Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Azubuike Fighting for Starting Job with Warriors...
Former University of Kentucky star Kelenna Azubuike scored 27 points early Wednesday to lead the Golden State Warriors to a 111-110 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA pre-season opener for both teams. Azubuike, plucked by the Warriors from the NBA Developmental League last January, is battling Marco Belinelli and Monta Ellis for the team's starting shooting guard position. The trio are fighting to replace Jason Richardson, who was traded to the Charlotte Bobcats on draft night.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/198840.html
I love seeing former UK players in the NBA. He will get alot of playing time this season. Good Luck to Kelenna.
Hope he gets the starting position. His chances are probably better because Monta Ellis sprained his neck in training camp so he will be on the shelf for a while.
I hope he gets the spot, he is a very good all around basketball player, I met him at a camp last year. I was there watching one of my friends it was just a day type camp from early morning until late at night, I set down and talked to him, asked him why he didn't stay for his sr. year then he pulled out a wad of cash and said "Because of these" It was funny the way he said that, great guy. Hope to see him make it.
I hope he lands a job with someone.He went pro to help his dad out of money trouble that had him headed to jail.Never did hear how that went.Tubby once said looks like tarzan plays like jane.As long as he is physical he will play anywhere.If he plays without toughness he is very average player.