Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship: Belfry vs. Paducah Tilghman
Two 8-6 teams will Battle it out at Kroger Field for the Class AAA State Championship! The Pirates will be playing for their 8th State Title since 2003!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good luck PT.
Go Pirates
This is why polls do not mean diddly and people shouldn't get all worked up about them- If you hoist that trophy you ARE #1
After that...........
[-] The following 1 user Likes truebluefan89's post:
  • BobcatForever
Going with the Belfry
Playing in the last game of the year is always the goal. Winning it is the icing on the cake. Go Pirates!
This will be a clash of 2 different styles as PT will want to spred the field and Belfry will line up and ground and pound. If Belfry continues with the success they have gotten out of their full backs then could be long game for Paducah. As always Dixon will be making plays you expect him to. But his supporting cast has to play like they have during these playoffs. Paducah will probably be pregame favorite but Belfry has shined here in the underdog role and I don’t see them minding it any.
I'll be surprised if West Virginia doesn't win another one. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • SolidRock75, wolfcat
I'd be surprised if any team in 3A this year would have won a game with Belfry's early schedule. 3A is way down. As for a passing team verse a ground and pound, if Belfry moves the ball... it will be difficult for Tilghman's offense to get in rhythm. However, Belfry have seen teams like this already this year with more talent than Tilghman has.

Pirates 42
Tornado 21
Belfry 35
Paducah Tilman 21
Go Belfry Mountaineers!
[-] The following 2 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • SolidRock75, wolfcat
(11-27-2021, 07:34 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Go Belfry Mountaineers!
LOL!
This is Belfry’s 12th title appearance since 2003. If they get the gold this year, It will be 8 gold trophies out of 12!!
[-] The following 2 users Like skully03's post:
  • cuppett777, ProudPirate
Rooting for the Pirates!!!
Belfry-28
PT-14
Let's go Pirates! Finish strong, and on top leaving Lexington!
Gents - The correct spelling is Tilghman.

I would not come on here writing "Belfrey" or "West Virginnie"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tica's post:
  • Hatz
(11-28-2021, 12:51 PM)Tica Wrote: Gents - The correct spelling is Tilghman.

Smile I have typos all the time LOL.  Big Grin Does it really matter. I love it. You aint perfect and I sure aint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Westside
Easy to win playing with grown men against boys. Not just Dixon but Belfry holds lots of its kids back to grow an extra year. This is a big time advantage. I know other schools do it as well but I have yet to see it as prevalent as with Belfry. Lots of 19 year old walking the halls of Belfry over the years.
(11-28-2021, 01:27 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Easy to win playing with grown men against boys.  Not just Dixon but Belfry holds lots of its kids back to grow an extra year. This is a big time advantage. I know other schools do it as well but I have yet to see it as prevalent as with Belfry. Lots of 19 year old walking the halls of Belfry over the years.

If its within the rules, then who cares? Rules are there for a purpose. There is not a program around and probably the one you support as well that hasn't had a kid who chooses to stay back. Not a thing in the world wrong with it. Plenty of kids probably wished they were held back that wasn't.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • ProudPirate, Ramcat77
PT 20 Belfry 14
But but but Belfry is down this year LOL. I told people all year the Pirates would be in the hunt when it was all said and done. This is also a winnable game for the Pirates, they very well may be the favorite in 3A. The class was weak this year so I think a more experienced team wins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • ProudPirate
Is Belfry bringing track shoes ? They will essentially be facing a track team in pads. As Glasgow learned - PT needs just one step. I cant say who will win because this team bears no resemblance at all to the team I saw play earlier this fall. We have faced ground and pound. We have faced RPO and we have faced the spread. We have faced stuffing the box. PT will give up some points. But they will score some too. Just one step.
(11-28-2021, 02:44 PM)Tica Wrote: Is Belfry bringing track shoes ? They will essentially be facing a track team in pads. As Glasgow learned - PT needs just one step. I cant say who will win because this team bears no resemblance at all to the team I saw play earlier this fall. We have faced ground and pound. We have faced RPO and we have faced the spread.  We have faced stuffing the box. PT will give up some points. But they will score some too. Just one step.
Last I heard....Belfry was bringing their helmets, pads and cleats.
[-] The following 3 users Like OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • ProudPirate, SlantZ, Westside
(11-28-2021, 01:27 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Easy to win playing with grown men against boys.  Not just Dixon but Belfry holds lots of its kids back to grow an extra year. This is a big time advantage. I know other schools do it as well but I have yet to see it as prevalent as with Belfry. Lots of 19 year old walking the halls of Belfry over the years.

Smile
(11-28-2021, 02:44 PM)Tica Wrote: Is Belfry bringing track shoes ? They will essentially be facing a track team in pads. As Glasgow learned - PT needs just one step. I cant say who will win because this team bears no resemblance at all to the team I saw play earlier this fall. We have faced ground and pound. We have faced RPO and we have faced the spread.  We have faced stuffing the box. PT will give up some points. But they will score some too. Just one step.

Your team hasn't faced a power runner with speed from West Virginia. Dixon will probably run it down your throat. lol
(11-28-2021, 12:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 12:51 PM)Tica Wrote: Gents - The correct spelling is Tilghman.

Smile I have typos all the time LOL.  Big Grin Does it really matter. I love it. You aint perfect and I sure aint.
Nobody's perfect, and I'm nobody, so I'm perfect Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
I haven't seen a recent roster but I would assume Belfry outsizes PT at about every position. I'm not perfect either and I did not mean to imply that. I have typos too. Its just a name that is often spelled differently than it's pronunciation. I also grew up with an English teacher mom. Both teams have faced an improbable route to get to the finals. Two very different teams and styles of play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tica's post:
  • ProudPirate
Belfry is for real fellas. Dixon and Hatfield can absolutely fly and both have power. Their fullback Young is a handful . Their Oline is impressive. They would be a tuff out for any team right now. PT hasn’t played anyone out West that runs the football like Belfry does. All I gotta say is you better stack the box and bring those LBs or they gonna be running downhill on your track stars. Win us another one Belfry. East Carter was a very good football team. Belfry dominated them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • ProudPirate
That's what Glasgow was saying about their star running back Keiran Stockton who was advertised as 6'2" and 220 lbs. and who has gained about 120 yards less than Dixon this year per KHSAA stats. Stockton rushed for 120 yards and a TD against PT so I imagine Dixon will make his average. PT has been dominated by some teams like 2A Mayfield and Henderson County earlier in the season and struggled to beat Union County to make the playoffs. But here they are.