Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MR FOOTBALL 2021
Not saying he will win, but if Hergott's career was good enough for him to win it last year I don't see how he would have lowered his stock for Mr. Football this year. If 5th year players are being considered the same as true seniors, I don't see how you don't give it to him again. I think his 5th year status and the fact that he won it last year are the only things that will keep him from taking it home this year.
Depends on how you prioritize what you think it means

Most Valuable Player= Isaac Dixon
Without Dixon Belfry finishes the year 4-8 with a 2nd Round Playoff loss to Lawrence County with their only wins coming against Pike Central, Magoffin County X 2, and Floyd Central.

Best Player on the Best Team= Jack Sivori
Not only that, he beat the best competition. Male did not think he could beat them passing and he proved them dead wrong.

Player Who Dominated the Competition Most= Cameron Hergott
What he did was crazy and it continued in the State Finals. The knock on Hergott is I am not sure he was truly the best QB in the State, but he was unstoppable with the ball in his hands.

Lifetime Achievement= Cameron Hergott
Dixon is a clear second, but Hergott has one more ring, already has a Mr. Football in his trophy case, and more wins.

Best College Prospect= Dane Key or Xavier Brown
Only including skill guys.

Personally I don't think you can go wrong between Hergott, Dixon, or Sivori.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Brutus
(12-06-2021, 10:17 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Depends on how you prioritize what you think it means

Without Dixon Belfry finishes the year 4-8 with a 2nd Round Playoff loss to Lawrence County with their only wins coming against Pike Central, Magoffin County X 2, and Floyd Central.

Not only that, he beat the best competition. Male did not think he could beat them passing and he proved them dead wrong.

What he did was crazy and it continued in the State Finals. The knock on Hergott is I am not sure he was truly the best QB in the State, but he was unstoppable with the ball in his hands.

Dixon is a clear second, but Hergott has one more ring, already has a Mr. Football in his trophy case, and more wins.

Agreed.
(12-06-2021, 10:17 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Depends on how you prioritize what you think it means

Nice! Double agreed!!
(12-06-2021, 12:58 AM)nemo Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:37 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Where is Dixon playing college ball next year?
Still headed to WVU?

Is he still a walk-on at WVU?
Mark Stoops currently at Belfry High school this morning, potential offer for Issac Dixon.
(12-05-2021, 07:49 PM)PirateNation71 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 03:19 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Dixon should win Sr. Football for sure.

Get over it man, be a grown-up not a child about things for a change……

If he played on the team you pull for you would love him then …….?

He's an adult. He can take it.
Joe Humphries from Daviess County has to be in the conversation. The state's passing leader with 3,940 passing yards with 48 TDs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #GoCougs's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Interesting Grant Bingham hasn’t been mentioned, with great potential to start as a freshman at a power 5 D1 school
Next season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call
Is Dixon Mr. Football? Nice Read! https://kentuckyprepgridiron.com/oh-what...hfootball/

(12-06-2021, 12:34 PM)Gold River Wrote: Interesting Grant Bingham hasn’t been mentioned, with great potential to start as a freshman at a power 5 D1 school
Next season.

Yeah, I agree. Grant Bingham definately worthy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(12-05-2021, 11:56 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Jagger Gillis
Cam Hergot
Issac Dixon
Sivori

Hard to choose.

Jagger Gillis with 45 total touchdowns

30 through the air with 2551 yards with only 5 intercetpions
15 rushing TDs with 560 yards

Has played his best ball against some of the top teams in the state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan1995's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-06-2021, 12:28 PM)#GoCougs Wrote: Joe Humphries from Daviess County has to be in the conversation. The state's passing leader with 3,940 passing yards with 48 TDs.
Do the number of INTS during the season, 9 for Humphries and 11 for Sivori hurt them?  Sivori was top 10 in the State in INTS.  I know the finals play a big role in the voting, but when you look at the whole season I think you have to weigh this factor.  Level of competition "no question" for Sivori.  Humphries level of competition may hurt him, and not making it further in the playoffs may hurt as well.
I do think Joe Humphreys of Daviess Co deserves votes. Dude lit it up this year through the air and if you haven't seen his film, I suggest taking a few minutes and watching it on Hudl. Dude is impressive.

However, I think the award should go to either Isaac Dixon or Cam Hergott.
DIXON FROM BELFRY. WHAT I WITNESSED AT THE KHSAA 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME MADE UP MY MINE.
(12-06-2021, 10:26 PM)Here to help Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:28 PM)#GoCougs Wrote: Joe Humphries from Daviess County has to be in the conversation. The state's passing leader with 3,940 passing yards with 48 TDs.
Do the number of INTS during the season, 9 for Humphries and 11 for Sivori hurt them?  Sivori was top 10 in the State in INTS.  I know the finals play a big role in the voting, but when you look at the whole season I think you have to weigh this factor.  Level of competition "no question" for Sivori.  Humphries level of competition may hurt him, and not making it further in the playoffs may hurt as well.

I’d like to know what the actual formula is?
Lord help us if one of these returning Covid seniors win the award.
(12-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGFrcKAXsAgU...name=small]

"I'll just cast my vote for whoever I like the most at the championship games." -The coaches, probably.
I’m glad I don’t have to choose. I like them all!
(12-05-2021, 08:16 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Stats should not count for anyone in this repeated year, nor should the reigning Mr. Football be eligible for Mr. Football.

(12-05-2021, 07:19 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 07:10 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Here's a controversial question someone proposed.

"Is it fair that 5 year COVID super seniors are included in 2021 year awards?"

Not sure where I stand, after all some games were canceled last year because of COVID, same this year, but some of athletes were held back maximum times.  I think any award ought to include an asterisk.....*Mr Football 2021.
*Participated 5 years in a 4 years sport due to COVID cancellation policy.
Then you’d have to put an asterisk beside all the 2021 titles as well. I could see an argument that Hergott shouldn’t be eligible due to receiving the honors last year, but the rest should be good to go no question.

I completely disagree.
According to the commissioner not stats count for any 5th year athlete.  Any statistics that happened after the fourth year playing are not counted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FormerJacket72's post:
  • BoondockSaint
If RPI is considered.......
1A highest Russellville .7461 - Pikeville .7319
2A highest LCA .8238 - Beechwood .7575
3A highest CAL .7121 - Glasgow .7043
4A highest Boyle .7359 - Lex Cath .7080
5A highest Woodford Co .6678 - Douglass .6591
6A highest Male . 6670 - St. X .6538

Statewide from top 2 in each class.
1) LCA .8238
2) Beechwood .7575
3) Russellville .7461
4) Boyle .7359
5) Pikeville .7319
6) CAL .7121
7) Lex Cath .7080
8) Glasgow .7043
9) Woodford .6678
10) Male .6670
11) Douglass .6591
12) St. X .6538

The fact that Beechwood had the 2nd Highest RPI in the State and beat the #1 ranked RPI team in the state may say something, when compared to some of the others.  Not sure if coaches way in on RPI or not.  I know some hate it, but in this case it stands out.
Thats also putting all the RPI's together for comparison sake. I don't like comparing 2A to a 6A RPI. Big difference to me in those teams.

I like Dixon, Sivori and Hergott as my top 3.
(12-08-2021, 03:43 PM)Here to help Wrote: If RPI is considered.......
1A highest Russellville .7461 - Pikeville .7319
2A highest LCA .8238 - Beechwood .7575
3A highest CAL .7121 - Glasgow .7043
4A highest Boyle .7359 - Lex Cath .7080
5A highest Woodford Co .6678 - Douglass .6591
6A highest Male . 6670 - St. X .6538

Statewide from top 2 in each class.
1) LCA .8238
2) Beechwood .7575
3) Russellville .7461
4) Boyle .7359
5) Pikeville .7319
6) CAL .7121
7) Lex Cath .7080
8) Glasgow .7043
9) Woodford .6678
10) Male .6670
11) Douglass .6591
12) St. X .6538

The fact that Beechwood had the 2nd Highest RPI in the State and beat the #1 ranked RPI team in the state may say something, when compared to some of the others.  Not sure if coaches way in on RPI or not.  I know some hate it, but in this case it stands out.

RPI favors smaller schools. 

RPI is meant to compare teams within a class, not across classes.
The finalist list came out today. He’s not on it. Somehow.
Gillis, Lanter, or Dixon top three in my book no particular order. All three play with something extra
I'll take Hergott, Sivori, Or Lanter vs. the field