Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 86 Magoffin County 74
The Defending Champs pull off what many say is an upset..this with Haley Ratliff, Taylor Brown and Kim Coleman fouling out..great game..congrats to Coach Tussey and the Lady Hawks.
UPSET CITY!!!!

WOW....Congrats to the Central girls!!!
This really makes the tournement anyones game
Way to go Pike Central!!!!
I thought when the girls lost to Belfry that was it for the hawks?
No that just made them runner up in the district. Congrats PC, every PC player did a fine job tonight!
Congrats to PC tonight, I didn't expect them to pull this out but I'm glad they did. This gives a lot of other teams a chance to win the region, should be interesting how everything pans out.
i was at this game...the refs were absolutley ridiculous...i am SURE that the foul ratio was 2 to 1 in magoffins favor...calling every touch foul committed...let them play ref...geez...i was glad to see central pull this upset...it truly is fair game for anyone now...PC has finally stepped back up to caliber...they could very well take it home 2 years straight
Wow, this changes the whole tournament. It's anyones for the taking. Let's Goooooooooooo Lady Pirates !!!!
this really opens the door for the lady pirates
There was 26 fouls on Pike Central and 13 on Magoffin County..
I thought PCC would play a great game and they did!! Congrats..they will play AC in the semi finals
Congrats to the Lady Hawks!
I was in attendance at this game as well. The Lady Hawks really put it on the Hornets. I mean they absolutely let them have it from the get go. I don't think Magoffin ever had the lead and only tied in the first quarter. The fouls were ridiculous, but the Hawks pulled it off. They played great and Magoffin had quit by the 4th quarter. Their attitudes were terrible and the fear of defeat made tempers rise. PCC deserved this win and got it. Congrat to you and Coach Tussey, wonderful job.
I'm not sure this was an upset to me... after all for the first week of the season PC was top 20 in the state.
STATS
Pike Central
Haley Ratliff-25 pts
Paige Lowe-19
Kayla Lowe--17 pts...14 rb
Taylor Brown-8
Kim Coleman-8
E Birchfield-6
M Weddington-3

Magoffin
M Howard-29pts
Ashley Howard-17pts-14rb
Brittany Mann-14
Callaray Howard-11
Ashley Hall-2
Megan Powers-1
Magoffin lives and dies with shooting. Normally they shoot a whole lot better. Brittany Manns was shooting 57% from 3 point range before the game and shot 2-13 last night with open looks.

Just like I said, Pike Central has the experience of winning the region. You cannot discount the fact that that experience is very valuable.

Last night was the first game I have seen Pike Central play. Ratliff is a very good player. I think Kayla Lowe, the ?? 6-1 ?? freshman forward, will end up being the best of the bunch. I really enjoyed watching her play.

I would much rather play Magoffin than Pike Central.

On a sad note: after the game, Manns and Ashley Jade, and some of the coaches went straight to the locker room instead of shaking hands. You girls need to do some maturing. Do you think a college coach that might waving a full ride would have liked what they saw??? I think not.
Pike Central played with some heart tonight and that was very very very evident. These girls wanted it and i think that if they play with that kind of heart and determination then they will win it all. I dont think anyone can realy stop their inside game. The first half they didnt realy utilize but one they did u had Kayla Lowe poping in 17 and Taylor + Kim adding 8 each thats pretty good. I thought Coleman played great for it to only b her 2nd game back she was on the floor for lose balls and everything. The fouls tongiht were terrible the last foul on Haley was a foul but the rest were very questionable calls the refs realy took the Hawks out of the game some what. This game would have been a worse win if the refs would have let the Hawks play a little bit. I though Goffin shot the ball pretty good they wasnt hitting the outside shots but they werent hitting them in warm ups. and if uve missed as many as that one girl did then u think that eventualy she would do something rather then shot 3s IMO
Congrats Pike Central!
Wow!! Pike Central must have played a really great game... Congratulations Hawks!!
this was a great win for the pc girls...i think they have started to play like they did last year when they went to state