Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36 Raceland 7
Final from Hambley

Panthers played arguably their best game all season tonight. Raceland had a few decent drives, but never could get anything going because of the Panthers defense. Huge games from Birchfield, Hensley, and McNamee.

Congrats Panthers!!!
Congratulations Pikeville. I know you have another game to play next week, but congratulations in advance.

Raceland only loses 2 seniors so they will be tough next year.
Congrats Panthers. Next stop, Lexington!
panthers had McNamee and raceland did not
[-] The following 1 user Likes scrappy coco's post:
  • Ramcat77
Panthers were on fire tonight. Raceland looked like a deer in the headlights.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
The Panther’s team is a good as billed! Congrats and best of luck next week. I think they could give most of the teams playing next week up to 3A all they wanted.

As for the Rams, nothing to hang your heads about. We just came across a really good team that would beat a lot of teams in larger classes by the same margin. Positives to take are most of you return next year and know what it takes to get where you want and I challenge you for the next year to do whatever you have to do and put on as much work as you need to get there! As far as the seniors, I feel your pain, I’ve been there crying after that last cold game crying in the locker room. The pain will pass and you will forever have the memory of the best time of your lives being spent with your best friends! Thank you and you will always be a Ram!
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Patriot1, Spud6
(11-27-2021, 12:05 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: The Panther’s team is a good as billed! Congrats and best of luck next week. I think they could give most of the teams playing next week up to 3A all they wanted.

As for the Rams, nothing to hang your heads about. We just came across a really good team that would beat a lot of teams in larger classes by the same margin. Positives to take are most of you return next year and know what it takes to get where you want and I challenge you for the next year to do whatever you have to do and put on as much work as you need to get there! As far as the seniors, I feel your pain, I’ve been there crying after that last cold game crying in the locker room. The pain will pass and you will forever have the memory of the best time of your lives being spent with your best friends! Thank you and you will always be a Ram!

There only may be about 10-12 teams in this state I would favor over Pikeville, maybe even less.
Way to go Panthers...total domination from the opening kickoff!! The offense had it going tonight and the defense was fantastic as usual.

Congrats to the Rams on a very successful season...they have a lot of very good talent returning and will be a tougher out the next two seasons.

Go win #6 Panthers!!
Congratulations Panthers!
Congratulations Panthers! Bring another one back to Pike Co.!

The eastern Ky Big three ready to invade Lexington next week!
[-] The following 2 users Like VELVET CLOSER's post:
  • eagle8966, PHSFAN
congrats Pikeville,hopefully there is 3 titles coming back to Eastern Ky
Don’t know what happened to my previous post but here we go again. The two seniors this year should have graduated last year with their 6th grade class. That’s when lambland started the holdback titlwave. Since then plus the COVID year bullCrap and now to have steam loaded with older kids in literally every class. Even their transfer portal kids have joined in the holdback game. Tonight’s game made me so happy I could cry. I love seeing older kids get beat when they are doing their best to cheat the system. The entire ( soph class at Raceland should be seniors next year). I DARE ANYONE TO TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG
Well I’ve said for 2 months that I thought Hazard may have been the second best team in the East, and I think I was right.
The LCA & Madison Central losses don’t look too bad after tonight. Total domination from Pike High tonight. One more! HAIL PIKEVILLE!
(11-27-2021, 12:46 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Well I’ve said for 2 months that I thought Hazard may have been the second best team in the East, and I think I was right.

It sure looks like it for now, and it sucks that those two had to eliminate one another.

But congrats Pikeville on a huge win. The defense was lights out again.. Russellville hasn’t been to shabby this season either and your going to see some speed next week with them. So good luck Panthers.

Congrats Raceland on a great season and I know your going to be back as you lose no one except two seniors.
Congratulations to Pikeville and you guys played a great game tonight on both sides of the ball and I still think Raceland has a great team but tonight they meet a team that I think was their best game all year but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Raceland needs to beef up their schedule. They had no clue how to respond against playing a good team when they got punched in the mouth.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations Pikeville!!!!!
(11-27-2021, 01:09 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Raceland needs to beef up their schedule. They had no clue how to respond against playing a good team when they got punched in the mouth.
I guess playing the 3A defending state champ and having the defending 1A state champ in your district is not playing good teams. Good try though. Couple that with LC and Russell you’re really reaching. Lmao.
(11-27-2021, 02:01 AM)FootballGuy Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 01:09 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Raceland needs to beef up their schedule. They had no clue how to respond against playing a good team when they got punched in the mouth.
I guess playing the 3A defending state champ and having the defending 1A state champ in your district is not playing good teams. Good try though. Couple that with LC and Russell you’re really reaching. Lmao.

From a complete bystander who has no qualms with or against Raceland. Tonight they looked like they hadn’t seen competition all year. They were shell shocked when Pikeville lined up and punched them in the mouth. And Raceland was too good to have a running clock put on them. Besides a couple runs by #2, Raceland didn’t have a good play all night.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-27-2021, 02:17 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

From a complete bystander who has no qualms with or against Raceland. Tonight they looked like they hadn’t seen competition all year. They were shell shocked when Pikeville lined up and punched them in the mouth. And Raceland was too good to have a running clock put on them. Besides a couple runs by #2, Raceland didn’t have a good play all night.
Ashland, Russell and Paintsville down significantly from last year. Lawrence was mediocre. Pikeville had 3 semifinalists on their schedule, 2 won and Madison Central led St. X for most of the game. Plus there is Wheelersburg who knocked Ironton out of the playoffs in Ohio. Letcher Central was the 5th best team on Pikeville schedule and were better than anyone Raceland played. Plus 2 tough games vs. Hazard. Huge difference in schedules and it showed tonight. Pikeville was the first top-echelon team Raceland faced all year.

Honestly no schedule change was going to help Raceland win tonight.  Did we play the toughest schedule? Probably not but we also couldn’t help it that our usual “good” teams were down.  I don’t think it would have mattered even if we played a stronger schedule though, Pikeville just outmatched us across all positions tonight and we just didn’t have the Jimmies and Joe’s to keep up.  All we can do is lick our wounds and try to be better next year.
[-] The following 3 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Darth Hater, Spud6, Westside
This one was over from the opening kickoff. Mcnamee accompanied with the run game is bad news for all of 1A. The emergence of Wade Hensley has been huge for the panthers
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Ugly Truth's post:
  • Patriot1

Honestly no schedule change was going to help Raceland win tonight.  Did we play the toughest schedule? Probably not but we also couldn’t help it that our usual “good” teams were down.  I don’t think it would have mattered even if we played a stronger schedule though, Pikeville just outmatched us across all positions tonight and we just didn’t have the Jimmies and Joe’s to keep up.  All we can do is lick our wounds and try to be better next year.
Cmon man 3A and 1a was as weak as dishwater last year. I felt like I was watching a middle school state championship in that 1a game it was as flat as could be and boring. LC may have had the worse defense in the state (literally look at the stats) this year gotta feel bad for their offense. Russel well you saw what happened to russel. None of those teams they played where top 30-40 maybe even 50 in the state this year. Pikeville played LCA in a close game who is one of the most dominant teams in the state and will be playing for and most likely winning the 2a title. They Played 6a Madison central who was a semi finalist in class 6a and went down swinging. Scrimmaged Johnson Central pre season who is playing in the 4a finals. When teams like raceland and Paintsville quiting saying what do we have to gain from playing these big schools and realize iron sharpens iron they will not be on pikeville’s level. Until then get used to pikeville dominating the East in class 1a.

(11-27-2021, 04:15 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

That’s just noise, Raceland has the athletes to match up well and I wholeheartedly believe had they been battle tested it would’ve been closer.
Great job Panthers!!! Congratulations on yet another trip to Kroger!!!
Way to go Panthers!
A complete game from Pikeville. They are firing on all cylinders when they need to be.
Hats off to the Panthers on a dominant performance. Raceland has nothing to hang their heads about, over the next few years I feel like they may have their shot at a title but it’s just not this year. Watching how close that Paintsville had played Raceland, I thought this outcome was a really possibility but just didn’t want to flex to hard on that opinion. It’s hard to compare common opponents sometimes but having watched the Pikeville/Paintsville game I knew Paintsville really outside of H Phelps was just not very good. I haven’t watched one play of a Russellville game yet so I’m def not going to crown Pikeville just yet, but they sure looked the part tonight. I’m not sure Raceland got their 1st first down until into the second quarter. Anyway, Congrats Raceland on a great season, I fully expect these two to meet in the playoffs again very very soon. Pikeville enjoy the win and let’s get back to work for 1 last week. You seniors went out at Hambley the right way fellas. Much love!
(11-27-2021, 12:41 AM)Beagle1 Wrote: Don’t know what happened to my previous post but here we go again.  The two seniors this year should have graduated last year with their 6th grade class. That’s when lambland started the holdback titlwave. Since then plus the COVID year bullCrap and now to have steam loaded with older kids in literally every class.  Even their transfer portal kids have joined in the holdback game.  Tonight’s game made me so happy I could cry.  I love seeing older kids get beat when they are doing their best to cheat the system. The entire ( soph class at Raceland should be seniors next year).  I DARE ANYONE TO TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG
GTFOH with this nonsense. There are holdbacks at every school. Sounds like someone is a sore loser.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Blue_Bird96