•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Head Coach, Magoffin County
(12-29-2021, 07:32 PM)Redneck Wrote: I was told they had to wait for the paperwork to come back from Frankfort. That paperwork should have been received today.
I've never heard of any school having to wait on paperwork to hire a coach. Only thing it could be is a school background check.
(12-29-2021, 07:49 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 07:32 PM)Redneck Wrote: I was told they had to wait for the paperwork to come back from Frankfort. That paperwork should have been received today.
I've never heard of any school having to wait on paperwork to hire a coach. Only thing it could be is a school background check.
I’m assuming that’s what it is, especially if the new coach was also hired as a teacher.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(12-29-2021, 08:04 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 07:49 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
I’m assuming that’s what it is, especially if the new coach was also hired as a teacher.

Yes that would be the case...
Any hire for a program is important, but the stakes have never been higher in Salyersville. There is a lot of talent in the feeder program and a solid coach is needed to keep these kids together and more importantly, grow as football players and as a program. If the right coach is hired, Magoffin could be a very competitive program in the coming years.
This is taking forever! This tells me the administration is unsure and not confident in applicants (that makes sense) or it’s just not that important. Either way this good young class will most like break apart and go to surrounding districts for either reason. Sad.
(12-31-2021, 01:36 AM)MountainMusic Wrote: This is taking forever! This tells me the administration is unsure and not confident in applicants (that makes sense) or it’s just not that important. Either way this good young class will most like break apart and go to surrounding districts for either reason. Sad.
I agree with you.  There's no reason it should take this long.
They might as well hire the mayor and wrap this up.
Harbaugh and Fickel aren’t busy just right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • ekywildcat
I got a feeling the new coach will be named this week when school starts back. A press conference with all students in attendance, then the coach asking that ALL boys stay back so he can talk to them about his plans for the program and urge everyone to come out and play.
Michael Caba!
(01-02-2022, 01:39 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Michael Caba!
You don’t think Oliver will keep him as his OC at Georgetown, or at least keep him on the staff.
Who is Michael Caba?
(01-02-2022, 02:40 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
Who is Michael Caba?
Magoffin Alum, Offensive Coordinator at Georgetown College
Maybe they will announce it in 2023?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissingBallot's post:
  • Redneck
Its really unfortunate for the program that they are waiting this long. Either there were some pretty good applicants, or really bad ones...either way, they need to make a decision.
I’m thinking you may be correct.
(01-03-2022, 09:27 PM)Redneck Wrote:
I’m thinking you may be correct.
Probably why they have been waiting so long...
John Derosett has posted on Facebook that he is the new head coach at Magoffin Co.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Redneck
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)