.X
2.X 
3.Boyle
4.Boyle 
5.South Warren 

Watched all 6 games, and watched all the champions with the exception of St.X and South Warren multiple times this year. Boyles defense is far more superior giving them the edge over SW, holding Douglas to just a single touchdown and then holding JC to two touchdowns.   

Top 10 (11) in the state 
1.X 
2.Male 
3.Boyle
4.South Warren
5.Beechwood/Johnson Central 
6.LCA 
7.Fredrick Douglass 
8.Manual
9.Trinity  
10.Madison Central
X
Boyle
Beechwood
SW
Belfry
Pville
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
1 St X
2 Boyle Co
3 Beechwood
4 South Warren
5 Pikeville
6 Belfry

Pikeville was the best Pike County team this year, and they proved it. Case closed. I'm as big Belfry fan as the next guy but the Panthers not only shut us out (at home) they've also won the last three. If they played again tomorrow, my guess is they'd win that one to. This senior class at Pikeville has had their way with the Pirates. Maybe next year Belfry can start another dominant run against the Panthers. At the end of the day both teams brought gold trophies back to Pike County and that's all that matters.
[-] The following 2 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • Jack Lambert, VoR_58
1. St. Xavier
2. Boyle County
3. South Warren
4. Beechwood
5. Pikeville
6. Belfry
1. Boyle county
2. St. Xavier
3. Belfry
4. South Warren
5. Beechwood
6. Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-08-2021, 07:39 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: 1. Boyle county
2. St. Xavier
3. Belfry
4. South Warren
5. Beechwood
6. Pikeville
Uhhhhhhhhhhh nawww
(12-08-2021, 07:50 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
2. St. Xavier
3. Belfry
4. South Warren
5. Beechwood
6. Pikeville
Uhhhhhhhhhhh nawww
Yeah....

I love this Belfry team for what they did but the only argument you can remotely try to make is putting them ahead of Pikeville and even that argument holds very little water considering the 4 TD margin head to head.

I  do think people are mis-judging how good Beechwood was this year.

Not only did they beat a LCA team who was probably Top 10 overall in the State, they dominated CovCath and Mayfield as well who are possibly Top 25 teams in the State.

I tend to think Boyle County may be getting slightly overrated while Beechwood is getting underrated by most.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Westside
(12-08-2021, 10:46 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:50 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
2. St. Xavier
3. Belfry
4. South Warren
5. Beechwood
6. Pikeville
Uhhhhhhhhhhh nawww
Yeah....

I love this Belfry team for what they did but the only argument you can remotely try to make is putting them ahead of Pikeville and even that argument holds very little water considering the 4 TD margin head to head.

I  do think people are mis-judging how good Beechwood was this year.

Not only did they beat a LCA team who was probably Top 10 overall in the State, they dominated CovCath and Mayfield as well who are possibly Top 25 teams in the State.

I tend to think Boyle County may be getting slightly overrated while Beechwood is getting underrated by most.
I agree about Beechwood. They were the only team to go undefeated and beat really good teams while doing so. They also had arguably the best player in the state. You can make a case for about 5 others but Hergott is definitely in the conversation. They also have one of the best coaches in the state too.
My opinion of Boyle County is they beat Beechwood. I wouldn’t have said that earlier in the year. They were playing some dang good football at the right time. Johnson Central if anything was very underrated. I’d say if Boyle rematches LCA, they win that matchup as well. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Hatz, Jack Lambert
Answer me this. Who wins between Pikeville and Paduach. Pikeville was good but to me not as impressive as Paduach. We was just a different team at the end of the year.

I know they beat us week 4 but to rank these teams as they stand championship weekend I think we are better. Just my opinion
You can’t compare scores especially early in season and get an accurate answer. With that said Boyle County is not overrated and would not get beat by LCA in a rematch Boyle County from game one till after the first game with Lex Cath isn’t playing the same level ball I’d go as far to say they wouldn’t be far from putting a running clock on LCA. I’d argue they are best team in the state and would give ST.X a slobber knocker. As for Belfry they aren’t the same team either at this point in the season there aren’t many of those game they lost they wouldn’t win, JC played them week 10 and they wasn’t the best belfry team I’ve saw by any means but that’s a tall task as they’ve had some legendary ones. Remember the name Isaiah Stanley from belfry, one of the best freshman in the state and Every game I’ve saw him play in he was limited to one arm due to a boot cast.
This is going to sound condescending toward a great program that won the state, and it might anger some.

Belfry improved as every team did. Could the fact that the level of competition went down compared to the early games have anything to do with the perception? I feel like JC was the only team they played that was as good as the early teams. Probably better.

Again, I’m sorry if this sounds disparaging.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • pjdoug, wolfcat
(12-08-2021, 11:21 PM)Hatz Wrote: This is going to sound condescending toward a great program that won the state, and it might anger some.

Belfry improved as every team did. Could the fact that the level of competition went down compared to the early games have anything to do with the perception?  I feel like JC was the only team they played that was as good as the early teams. Probably better.

Again, I’m sorry if this sounds disparaging.
You could argue that but it was literally a totally different team, Dixon was running Qb early and it just wasn’t working out for them. I lost hope in them again after a close game with LC. That was bad LCs defense was weak as dishwater. I think they just rise to occasion and play based on who they are playing. I agree no one they played in the playoffs was as good as Lou Central, Cov Cath, Pulaski, and Pikeville( JC would roll all those teams lol). Dixon did have almost 400 rushing yards in the game against PT.
(12-08-2021, 10:46 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Answer me this. Who wins between Pikeville and Paduach. Pikeville was good but to me not as impressive as Paduach. We was just a different team at the end of the year.

I know they beat us week 4 but to rank these teams as they stand championship weekend I think we are better. Just my opinion
Pikeville keeps beating Belfry and Belfry fans keep making excuses and thinking they are better. Belfry hasn't beaten Pikeville since September 2018 and won't have another chance until September 2022. That game will be at Pikeville and I will take the Panthers in that one too. You can "think" you are better but until you prove it on the field you are just kidding yourself.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Gus McCrae
(12-08-2021, 11:00 PM)Gold River Wrote: You can’t compare scores especially early in season and get an accurate answer. With that said Boyle County is not overrated and would not get beat by LCA in a rematch Boyle County from game one till after the first game with Lex Cath isn’t playing the same level ball I’d go as far to say they wouldn’t be far from putting a running clock on LCA. I’d argue they are best team in the state and would give ST.X a slobber knocker. As for Belfry they aren’t the same team either at this point in the season there aren’t many of those game they lost they wouldn’t win, JC played them week 10 and they wasn’t the best belfry team I’ve saw by any means but that’s a tall task as they’ve had some legendary ones. Remember the name Isaiah Stanley from belfry, one of the best freshman in the state and Every game I’ve saw him play in he was limited to one arm due to a boot cast.

Maybe so, but in that first game LCA was playing without their starting QB and only attempted 4 passes for the game, and still won at Boyle County. I don't understand this narrative that only the losing team improves as the season progresses. It's similar to the thinking that the team that underperforms in a pre-season scrimmage wasn't wanting to show all their cards. For a non-biased outsider, just like in regards to Belfry being better than Pikeville at season's end, it is hard for me to move past how things actually played out on the field.
(12-09-2021, 08:48 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 11:00 PM)Gold River Wrote: You can’t compare scores especially early in season and get an accurate answer. With that said Boyle County is not overrated and would not get beat by LCA in a rematch Boyle County from game one till after the first game with Lex Cath isn’t playing the same level ball I’d go as far to say they wouldn’t be far from putting a running clock on LCA. I’d argue they are best team in the state and would give ST.X a slobber knocker. As for Belfry they aren’t the same team either at this point in the season there aren’t many of those game they lost they wouldn’t win, JC played them week 10 and they wasn’t the best belfry team I’ve saw by any means but that’s a tall task as they’ve had some legendary ones. Remember the name Isaiah Stanley from belfry, one of the best freshman in the state and Every game I’ve saw him play in he was limited to one arm due to a boot cast.

Maybe so, but in that first game LCA was playing without their starting QB and only attempted 4 passes for the game, and still won at Boyle County. I don't understand this narrative that only the losing team improves as the season progresses. It's similar to the thinking that the team that underperforms in a pre-season scrimmage wasn't wanting to show all their cards. For a non-biased outsider, just like in regards to Belfry being better than Pikeville at season's end, it is hard for me to move past how things actually played out on the field.

not going to make excuses. LCA beat Boyle by 7 behind Brown, who is heading to UVA. 

if there is anything to support a Boyle wins theory it is that right after the loss Boyle inserted Jackson Smith and Gillis into the Defense and they stayed the rest of the year. Boyle’s Defense improved dramatically with that move.
(12-09-2021, 09:47 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 08:48 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:

not going to make excuses. LCA beat Boyle by 7 behind Brown, who is heading to UVA. 

if there is anything to support a Boyle wins theory it is that right after the loss Boyle inserted Jackson Smith and Gillis into the Defense and they stayed the rest of the year. Boyle’s Defense improved dramatically with that move.

I had Boyle above Beechwood (and thus, LCA) in my rankings, but a running clock seems like a reach. Each team's first matchup against Lexington Catholic are the games that really stand out to me. Just from looking at the results I have no doubt that Boyle County improved a lot by season's end and like I put in my rankings, I feel like Boyle was the stronger team come December, but I don't see it being a 43 point swing in their favor against LCA. I really don't think Boyle County, LCA, Beechwood, and South Warren would be separated by more than a TD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Hatz
I would love to see a little showcase after the finals. Give the championship teams the option to participate nothing mandatory. Have each team have a blind draw and then have them play. Erase a week of the payoffs and have the finals on Thanksgiving weekend. Then do this. Think of some of the matchups we would have not just this year bit over recently years.
Jared Lorenzen and Highlands against Michael Bush and Male
Bowling Green vs Trinity back a few years ago.
Beechwood or Mayfield when they were dominating 1a and 2a against Central or Belfry when they were dominating 3a.

I would love to see this. While most year 6a would be the clear favorite but I can think of lots of instances where that wouldn't be the case.
(12-08-2021, 10:46 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Answer me this. Who wins between Pikeville and Paduach. Pikeville was good but to me not as impressive as Paduach. We was just a different team at the end of the year.

I'll answer you. Pikeville would beat Paducah. In fact, Russellville would beat Belfry if played. Russellville was better than advertised. They had more speed than Paducah and a very stout line. Plus, consider they had FIVE 5th year Seniors. That makes a difference as well. Not taking anything away from Belfry, or their win. They had improved considerably since mid season and not the same team. But Paducah with as many Freshmen that played wasn't quite the opponent as Russellville. In fact, if Pikeville/Belfry played at a neutral site tomorrow evening, Pikeville still wins as the Panthers had improved since mid season as well. Jmo.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
(12-09-2021, 10:26 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I would love to see a little showcase after the finals. Give the championship teams the option to participate nothing mandatory.  Have each team have a blind draw and then have them play. Erase a week of the payoffs and have the finals on Thanksgiving weekend. Then do this. Think of some of the matchups we would have not just this year bit over recently years.
Beechwood or Mayfield when they were dominating 1a and 2a against Central or Belfry when they were dominating 3a.

I would love to see this. While most year 6a would be the clear favorite but I can think of lots of instances where that wouldn't be the case.

Loenzen didn’t play at the same time as Bush.
Wow, everyone entitled to their opinion......where do you get what you are smoking?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Here to help's post:
  • Hatz
(12-09-2021, 08:07 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 10:26 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I would love to see a little showcase after the finals. Give the championship teams the option to participate nothing mandatory.  Have each team have a blind draw and then have them play. Erase a week of the payoffs and have the finals on Thanksgiving weekend. Then do this. Think of some of the matchups we would have not just this year bit over recently years.

Loenzen didn’t play at the same time as Bush.
I was thinking of Montreal Jones got them confused.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Hatz