Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
51.06%
Johnson Central
48.94%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs Johnson Central 4A state championship
(11-29-2021, 02:15 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:05 PM)BCSO Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:37 AM)Diogenes Wrote: We have to defend. If we're gonna win, we have to defend like 2019. That's how we win, if we can. I hope. And hope
Is best thing.

And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.
Those four turnovers were not unforced and several incomplete passes, including the last one thrown to Reese Smith were the result of heavy contact before the receiver could secure possession of the ball. IMO, Boyle County tried to force the ball to its primary playmaker a little too often instead of taking what the JC defense was giving them. Colwick had a great game but he was open often enough to have had a much bigger game. I think that if Boyle County had played a little more conservatively on offense, then they probably would have had fewer turnovers and won the 2019 title.

This Boyle County team > That Boyle County team
I don't think so. This is an excellent Boyle County team but I cannot imagine the 2019 Boyle County team being held to 16 points by 2021 Lexington Catholic. I know that BC routed LC in the playoffs but the 2019 team was an offensive juggernaut that did not take their foot off of the accelerator. This Boyle County team is good enough to beat Johnson Central with a great game but they are no more invincible than the 2019 team was. I recall a few BC fans ready to declare the 2019 team the school's best of all time if they won the 2019 state title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz
(11-29-2021, 04:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:37 AM)Diogenes Wrote: We have to defend. If we're gonna win, we have to defend like 2019. That's how we win, if we can. I hope. And hope
Is best thing.

And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.
Those four turnovers were not unforced and several incomplete passes, including the last one thrown to Reese Smith were the result of heavy contact before the receiver could secure possession of the ball. IMO, Boyle County tried to force the ball to its primary playmaker a little too often instead of taking what the JC defense was giving them. Colwick had a great game but he was open often enough to have had a much bigger game. I think that if Boyle County had played a little more conservatively on offense, then they probably would have had fewer turnovers and won the 2019 title.

I don't think so. This is an excellent Boyle County team but I cannot imagine the 2019 Boyle County team being held to 16 points by 2021 Lexington Catholic. I know that BC routed LC in the playoffs but the 2019 team was an offensive juggernaut that did not take their foot off of the accelerator. This Boyle County team is good enough to beat Johnson Central with a great game but they are no more invincible than the 2019 team was. I recall a few BC fans ready to declare the 2019 team the school's best of all time if they won the 2019 state title.

The 2019 team had their bad game against Johnson Central when it mattered most. The 2021 team had their bad game against Lexington Catholic in early October.
(11-29-2021, 05:33 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:05 PM)BCSO Wrote: And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.

The 2019 team had their bad game against Johnson Central when it mattered most. The 2021 team had their bad game against Lexington Catholic in early October.
Boyle County did not have a bad game against Johnson Central in 2019. Did you even watch that game?
No one has even mentioned that Reese Smith was playing with a badly sprained ankle in that game . His sprained ankle was nearly twice the size of his good ankle. He was only about 70% for that game. It was a terrible coaching decision for him to play in some of the meaningless games coming into the playoffs and practicing the week of the final, where he did more damage to the ankle was beyond terrible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Well one good thing about Johnson central,
I’d place a crisp Benjamin that you won’t hear the first excuse if we lose Friday. Idk if anyone’s ever mentioned it but 2019 quarterback Ryley Preece played the entirety of the 2019 playoffs with a torn ACL I’d say he was about 70% as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Diogenes, Hoot Gibson, khsgamenight
It's about time that Boyle County played a team that will offer at least a little competition. Most of their opponents faced a running clock all this year. Boyle County will beat Johnson Central by about 2 touchdowns.
Boyle County is a tall order, no doubt, but Central is a talented, disciplined and motivated team.

I can’t wait to watch this game. I love this team, and this group of Eagle seniors.
[-] The following 2 users Like German Eye's post:
  • BEChargers, Diogenes
No need to keep dwelling on the past years. This is a totally different group of young men and totally different coaches. Anything could happen good ,bad and ugly. Let's just pray both teams come out injury free and totally drained from leaving it all on the field. Wish I could be there but can't do to a up coming surgery can't afford to get sick.
[-] The following 3 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • BEChargers, Granny Bear, Jack Lambert
(11-29-2021, 04:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Is best thing.

IMO even if the 2019 team had won the state championship they were definitely not the best Boyle team of all time that title belongs to the 2000 Boyle county team and it’s not even close!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Hatz
(11-29-2021, 09:03 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:05 PM)BCSO Wrote: And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.

IMO even if the 2019 team had won the state championship they were definitely not the best Boyle team of all time that title belongs to the 2000 Boyle county team and it’s not even close!!!
I will defer to you and your fellow Boyle County fans on that issue but I recall arguing that if the 2019 team was the school's best ever, then the outcome of the game with JC would not change that fact. I also recall several people arguing that Boyle County's 2019 team was the best in all classes before they lost to JC in the finals. Maybe those who were making those arguments were outside agitators, but I FoSho thought that they were BC fans.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TD Hounds
Fo Sho

Fo Sho

Fo Sho

Figured if I said his name 3 times he would appear!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Diogenes, Hatz, Rebel55
(11-29-2021, 09:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Fo Sho

Fo Sho

Fo Sho

Figured if I said his name 3 times he would appear!
Big Grin It would be interesting to read his take on the game.
I actually talked to him about it. He respects Johnson Central.
(11-29-2021, 09:54 PM):huh::huh:Bull got out! Wrote: I actually talked to him about it. He respects Johnson Central.

Huh You mean,  had a conversation with him where he let you talk and listened to what you had to say?

(11-29-2021, 09:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 09:03 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Those four turnovers were not unforced and several incomplete passes, including the last one thrown to Reese Smith were the result of heavy contact before the receiver could secure possession of the ball. IMO, Boyle County tried to force the ball to its primary playmaker a little too often instead of taking what the JC defense was giving them. Colwick had a great game but he was open often enough to have had a much bigger game. I think that if Boyle County had played a little more conservatively on offense, then they probably would have had fewer turnovers and won the 2019 title.

I will defer to you and your fellow Boyle County fans on that issue but I recall arguing that if the 2019 team was the school's best ever, then the outcome of the game with JC would not change that fact. I also recall several people arguing that Boyle County's 2019 team was the best in all classes before they lost to JC in the finals. Maybe those who were making those arguments were outside agitators, but I FoSho thought that they were BC fans.  Smile

Big Grin
Boyle County’s 2000 senior class won 45 straight games and 3 State Championship’s and The 2000 team was the best high school football team that I have seen play period but once again that’s just my opinion!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(11-29-2021, 10:47 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle County’s 2000 senior class won 45 straight games and 3 State Championship’s and  The 2000 team was the best high school football team that I have seen play period but once again that’s just my opinion!!!

Jack I’d have to say that I’ve never seen any posts out of you that weren’t pretty well on point.  As far as the 2000 team and their accomplishments you’ll not get an argument out of this old man, the whole team was talented but Jeff Duggins and Matt Quinn made it almost unfair for other teams to have to compete against them together.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Jack Lambert
(11-29-2021, 11:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 10:47 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle County’s 2000 senior class won 45 straight games and 3 State Championship’s and  The 2000 team was the best high school football team that I have seen play period but once again that’s just my opinion!!!

Jack I’d have to say that I’ve never seen any posts out of you that weren’t pretty well on point.  As far as the 2000 team and their accomplishments you’ll not get an argument out of this old man, the whole team was talented but Jeff Duggins and Matt Quinn made it almost unfair for other teams to have to compete against them together.

Yes they did, I believe both were all state on both sides of the ball!!!

I’m 2000 Boyle beat state Champion Danville 47-0!
  • TD Hounds
Boyle 38
JC 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Ugly Truth's post:
  • bcpc
2000 also had Travis Leffew , Matt Miller, Taylor Begley, Brodie Overstreet, and for 4 games Jacob Tamme who broke his leg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Can’t hardly wait till kickoff
I believe this game will come down to turnovers and which team has the most defensive stops and the least amount of penalties.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Hoot Gibson
This JC teams has defeated Corbin on the road and a Franklin County team at home. Everyone at Boyle County knows what we are up against this Friday night and knows that we are in for a battle. If and I mean a big IF Johnson Central was to win Friday it would have beaten the top 3 teams in class 4A and it would been a hard earned title that would make a great script for a Hollywood movie.

I hope my Rebels can bring #10 back to Titletown but If they can't, I would be happy for the kids from Johnson Central after all they have had to deal with this season.
[-] The following 10 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Gold River, Hatz, Mayfieldsportsfan, SlantZ, TD Hounds, The Scoop, toolaidback, Westside
(11-29-2021, 11:35 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 11:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Without checking I’d say your right, that was back before participation trophies when coaches didn’t vote on talent based on politics and back room deals weren’t the norm.
(11-30-2021, 08:12 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 11:35 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 11:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Without checking I’d say your right, that was back before participation trophies when coaches didn’t vote on talent based on politics and back room deals weren’t the norm.

Danville’s only loss during the 2000 season came at the hands of Boyle 47-0 the ADS went on to win a state championship finishing 14-1.
I can't wait to see this matchup.  Two teams who are consistently competing for state championships meeting once again at Kroger.  Boyle County has a ton of athleticism across the board and, in my opinion, a top 5 athlete in the state when looking at Cole Lanter.  We know Central is gonna be physical and try and control the line of scrimmage but I think this one comes down to the defensive secondary limiting the big plays and forcing Boyle to take the check downs.   

Boyle County-24
Johnson Central-31

The 2000 team IMO also was the best ever at Boyle. 

The 2000 team went 15-0 and beat Glasgow for the second straight time and was Boyle's 2nd. AA State Title with 30 straight wins.  The 2001 team moved up to AAA and was their 3rd. straight title with a win over Rockcastle County that ended up with 45 straight wins. (3rd. 15-0 seasons).
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
I should have put 2001 senior class thanks for the history, the 2000 team was crazy good!!!
  • Rebel55
As someone with no bias...

I would take the 2019 Boyle Team by 2-3 TD's over the 2021 version

With that said...
I also would take the 2019 JC team by 2 or 3 scores over the 2021 version.

No offense to Cole Lanter who is definitely a gamebreaker, but that Boyle team was stacked with gamebreakers on both sides of the ball, and this team simply isn't as loaded.

Also, FWIW, I would also take that 2000 Boyle County team as their GOAT. Duggins, Quinn, J. Tamme, T. Leffew, and even Begley as a kicker.

That may be one of the toughest teams I have seen in KY that wasn't named Male, Trinity, or X. You had multiple Power 5 starters , a multi-year NFL veteran, and then two phenomenal HS players in Quinn and Duggins.
[-] The following 3 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(12-01-2021, 03:01 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: As someone with no bias...

I would take the 2019 Boyle Team by 2-3 TD's over the 2021 version

With that said...
I also would take the 2019 JC team by 2 or 3 scores over the 2021 version.

No offense to Cole Lanter who is definitely a gamebreaker, but that Boyle team was stacked with gamebreakers on both sides of the ball, and this team simply isn't as loaded.

Also, FWIW, I would also take that 2000 Boyle County team as their GOAT. Duggins, Quinn, J. Tamme, T. Leffew, and even Begley as a kicker. 

That may be one of the toughest teams I have seen in KY that wasn't named Male, Trinity, or X. You had multiple Power 5 starters , a multi-year NFL veteran, and then two phenomenal HS players in Quinn and Duggins.
Boyle has 11 trips to the State Finals and IMO the 2019 Johnson Central Team was 2 touchdowns better than anyone Boyle has played in those 11 Championship games. 

99 Glasgow
00 Glasgow
01 Rockcastle County
02 Rockcastle County
03 Highlands
04 Highlands
09 Lone Oak
10 Allen County Scottsville
17 Corbin
19 Johnson Central
20 Franklin County
(11-28-2021, 03:11 PM)Gold River Wrote: [quote="DukeBoy" pid="2340167" dateline="1638106825"]
Haddix knows how to stop JC.  Done it before at Perry County.  Only one to ever do so at Perry.  Get you another ring Coach Haddix.
Knowing how and doing is two different things lol Everybody knows how to stop it, got to have the players that are physical enough to do it. I assure you Eddie James knew how to stop it last week and they executed it to almost perfection but Johnson central
is just more physical in the trenches and even the backfield. Lot of people say “nObOdY UnDeReSTiMaTeS ThEM” but yet for the last 3 weeks (pretty much past 7 years) people have done nothing but underestimated Johnson central’s abilities.

I would not even say more physical last week than FC.. Just able to execute their stuff better than fc did theirs.. alot of Stale mates, led to RB's having day light.