Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College GameDay NOT coming to Lexington
It's official on ESPN.com, the weekly pregame and postgame discussion on October 13 will be in Norman, Oklahoma for the game between the #6 Sooners and the #11 Missouri Tigers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMic...howID=FBCG

I gotta admit I'm a little surprised here. I had been looking at all the matchups for this coming weekend, and I felt that the most attractive game would be the UK-LSU tilt. I had noticed this other game and I realized that it was also 2 highly ranked teams, but from what I can tell that game is not even being televised nationally. The UK-LSU game, on the other hand, is the CBS national game of the week.

Also, while LSU and Oklahoma are both big names, I also though Kentucky carried a little more weight right now than Missouri. They may be unbeaten, but UK has a Heisman candidate and has received tons of national press this year.

Oh well. We still have a shot to get them to town the next week when we host Florida, even if we lose. Other contenders that day include Auburn at LSU (although they were just in Baton Rouge this week), California at UCLA, Michigan at Illinois, and Tennessee at Alabama.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it is ESPN loss go out and cover the big 12 doormats.
Dosn't surprise me at all.
Missouri thumped Nebraska, and Oklahoma is a national name.... if Missouri had lost to Oklahoma, there would be a higher liklihood that they would be in Lexington this weekend...

Gameday has already covered LSU twice this season, so that didn't help either....

If Kentucky can somehow beat LSU, they could be in Lexington for the October 20 matchup with Florida....

On a side note, Missouri is a very very good team and that will be a good game... but I would have loved to saw those guys in here this weekend though...
Well, I am a huge UK fan, but we are not ready to be among the nations elite football programs. If we had to play USC, Oklahoma, Texas, UK would never have a chance at teams like that to get a win.

Kentucky's win over a terrible Louisville team and a rebuilding Arkansas team carries no weight. A loss to South Carolina last thursday really shows that UK is not ready to join the Elite programs. our #8 ranking came based on a win over Florida Atlantic coupled with so many losses amongst the top 10...We got lucky because they had to put us somewhere...

I enjoyed the #8 ranking and felt that we were overrated, but a win over South Carolina would have solidified that ranking, but it served up the truth on a silver platter that we are not yet elite. If we beat LSU & Florida, then I will believe !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
not suprised
No surprise.
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, I am a huge UK fan, but we are not ready to be among the nations elite football programs. If we had to play USC, Oklahoma, Texas, UK would never have a chance at teams like that to get a win.

Kentucky's win over a terrible Louisville team and a rebuilding Arkansas team carries no weight. A loss to South Carolina last thursday really shows that UK is not ready to join the Elite programs. our #8 ranking came based on a win over Florida Atlantic coupled with so many losses amongst the top 10...We got lucky because they had to put us somewhere...

I enjoyed the #8 ranking and felt that we were overrated, but a win over South Carolina would have solidified that ranking, but it served up the truth on a silver platter that we are not yet elite. If we beat LSU & Florida, then I will believe !
I agree 100%, Louisville is nothing, Arkansas is not the team they were last year. UK is good but not great.
FreakNasty Wrote:Missouri thumped Nebraska, and Oklahoma is a national name.... if Missouri had lost to Oklahoma, there would be a higher liklihood that they would be in Lexington this weekend...

Gameday has already covered LSU twice this season, so that didn't help either....

If Kentucky can somehow beat LSU, they could be in Lexington for the October 20 matchup with Florida....

On a side note, Missouri is a very very good team and that will be a good game... but I would have loved to saw those guys in here this weekend though...

Totally agree!

UK is "out of the national picture" now that the so-called experts picked them to be upset by Carolina. They will treat South Florida and Boston College the same once they suffer their first loss. UK needs to shock LSU to regain a spot in the spotlight...
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, I am a huge UK fan, but we are not ready to be among the nations elite football programs. If we had to play USC, Oklahoma, Texas, UK would never have a chance at teams like that to get a win.

What is up with all the UK fans turning on their team after one bad game? While UK may not be the #8 ranked team, they are still a good team. Don't give up hope.

Also, why should we think that the South Carolina game showed the Cats' true colors, while the first 5 games were just a mirage? I personally feel that South Carolina is even more overrated than the Cats right now. They did not look like a great team the other night, at best a team on the same level as UK, but Kentucky made the stupid turnovers and they didn't. If we played them 10 times this season, I expect that we would probably split the series even up.

I don't expect us to beat LSU or Florida either, but that still won't make us suddenly a bad team even if we lose both. Just a good team that got dealt a rough stretch by the schedule-makers. An 8-4 season is still well within reach.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If UK loses to LSU and Florida, they'll be out of the top 25 and all of us who root for UK can feel the same again and say "maybe next year", but, this was one heck of a year for UK football, putting itself in the national spotlight for recruits to see.
O Well its game days loss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh well..We dont need them to get pumped up for this game! Is going to be crazy all day Saturday!
More Cowbell Wrote:What is up with all the UK fans turning on their team after one bad game? While UK may not be the #8 ranked team, they are still a good team. Don't give up hope.

Also, why should we think that the South Carolina game showed the Cats' true colors, while the first 5 games were just a mirage? I personally feel that South Carolina is even more overrated than the Cats right now. They did not look like a great team the other night, at best a team on the same level as UK, but Kentucky made the stupid turnovers and they didn't. If we played them 10 times this season, I expect that we would probably split the series even up.

I don't expect us to beat LSU or Florida either, but that still won't make us suddenly a bad team even if we lose both. Just a good team that got dealt a rough stretch by the schedule-makers. An 8-4 season is still well within reach.

Well, for one I am not giving up on my team. UK had the chance to put away the demons of the past with a win over Spurrier and the Cocks, but we could'nt get it done. True, we are a better team in some respects than South Carolina, we made them look alot better than they actually are. But a good team will capitalize on their opponents mistakes and boy did they ever....

Our defense played a very sound game, but the offense I believe had its worst outing since the 49-0 loss to LSU last year in the Bayou. Our O line just didnt show up. Also, Woodson has the habit of keeping the ball longer than he should.

I expect the loss to LSU, and have been since the beginning of the season, but South Carolina was a very winnable game for Kentucky and they blew it. I am very proud of the guys with the accomplishments they have made. But, there's a long way to go before the Cats can hope to be considered elite. A win over LSU and Florida would definitely hold serve that we have arrived...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, for one I am not giving up on my team. UK had the chance to put away the demons of the past with a win over Spurrier and the Cocks, but we could'nt get it done. True, we are a better team in some respects than South Carolina, we made them look alot better than they actually are. But a good team will capitalize on their opponents mistakes and boy did they ever....

Our defense played a very sound game, but the offense I believe had its worst outing since the 49-0 loss to LSU last year in the Bayou. Our O line just didnt show up. Also, Woodson has the habit of keeping the ball longer than he should.

I expect the loss to LSU, and have been since the beginning of the season, but South Carolina was a very winnable game for Kentucky and they blew it. I am very proud of the guys with the accomplishments they have made. But, there's a long way to go before the Cats can hope to be considered elite. A win over LSU and Florida would definitely hold serve that we have arrived...

I agree with you completely that South Carolina was a winnable game for the Cats, because in my mind we are the better team. We just didn't play like it that day, and they capitalized on our mistakes. If we played them again next week I would still pick us to win.

That said, I'm not suggesting that UK should be considered "elite" yet. They need to beat some top teams and be consistently good for a few seasons before they could be considered for that label. But just because UK isn't "elite" doesn't mean that they can't knock off teams of that class. UK can beat LSU, but they likely won't unless they play a flawless game. UK can also beat Florida, but that also should not be expected this year.

My point is that losing games you're supposed to lose does not make you a bad team, and I don't think the Carolina game 'exposed' the Cats as a fraud or anything. They just played poorly that night, which unfortunately just happened to be on the road against a solid team with the same talent level as UK. Almost always a recipe for a loss, but not a loss that should diminish what UK has, and still can, accomplish this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
what time does LSU and Ky play
3:30!
Will the game be shown on tv?
It's on CBS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In retrospect I bet ESPN would have wanted it on gameday.