Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Paintsville 64 Betsy Layne 22
Betsy Layne made it interesting for a quarter and even lead 8-7 early but Paintsville was just too much for the Bobcats.
Final

Game a little choppy at times. Refs let too much go on early in the game by both teams. A few players were ejected.
I thought Betsy Layne was bringing home the hardware this year??
Way to go Tigers!
This game went the way I thought it would go. I thought someone said they were bringing the heat.
(11-05-2021, 11:20 PM)Redneck Wrote: Final

Game a little choppy at times. Refs let too much go on early in the game by both teams. A few players were ejected.
What was the number of the Paintsville player?
Imagine that. A chippy game. Did the chain gang attack anybody this game???
(11-05-2021, 11:51 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Imagine that. A chippy game. Did the chain gang attack anybody this game???
Didn’t BL have a player also ejected during the Raceland game this year? BL has made some improvements but they still have a long way to go.
(11-05-2021, 11:51 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Imagine that. A chippy game. Did the chain gang attack anybody this game???

Nope. None of BL’s coaches kicked the chain gangs sticks every time he walked by them.
Lol. “Attack”. I hear ya Devil. Way to not look like one those guys
(11-05-2021, 11:37 PM)Old Ball Coach Wrote:

#15 I believe
(11-06-2021, 12:04 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
Didn’t BL have a player also ejected during the Raceland game this year? BL has made some improvements but they still have a long way to go.
Yep, BL has had a few games of punches thrown including their middle school program this season.
Yes they did. They are out of control because their coach is out of control.

(11-06-2021, 12:05 AM)Redneck Wrote:

#15 I believe
It was 50. That’s a big loss

Where can I watch the replay of this game?
(11-06-2021, 12:42 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

#15 I believe

Same guy on Facebook who filmed the Raceland game @ Paintsville.

#15 I believe

50, Matt Davis, did not play. He dressed out, but did not play. #15, Justin Ramey was the Paintsville player that was ejected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • RAM-A-DEVIL
Not that it matters now but a very strange decision for BL to go for it on 4th & 12 on their side of the field in the first half with under 2 min left in the half. At this point it was only a two score game. This decision led to an int that was returned for a td. Not a great way to finish the half. Really sends the message that BL, that early in the game, felt like their defense had no chance. Needless to say Paintsville never looked back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darth Hater's post:
  • Redneck

#15 I believe

50 didn’t dress last night.
50 did dress. He was one of the captains.
But did not play
(11-06-2021, 12:08 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
Yep, BL has had a few games of punches thrown including their middle school program this season.
Didn't their coach get suspended a game earlier in the year for confronting a coach in an earlier game? He seems like kind of a hot head.
BL had a good record this season but clearly showed they have a ways to go before hanging with the top level teams. Congrats to Paintsville on the win and see you next week in Ramland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Redneck
(11-06-2021, 08:45 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: Not that it matters now but a very strange decision for BL to go for it on 4th & 12 on their side of the field in the first half with under 2 min left in the half. At this point it was only a two score game. This decision led to an int that was returned for a td. Not a great way to finish the half. Really sends the message that BL, that early in the game, felt like their defense had no chance. Needless to say Paintsville never looked back.
That decision is similar to the decision to not shake hands following a very humbling loss.
  • Josiewales
And sending an assistant out for the coin toss. Just do the right thing
(11-06-2021, 11:41 AM)Darth Hater Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 08:45 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: Not that it matters now but a very strange decision for BL to go for it on 4th & 12 on their side of the field in the first half with under 2 min left in the half. At this point it was only a two score game. This decision led to an int that was returned for a td. Not a great way to finish the half. Really sends the message that BL, that early in the game, felt like their defense had no chance. Needless to say Paintsville never looked back.
That decision is similar to the decision to not shake hands following a very humbling loss.

We may have some arrogant/cocky fans, every fan base has em, but I’d be ashamed if we had some like I seen from BL last night. Cussing out an opposing teams kids when the scuffle broke out on the BL sideline and again after the game when our boys met at the center of the field to celebrate their victory. You wanna cuss out coaches or refs, go for it, but ya don’t cuss a bunch of kids. It’s no wonder a handful of the BL players were flipping the bird to the Paintsville sideline as they walked off refusing to shake hands.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Nygfan106wins
I hate to do it but i gotta side with some of the Paintsville guys regarding last nights mess. I watched the game online (on mute after Fredrick Allen James made me want to jab hit pokers in ky ears again). But the BL fan base, coaching staff, and following suit, the players, were chippy, mouthy, and looked for anything and everything to gripe about when they had anything happen that was not a positive for them. It was painfully obvious against Raceland and Paintsville, pretty early on, that they were simply not at that level yet. They have a good enough QB and good enough WR that they can score some points. But they have zero defense or run game. Stereotypical team, that had success against a weak schedule, which created a false sense of security and had them all believing they were world beaters. And when they lined up against real PROGRAMS, they got smacked in the mouth and couldn't handle it. Paintsville is far from the poster child of innocense and tbh, neither is Raceland. But BL was way worse than either of the worst Tiger and Ram fans ive seen. As for the players, Raceland and Paintsville can be chippy, but i feel it comes from the rivalry and competitiveness of those games. Betsy Lane has not done anything to garner that same respect from me. Jmo...
[-] The following 3 users Like Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Darth Hater, Josiewales, Redneck
^^ 100% spot on
(11-06-2021, 02:36 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I hate to do it but i gotta side with some of the Paintsville guys regarding last nights mess. I watched the game online (on mute after Fredrick Allen James made me want to jab hit pokers in ky ears again). But the BL fan base, coaching staff, and following suit, the  players, were chippy, mouthy, and looked for anything and everything to gripe about when they had anything happen that was not a positive for them. It was painfully obvious against Raceland and Paintsville, pretty early on, that they were simply not at that level yet. They have a good enough QB and good enough WR that they can score some points. But they have zero defense or run game. Stereotypical team, that had success against a weak schedule, which created a false sense of security and had them all believing they were world beaters. And when they lined up against real PROGRAMS, they got smacked in the mouth and couldn't handle it. Paintsville is far from the poster child of innocense and tbh, neither is Raceland. But BL was way worse than either of the worst Tiger and Ram fans ive seen. As for the players, Raceland and Paintsville can be chippy, but i feel it comes from the rivalry and competitiveness of those games. Betsy Lane has not done anything to garner that same respect from me. Jmo...
Thank you Scotty. Fredrick Allen loves to give the opposing fan base a hard time but it always good natured. He is a great man and I wish the world had more people like him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Redneck
I can appreciate what he does in streaming the games, etc. I can even appreciate a "homer" commentator. But he seems to attempt to make the stream more about him and how worked up he can make the opposing fan base, rather than the game itself. I took it with a grain of salt during the Raceland game. But then it was there during the BL game well before anything started on the field. Maybe im old school. I just like to hear down and distance, time and score, and about what is going on in the game. Like i said, this is jmo, and i appreciate him doing something that many couldnt or wouldnt do either way.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Redneck
I think he’s funny as hell and should keep doing his thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Redneck
(11-06-2021, 06:11 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I think he’s funny as hell and should keep doing his thing.

Between him and the comments section, it’s straight gold  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(11-06-2021, 02:36 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I hate to do it but i gotta side with some of the Paintsville guys regarding last nights mess. I watched the game online (on mute after Fredrick Allen James made me want to jab hit pokers in ky ears again). But the BL fan base, coaching staff, and following suit, the  players, were chippy, mouthy, and looked for anything and everything to gripe about when they had anything happen that was not a positive for them. It was painfully obvious against Raceland and Paintsville, pretty early on, that they were simply not at that level yet. They have a good enough QB and good enough WR that they can score some points. But they have zero defense or run game. Stereotypical team, that had success against a weak schedule, which created a false sense of security and had them all believing they were world beaters. And when they lined up against real PROGRAMS, they got smacked in the mouth and couldn't handle it. Paintsville is far from the poster child of innocense and tbh, neither is Raceland. But BL was way worse than either of the worst Tiger and Ram fans ive seen. As for the players, Raceland and Paintsville can be chippy, but i feel it comes from the rivalry and competitiveness of those games. Betsy Lane has not done anything to garner that same respect from me. Jmo...
BL never developed any sort of run game to go with what everyone knew they would be capable of doing and that is make big plays in the passing game. Saying they fell short in creating another dimension to their offense would be a huge understatement. The second very obvious issue was their inability to play defense. If BL staff had put more time and energy into developing these aspects of their team they would have had a real shot a upsetting someone this year. Instead they mistakenly sacrificed physical and disciplined football for disrespectful theatrics.
  • Redneck