Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 70 Bath Co 22
Valley had 49 at the half. 

I would not want to play these guys in the playoffs
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
I wouldn't want to see the outcome of an ethics quiz of the SV coaching staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Hambley
I have heard that Bath refused a running clock in the first half. Any truth to that?
I have heard that Shelby Valley refused to have class in the second half. Any truth to that?
(10-24-2021, 08:08 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I have heard that Shelby Valley refused to have class in the second half. Any truth to that?

Sure seems like they didn’t have any class. But Valley had more rushing attempts than passing attempts. Did they keep throwing in the second half when they were up 50+?
Why would any coach decide to refuse a running clock?

Bath County is in the playoffs regardless, so why risk keeping guys out there longer than they need to be?
You can't refuse a running clock.
^^^ you can in the first half of the game.
(10-26-2021, 10:32 AM)Hey IntheZone Wrote: ^^^ you can in the first half of the game.

That’s what I was thinking as well. I have just heard from several coaches that Bath refused the running clock in the first. First time I’ve ever heard of a team doing that.
SV has a QB they are promoting. Hard to know how good or bad they are cause they are only interested in having a winning record in the regular season only to take an early exit in the playoffs. Why anyone would hang 70 on another school is beyond me. It also looks like they kept throwing even with giant lead. That in itself tells me they are padding stats for a qb.

QB had 421 yards and 5 touchdowns. I rest my case
(10-26-2021, 05:45 PM)Hambley Wrote: SV has a QB they are promoting. Hard to know how good or bad they are cause they are only interested in having a winning record in the regular season only to take an early exit in the playoffs. Why anyone would hang 70 on another school is beyond me. It also looks like they kept throwing even with giant lead. That in itself tells me they are padding stats for a qb.

QB had 421 yards and 5 touchdowns.  I rest my case
100% this. Promotion.
Problem is they think stats will make him a D1 prospect. When you watch any film on them the stats only come against inferior teams that have been scheduled for that reason. Bath was a district game but there schedule is full of cupcakes that are stat driven for him and the adult egos. As always early out in the playoffs but plenty stats to look at!!!
(10-26-2021, 06:32 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Problem is they think stats will make him a D1 prospect. When you watch any film on them the stats only come against inferior teams that have been scheduled for that reason. Bath was a district game but there schedule is full of cupcakes that are stat driven for him and the adult egos. As always early out in the playoffs but plenty stats to look at!!!

What inferior teams did SV schedule? 7-2 5A Letcher Central? 7-2 5A North Laurel? Pike Central game happens every year for the PCB. Floyd Central was the only bad non-district team on their schedule. Hazard is the only smaller school they'll play and Hazard is a top 10 1A school.

Also, Russ averaged 174 yds passing per and 89 yds rushing per in their 4 losses. That's 263 yards of total offense by himself in the 4 losses.

Bath County coaches refused a running clock in the first half. SV coaches probably seen that Russ was close to breaking the school single game passing record at halftime and decided to let him break it. Cast stones all you want, but again, I don't know why any coaching staff would refuse a running clock.
  • BlackcatPride32
They are both 7-2 agreed but did you even look at either schedule? NL hasn’t beaten anyone this year and only won 8 games the previous two years. LC hasn’t beat anyone but hazard and the dawgs gettin ready to clock SV this weekend. If you agree to letting a player run his stats up on a inferior team to break a record that’s on you. Good programs don’t run up the score or stats period. You can spin anyway you want it’s not right!!!!!!
(10-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: They are both 7-2 agreed but did you even look at either schedule? NL hasn’t beaten anyone this year and only won 8 games the previous two years. LC hasn’t beat anyone but hazard and the dawgs gettin ready to clock SV this weekend. If you agree to letting a player run his stats up on a inferior team to break a record that’s on you. Good programs don’t run up the score or stats period. You can spin anyway you want it’s not right!!!!!!

The fact you're overlooking is Bath County refused a running clock. 

Would you rather have had SV rush for a school or state record? They averaged 12 yards a carry in this game and had 5 rushing touchdowns. 20 of their 27 players on their roster are sophomores and freshman. What did you want them to do? Because it seems to me like a bunch of points were going to be put up one way or another because (again) Bath County refused a running clock. The fact that no one has a problem with that is what's kind of head scratching.
  • BlackcatPride32
Yes you put the 10-12 that never get to play in the game and run the football. In all ages of football from elementary to the nfl you don’t throw the football up 40. Just not right. No JV or backup qb to get some reps? The running clock was only stopped in the first half if I read it right also so they had to be in full air raid for points and stats.
Looks like SV scored 60 on ER and no subs got any reps on offense...

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...85764_2909
Gotta love the Pikeville/Shelby Valley rivalry
  • jetpilot
Haha basketball only!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(10-26-2021, 10:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Looks like SV scored 60 on ER and no subs got any reps on offense...

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...85764_2909

Woah
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
The running clock is in effect in the second half regardless. You can’t refuse it in the second half. By rule the clock will run in the second half if one team is up by 36 points
Imagine a bunch of grown men upset about a kids stats.. ?
(10-27-2021, 07:33 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Imagine a bunch of grown men upset about a kids stats.. ?
Not at all...just pointing out fake stats.
(10-27-2021, 07:44 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 07:33 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Imagine a bunch of grown men upset about a kids stats.. ?
Not at all...just pointing out fake stats.

Did he not earn them?
Ran the score up and left players in the game to pad thier stats.
What goes around comes around. Very weird that a coach would refuse a running clock,but if SVis loaded with underclassmen then there's no better time to develop your program for the next 2 years than when you're up by 30. It's a bad coach who is more concerned about stats than about the future of his program, if that's the case here. Nothing gets freshman and sophomores ready to play on friday night like playing on friday night. When I was playing we beat Magoffin 82-6 one year and our coach got raked through the coals by people who didn't watch the game, but if they had watched the game then they would know that our freshman team played every snap after the 1st quarter and scored at will. I share that to say that context matters. It sounds like SV kept at least their starting QB in and threw the ball in a blowout, which would be a pretty classless move, but since I didn't watch the game and don't plan to then I'm not gonna throw stones. Either way, I doubt SV will make it past the 2and round.
I don't know what the case was here cause I haven't seen the game to know but the 421 yards were on only 13 completions according to the stats. That's more than 32 yards per completion. Probably a lot of short passes that turned into long plays cause Bath County couldn't tackle. I do know that Belfry has had a lot of games over the years against weaker teams where their star running back could have easily set a state record but didn't cause Haywood isn't about running the score up to pad stats.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • nemo
Must have been a lot of three pointers in this one.