Post who u all think will be the top players at there postions next year

qb
rb
wr
ol
Qb-Huffman
RB-G. Varney, and W. Robinson
WR- I'm not sure about
OL- Do you want individual players or the better team ol.
qb phillips
wr matt maynard
rb dont know
ol justin gooslin, boomer edwards, chad steele, aaron chapman, richard harris, matt dotson
RB-Gordon Varney
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Qb-Huffman
RB-G. Varney, and W. Robinson
WR- I'm not sure about
OL- Do you want individual players or the better team ol.

good picks.... WR-Matt Sexton.......OL-Not sure
QB - Huffman
RB - Robinson or one of two backs from Belfry
WR - Matt Maynard will be the best athlete, but Belfry doesn't thorw
OL - Belfry's entire O-line will be Pike Co's best
QB- Huffman
RB- Robinson and Varney
WR- Sexton and Maynard
OL- ......dont really know...
qb-huffman
rb-robinson-now that shurtleff is gone we will really see how good this kid is
wr-sexton
oline-probaly belfry-juts because come on their belfry they always ahve a good line
With the new offense I hear Ben Howard is installing at Valley it wouldnt surprise me to see the leader in offensive yards be from Shelby Valley.
G. Varney will be the best back in the mountains next year. i have seen him do sets of 5 on squat with 415, I haven't even seen any linemen at valley do that and I have seen them all lift When I saw him run this year, it was unreal how much faster he has gotten from last year.
now I know G. Varney is pretty good but I seriosly doubt he can squat 415 5x
mlb33 Wrote:now I know G. Varney is pretty good but I seriosly doubt he can squat 415 5x
I agree with you on that one. He may be good and all, but i just dont see that one happening.
mlb33 Wrote:now I know G. Varney is pretty good but I seriosly doubt he can squat 415 5x
I agree with you on that one. He may be good and all, but i just dont see that one happening.
yea buddy the chances of GV doing that are the chances that a flying bullmoose will take a dump on top of the washington monument with out it falling off on the west side durring a thunderstorm on mothers day
yeah i doubt that G. Varney even comes close to doing that, he is a good back but will not be the best in the mountains next year. I look for brethitt county and pikeville to have some really good backs next year
Why is it impossible?? When I was in high school i squatted 410, and I weighed 185..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Why is it impossible?? When I was in high school i squatted 410, and I weighed 185..

Maybe because he weighs about A buck O'Five.

I don't know what he squats, but that does seem a little high.
qb-Chase Huffman
rb-Weston Robinson
wr-Matt Sexton
ol-will lockhart
Banane09.:
Today in weight lifting class, we were doing sets of 10 on squat, GVarney first set was 325, his last set was 385 and he did it without spotting. So tell me he couldn't do 415 set of five. He wasn't below parellel on the squat but it was the box squat. It's really incredible how strong he is, his last set of 10 on push press was 205...Not saying he'll be the best back around, but he'll be a much stronger and faster back this year. Coach Mac even referred to him as a freak
he could squat 1000 for al i care but he still isent better then robinson
QB - Chase Huffman
RB - Gordan Varney
WR - Hank Simpson (im assuming TE counts)
OL - Steve Thacker
HappyGilmore Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Why is it impossible?? When I was in high school i squatted 410, and I weighed 185..

Maybe because he weighs about A buck O'Five.

I don't know what he squats, but that does seem a little high.

I didn't notice till the other day, but i would say he probably weighs about 165-170, he's not as small as I thought he was.

I don't knwo what he squats either, but i've seen some crazy things, so I'm not goin to say its impossible
Remember GVarney is just going to be a junior next year, but his lower body is by far stronger than anyone on the team..There isn't even a lineman besides Logan who can squat as much as Gordan, which is sad in its own right. Robinson is a good back, but dang he's little. Varney weighed in at 186 yesterday, he compares to former PHS stud Brent Coleman as far as being strong and low to the ground. Robinson is probably faster right now, but Varney's potential is unlimited..Perhaps that explains why Belfry calls him on a weekly basis. They need some good backs over there.
robinson isent small the kid is so muhc bigger then he has ever been
he weighted at 161 about 5'10 not a bit of fat on him and is strong as anyone on the pikeville roster at upper body workouts
as for his leg strenth his last set on 3x10 was 270 not muhc but u have to give it to him he did just get off a brokein ankle a month ago IMO give him the rest of the school year and the summer to work out he will proiably be at 180 with a stronger leg and body power
gordan is a good bakc i juts think that these boys are the same and i have to give it to robinson because of the experience
Valleyballa Wrote:Remember GVarney is just going to be a junior next year, but his lower body is by far stronger than anyone on the team..There isn't even a lineman besides Logan who can squat as much as Gordan, which is sad in its own right. Robinson is a good back, but dang he's little. Varney weighed in at 186 yesterday, he compares to former PHS stud Brent Coleman as far as being strong and low to the ground. Robinson is probably faster right now, but Varney's potential is unlimited..Perhaps that explains why Belfry calls him on a weekly basis. They need some good backs over there.

I give up man, you're writing checks that Varney can't cash.

First you say he is better the Robinson, not really a valid argument at all. But then you go on in this post to compare him to Brent Coleman. Are you crazy!!!! Nothing Varney has ever done compares to what Coleman accomplished on the football field.

BTW.......Puff, Puff, Give.....on whatever you're smokin'!!!
well, I don't think will lockheart is a better linemen then any of belfrys or steve thacker.
QB-Huffman
RB-Robinson and Varney
WR-Hank Simpson
Weston Robinson will be the best back in Pike County next season.
valleyballa.....u said u had weightlifting class with him.....i thought u went to valley
welch champ Wrote:he could squat 1000 for al i care but he still isent better then robinson

If Gordon Varney got to play teams like Jenkins every year in Class A like Weston does, then I think you would have a different opinion.
Dont go putting Varney down when hes one of the best if not the best running back in Pike County. :? :?